Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Mar-21 06:22:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light and another dry and bright start to the day here in Brackley .
Looking outside its full of the signs of spring , even the trees are showing budding.
Today , my penultimate day of wearing my ECG mentor.
A little bit of exercise with it on such as housework and do a small shop , before settling down and watching cycling on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Taichinan Mon 15-Mar-21 10:04:59

Good morning all from a cloudy/blue skies/intermittently sunny/breezy Angus coast. That about covers the weather I think!
Yesterday was such a lovely day I shall relive it for days to come! And the fire bowl was a great success. The least windy spot I could find for it was also the furthest from the house and how they all laughed when I trundled up with two large trays of food and accoutrements across the top of the wheelbarrow. (My take on Meals on Wheels perhaps). Both DSs were with us on WhatsApp so it really was a lovely family time. After the famine, the feast, as they say. The DGDs (15 and 17) took themselves off to another corner of the garden to do TikTok. I eventually found them in the ploughed (but not yet planted) field behind the house "because the uninterrupted backdrop of water and distant hills was better from there"! What's that saying about the grass on the other side of the fence .....?
Thinking of you today Bellasnanna and Marydoll and sending ? along with ? for bravery. And you for tomorrow Cornergran. Gagagran I hadn't realised just what a hard time you have had this past year - far more than your fair share. Love and admiration to you, and a wish for better times ahead. I'm glad you were able to talk to your DD about your worries ?
Now, that's the first two hours of my day gone already and I must attack the detritus from yesterday as I picture it all happening again. Wishing everyone the best day they can, and keep an eye out for the random ??????

CherryCezzy Mon 15-Mar-21 09:58:13

Good morning everyone from a decidedly grey and intermittently leaky Gower.

I've only just been able to get online so haven't had the chance to read everyone's news yet. I know you have your 'oscopy today Bellasnana and I wish you well with that and similarly for you tomorrow cornergran.
Good luck at the dentist Marydoll.
Many happy returns, Happy Birthday Still learning ?? ?

Good times for me today?, I'm amending my will ?. I'm not cutting someone out, I'm adding someone in ?
Really ought to get stuck into some housework I've been looking at all weekend ... I can't keep just looking forever can I? Missing "a neat, well organised basket of energy"! ? It's probably in the cupboard under the stairs, it could be anywhere in there ?. Oh well, things to do then.

Take care everyone, stay safe ❤️

grandMattie Mon 15-Mar-21 09:51:07

Here’s one I made earlier! ?

Grandmajean Mon 15-Mar-21 09:42:32

Good morning from Cheshire. Good luck Marydoll with the dentist. I have a friend who gave people tours of the Burrell Collection although she retired about ten years ago.
Wishing Pinchy all the best. I am a softie and would be tempted to keep him as a pet. Am sure that is not as simple as it sounds sheepandcattle
Visits yesterday from DS and DD with gifts. If I was smart enough I would add a photo ! Must learn how to do it.

annsixty Mon 15-Mar-21 09:36:35

Good morning all.
I have just finished a long message and it just disappeared to my chagrin.
Will just say good luck with the medical procedures today and tomorrow, oscopies and dental work.
I have a bed to strip, I had an early morning phone call and reaching for the phone I knocked over a full glass of water.
I moved to the other side of the bed but must now deal with it.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Beechnut Mon 15-Mar-21 09:22:56

Happy Birthday Stilllearning. Wishing you a good one ??

GrannyOwl5 Mon 15-Mar-21 09:16:18

Morning everyone from north Kent where it is sunshine and showers. DH’s visit to the allotment postponed so I have got him cleaning the kitchen...every cloud etc!

Lovely weekend seeing DD who arrived on Saturday with flowers, gardening book, card and a picnic lunch. We had a good two hours together which was wonderful.

Yesterday DS and family arrived for an outside visit with plants and chocs. Lovely to see the GDS; although they all live locally they are all busy with work and school so it was great to have time for a good chat with them all

A whisk round with the duster and wake the hoover from his slumbers before doing more exciting things. I have signed up for a free course on doing family research. Could use a few pointers, particularly on my father’s side as, being Welsh, many of the names are the same which makes things a bit tricky!

Hope all the medical procedures go well; I usually lie in the chair imagining I am lying on a Caribbean beach, enjoying the sun whilst listening to the waves. Or else wandering round Rome visiting all the great things there!

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe

Grandmabatty Mon 15-Mar-21 09:16:06

Happy birthday Stillearning and I hope all goes well at the dentist Marydoll

hulahoop Mon 15-Mar-21 09:15:49

Good morning from West/York's it's blue skies and sunshine at the moment.GAGA you are allowed to say when you are feeling down you have had a tough year .Hoping all oscopies have good results .I'm having a distanced walk with a friend this morning so better get a move on.

GrannySomerset Mon 15-Mar-21 09:10:56

Grey and still this morning, a relief after the last few days of wind and rain, although yesterday was lovely till lunch time. House is looking very floral, thanks to DD and DS, and enjoyed quite long chats with both.

Bed changing and laundry today but not a lot else on the cards. Perhaps something interesting will emerge as the day goes on, though probably not.

Gelisajams Mon 15-Mar-21 09:10:33

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is dry for once.
Thinking today particularly of Bellasnanna and Marydoll
A beautiful bunch of flowers arrived yesterday from My son who hadn’t sent a card. I shall pass them on today to all who are struggling at the moment.
A very happy birthday stilllearning
DS1 is going to call round today and we shall go for a walk with him. It’s 3 weeks since our jabs, so later today we are going to venture into a supermarket to choose our own fruit and veg. The deliveries have been good but there’s something special about choosing your own!
Take care everyone and stay safe ???

aggie Mon 15-Mar-21 09:08:23

Good Morning all, it was lovely and sunny an hour ago when I sat down to catch up on the forum. , but the clouds are rolling in !
I am having a wee drive this morning , DD has an appointment at the Optician and I am going for company , I can sit in the car and people watch , DD is my bubble
I am hopeless at remembering to comment on posts , but I will be remembering people with “oscopys” and the dreaded dentist xxx
I can just about count forward , never mind in foreign lingo and backwards ! I was in hospital with Scarlet Fever when the rest of the class were learning their Tables , I never caught up past 5 times and developed odd strategies to compensate but I think I’m past all that now !

Anniebach Mon 15-Mar-21 09:05:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Mon 15-Mar-21 09:03:42

Happy birthday Stillearning. Have a lovely day??.

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 09:03:04

Don’t ever despair, gaga - were here to unload to, but just take it one day at a time. No point in worrying about ‘whatifery’ just face any problem if it happens. You’ve had so much to cope with but you’ve both come so far. As you say, you’re due for your 2nd vaccines....we couldn’t have dreamt of such promises of salvation this time last year. Hope that your wobbly moments swiftly pass, and big girl pants are pulled up alongside sagging faces. You’ll get there.???

Susan56 Mon 15-Mar-21 09:00:51

Happy birthday stilllearning???

dragonfly46 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:59:06

Happy Birthday stillearning

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 08:53:53

Happy happy Birthday, ??? stilllearning. Two birthdays in purdah?! Well, it’s getting silly now so whatever happens, you’ve done your time....the next one must be truly special. You owe yourself a nice plan. In the meantime, keep going, step up and take your medal for coping and holding on to your good humour and resilience! Wishing you a happy day and better ones to come. X

Gagagran Mon 15-Mar-21 08:49:05

Morning all from a sunny south coast. 6.9c on my weather station when I got up at 6.15am.

DD walked over to sit in the garden yesterday afternoon and brought me a card to go with the flowers she had already sent. It was so good to see her properly and hear about her afternoon volunteering at the vaccination clinic on Saturday. She really enjoyed it and is doing it again next Saturday. She said a lot of people were there getting their second jabs so it should not be too long now before we do too. It's 8 weeks tomorrow since our first. She was pleased to see her Dad briefly and I was able to share my concerns about him, with her.

He is marking time on progress, I have to say, and still has a long way to go before he is anything like normal. If he ever gets there again. I am in a constant state of concern about him. This past year has been so hard both for us with my covid in May followed by his emergency surgery and 5 weeks in hospital and now this slow recovery from op. 2. And he still has op. 3 to face in due course. All underpinned with the pandemic going on all round us all. My brave face has sagged quite a lot.

Hey ho, there are many others in a worse position and I am just having a bit of self-pity. Sorry about that. It helps to be able to say "No, actually I'm not alright" and I do that on GN.

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 08:46:47

Good Morning everyone.S of France calling......where it’s another blue and sunny day. My laundry will be dry in a trice in the wind, so wondering if I should wash the chair covers. Such important and exciting plans....

Still a better day for those of us not undergoing or planning Oscopies. Focus on Flamingoes and for you, Bella, a time later today when you’ll smile as the anxiety is over with.
You all have the Power of Grans with you, so don’t worry.

I have the most beautiful Jasmine to plant today....a yesterday’s gift of “something permanent” from my DS. ?

Nice to successfully rehome some of your little charges, sheep. Do allow yourself a proper rest between midwifery and horticulture. Maybe just an afternoon doing something just for you?

After a gruelling visit to the dentist, Mary, at least you’ll have a dazzling smile again....even if sometimes it’s hard to locate it.

I’m off to bake a chocolate Orange cake, in anticipation of spending some sun in the garden time this afternoon.

Be good, take care, stay safe and a Flypast of Flamingoes to you all, today. ??????????

Hugs x ?‍♀️?

Stilllearning Mon 15-Mar-21 08:38:07

Morning all from a bright sunny but frosty S Lanarkshire, I’ll look forward to a walk later. Today is my second lockdown birthday, thank goodness I didn’t know that a year ago. Like many others, I went into ‘purdah’ about a week or so before it was formally required.
A lovely day yesterday and a quiet one ahead with some cards etc to open and no doubt phone calls. I am truly thankful to be here to celebrate the day, so very many are not.
Thinking of Bellasnana, cornergran and everyone else with worries today xx

Greyduster Mon 15-Mar-21 08:37:23

Good morning Michael and all GNs. It’s dry in South Yorkshire and a tad warmer - that’s about all the enthusiasm I can summon up for the weather this morning. Yesterday’s Mother’s Day was an embarrassment of riches - flowers arrived from DS and DiL and then DD and her menfolk turned up with more flowers, a home made afternoon tea with cakes, scones and smoked salmon sandwiches, and a beautiful bone china cake stand which I shall look forward to using. I could get used to afternoon tea! A trip to the butchers later for us and a walk in the park.
Hope you get on okay today Bellasnana and all is well.
Sheep I hope your orphans have a happy life breeding new generations eventually. You’ll be glad to slow down now, if it’s only a little!
Nice to hear you’re settling in, Pitt. I’ve no doubt you’ll move the furniture at least once more before you’re happy - it took me ages! DH was tearing his hair out!
Ah, the sun has come out! Bonus! Have a good day, everyone.

Lins1066 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:33:50

Good morning Mick and all from a damp S Welsh coast, though it is supposed to dry up.
Domestic chores needed today, ironing, laundry and two butternut squashes to turn into soup. Thank you everyone who sent their good wishes yesterday.
My thoughts are with all those with troubles and various procedures today.
Marydoll I recite the times tables and poetry, some things you never forget.
Take care everyone and have a good day.

Susan56 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:31:09

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry, bright start today?

We had a good day visiting my mum yesterday.It can be tricky but she was in good spirits and delighted with her bag of treats from M and S.She looked really well and the house and garden were looking lovely.She has a cleaner and gardener and they have done a brilliant job keeping on top of things while we haven’t been able to visit.

Hope your appointments go well today Bellasnanna and Mary and good luck with the prep Corner???

Have a good day all and thinking of all with sadness, worries and family members who are unwell.

brook2704 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:30:57

Hope all goes well at the dentist marydoll and that it’s not too uncomfortable for you ?