Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-Mar-21 06:09:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley but its a dry start , I am also getting used to sleeping with the ESG monitor as to positioning etc in bed for comfort .
on 3 more days to wear it .
This being the anniversary of lockdown , having been reflecting over what has occurred over the last 12 months .
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Sun 14-Mar-21 08:15:44

A Very Happy Birthday to Lins. Have a lovely day flowers x

Grandmabatty Sun 14-Mar-21 08:17:28

Happy birthday Linn's ?

CherryCezzy Sun 14-Mar-21 08:17:41

Great to see you posting again this morning Lins ?
? Happy birthday to you ... happy birthday to you ? ? ??

Good luck for tomorrow Bellasnana, yep the prep, yuk ?, is worse than the procedure. I hope your anxiety subsides when it's all done and dusted.

Enjoy your day with your mother Susan and I wish the same for everyone else who are able to see loved ones today.

NannyJan53 Sun 14-Mar-21 08:21:08

Good morning from a brighter Black Country,

Bringing Mum over today for dinner. MrJan is cooking her favourite meal, Hand Battered Fish and chips. Usually we all go over to DD's on Mothers Day or go out for a meal. She always orders Fish and Chips, just like her Mum used to do smile. Last year I couldn't even go into her house, just spoke through the open window and left her gifts in the porch. I have made a Mars Bar Mousse for dessert!

Happy Birthday Lins cupcake flowers

Wishing you all a pleasant day

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Mar-21 08:23:45

Good morning, the sun is almost shining in Leicestershire.

I have had flowers, cocktails and cards from my two. Those of you who can visit children and parents are so lucky. I will have to wait until May! I cannot visit Mum as one of the carers has Covid!

I shall conpensate by going walking with a friend.

Happy Birthday Lins

Beechnut Sun 14-Mar-21 08:24:45

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Lins enjoy your meal ??

Jaxjacky Sun 14-Mar-21 08:36:47

Godd morning Mick and all from a dry, high cloud S Hants. I had to get up as I’m dropping the GC’s breakfast bits to prepare my DD her special breakfast, could happily have had a lie in, always the way. Said DD and children doorstep dropped a card yesterday with beautiful flowers delivered later, along with my ‘Vera’ hat DS sent on Thursday, I’m happy.
Happy Birthday Lins. May your ‘oscopies’ soon be over and done with ladies. A special blanket for a special person Ash.
Enjoy our Mother’s Day all, whatever (probably not a lot) you’re doing.

cornergran Sun 14-Mar-21 08:41:34

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny and much less windy corner of Somerset.

Good luck today and tomorrow bellasnana, the before part is definitely the least pleasant of the whole process. My covid test was taken in a wet and windy car park with me safely in the car and the poor tester getting soaked. Felt so sorry for her.

There are cards waiting for me and flowers already here. Mr C will bring a small breakfast when he wakes up smile. Fish for me and steak for him later today. 30 years ago I sat with my Mum on Mothering Sunday as she was dying, it’s always a mixed day for me no matter the date.

A very happy birthday to lins. Your meal plans sound ideal. That blanket is lovely ashcombe, no risk of me producing anything like that. I’m sorry covid is active in your granddaughters school marydoll, we’re on a worry roller coaster for sure.

It seems Mr C is stirring so a cuppa will be on its way followed by breakfast.

Look after yourselves everyone, although. a mixed day for many I hope the day is kind to us all

Stilllearning Sun 14-Mar-21 08:44:10

Good morning from a sunny bit of S Lanarkshire, I’m going to your damp bit later baubles so get it organised please?!
Happy Mother’s Day everyone, what a beautiful gift Ashcombe, a real compliment I think.
Happy Birthday Lins1066, and I hope we all can find a ?somehow today.
I’m going to hand in a small gift to my neighbour who doesn’t have children but who has definitely ‘mothered’ me with kindness over the last year. Feeling thankful.

Lins1066 Sun 14-Mar-21 08:44:40

Thank you Urm xx

dustyangel Sun 14-Mar-21 08:53:54

Good Morning all, it’s bright and sunny. Happy Mother’s Day to all who are celebrating today. It’s not celebrated in Portugal until May but DDs are in England so I have cards that I must go and open before they phone. I’ll keep my cards in a safe place and celebrate again in May. Have a good day all.
Bellas and corner, thinking of you. flowers

dustyangel Sun 14-Mar-21 08:58:58

I meant to say, that is a lovely blanket Ashcombe. I always used to want a knitted blanket but now I think a crocheted one would be much lighter.

brook2704 Sun 14-Mar-21 08:59:38

Happy Birthday Lins Enjoy your special day! ?????

Gagagran Sun 14-Mar-21 09:00:34

Morning all from a sunny but still cool south coast.3.1c on my weather station at 6am. At least the winds have eased. I'm not keen on strong winds either sheep.

DH's first full day back home, yesterday, was not without incident but we knew that might be the case. He is up and showered now and we hope for each day to bring more improvement. My anxiety levels are now simmering rather full blast. After the last awful year we have had, suddenly today I feel as if I have aged 10 years.

I received a beautiful flower arrangement from DD yesterday - and a phone call from DS last night. He is not a hearts and flowers man but is good at checking in to see how his Dad is doing and always to see how I am coping. He is a real rock for me.

DD was very excited to tell me yesterday that she was volunteering at our local vaccination centre in the afternoon. She couldn't wait to be with real people again instead on online (she has been working from home for months). She was even more excited later, to report that she had been offered, and had the jab as there was some vaccine left over and she is in the 40s age range, so not due for hers officially for a while yet.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

harrigran Sun 14-Mar-21 09:05:10

Good morning from a very windy NE.
Beautiful bouquet arrived yesterday from DD in Belgium with a promise of a video call today.
DS says he is coming to visit and will bring food then it will be an essential journey. I have told him that he can not enter the house or go anywhere near his dad.
Hope your day is special in these difficult times.

GrannySomerset Sun 14-Mar-21 09:09:48

A beautiful morning for Mothering Sunday. I don’t usually see my AC on this day in normal times, so today is no different. I have flowers and will speak to them both, so am content.

Otherwise nothing much to say, so,I won’t waste space saying it. Hope all of you seeing mums, children and grandchildren have a lovely day.

Anniebach Sun 14-Mar-21 09:10:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Happy Mothering Sunday to all x

Susan56 Sun 14-Mar-21 09:12:20

Lovely to see you back Lins?
Happy birthday???enjoy your meal?

Greyduster Sun 14-Mar-21 09:12:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is trying hard to break through for Mothering Sunday in South Yorkshire and it seems a little less blowy. DD and her menfolk will no doubt be over at some point, but I hope that she herself is getting some pampering this morning - she certainly deserves it. Not much on the cards - I hope to get out into the garden as I have some seedlings and plants to pot on. Roast chicken for dinner.
Happy Birthday, Lins?; enjoy your day.
Alygran nice to hear you have your daughter sharing the weekend with you.
Lovely blanket Ash - like Sheep I wish I could crochet but I can’t get the hang of it!
Bella good luck for tomorrow - don’t envy you the prep, but you’ll be fine.
Have a lovely day folks!

hulahoop Sun 14-Mar-21 09:15:34

Happy mothers day to all .?to those estranged.
A quiet day here would normally go to one of Ac but hopefully won't be long for all of us .Everyone having tests tomorrow the prep is the worst isn't it.
My dil crocheted me a blanket a few years ago sent we lucky .Happy birthday Lins ??

Mapleleaf Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:04

Good morning from a bright, breezy and cool South Yorkshire.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mums out there ?.
My niece called round with some beautiful tulips yesterday along with some home made scones with jam and cream to have afternoon tea with my DH. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness and so wanted to give her a hug but ofcourse can't do that just yet, so had to make do with a few words at the door and an air kiss.

Bellasnana not too long to wait now and it will be all over and done with ?.

That looks a lovely warm blanket, Ashcombe. What a thoughtful gift.

Sending best wishes to all of you, and birthday greetings to all of you with a birthday today.

Take care.

Grammaretto Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:29

Happy Mothering Sunday from the Scottish Borders.It wasn't really warm enough but I sat outside to drink my tea and watch the nesting birds.
Happy Birthday to Linns cupcake wine
I am hoping for a gentle day today of quiet pottering.
Yesterday was momentous. DMiL was brought to see me for the first time since before our DHs died last year. It was her birthday so we drank champagne and ate cake.
Later DS & co arrived without warning and showered me with gifts. DGS is now almost as tall as his dad and his voice is breaking!. he still climbs trees and rushes around like a puppy

Aw, is that the last lamb Sheepandcattle? Is it a girl?
Hoping everyone has a nice day and no anxieties Bellasnana listen to your own advice.

hulahoop Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:31

Must remember to preview before I post should be arn,t we .

Gelisajams Sun 14-Mar-21 09:19:32

Happy Mothering Sunday everyone from a grey Morecambe Bay and Happy Birthday to Lins?
I received 2 cards a couple of days ago. One was from Moonpig and the other in a handwriting I didn’t recognise. I was trying to guess which of my 3 boys had sent them. I got it completely wrong! Mr reliable was the one who hasn’t sent, I suspect that could be to to do with his wife being unwell, and the Moonpig one was from DS2 who is usually oblivious to commercial promptings!
Zoom church shortly then we are off out. A trip to B and Q, to collect a dehumidifier for DS2. Excitement! I might get a wander round the garden bit if it’s open.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Taichinan Sun 14-Mar-21 09:20:46

Already lost a post this morning - not a good start!! Happy Mother's Day from a much greyer than forecast Angus coast where the fire bowl is waiting to be lit in preparation for a lunchtime sausage sizzle with DD and DGDs. Specially for you, Mattie we're warming up with cream of curried sweetcorn soup, and the sausages will be accompanied with a curried rice salad ? - all with a view to keeping warm. (We're toasting marshmallows afterwards). I just hope the novelty is enough to see us through!
Having wasted so much time already typing and losing a post, I must dash now. Wishing everybody the best day possible, with special love and thoughts for those who are not able to be with family today. ????