Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Mar-21 06:08:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , but remains grey and wet outside .
Today , my final full day of wearing my ECG monitor , and a day in with maybe some physical exercise like housework to test the monitor and myself.
Later watch the final stage of cycle race in Italy on the Adriatic coast , and see if the Brits riding improve there positions in the time trial .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:08:01

Good morning everyone from a rainy Manchester. The contractors are already here. I’ve been asked by my daughter to make the SOAP dish (again) for their tea and we will go over in the car to drop it off as I have a birthday card and present to drop off for my friend whom I haven’t seen for a year! A quick doorstep hello in the rain will have to suffice for now.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Good luck today cornergran and glad to hear you are reassured Bellasnana. No news of Iris grandMattie so I’m assuming all is well and she’s settled into class happily. Your cake made me laugh Scentia but bet it tasted lovely just close your eyes before you take a bite. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Susan56 Tue 16-Mar-21 08:10:18

Good morning from Staffordshire.

It was light when we left the house this morning which made the journey better.B is tired already,he isn’t allowed a daytime nap so could be a long day.Hopefully a walk and play in the garden will liven him up!

Sorry that you had such an uncomfortable time yesterday Bellasnanna.Rest and recuperate today?Hope your procedure goes well corner?

Thinking of all our absent friends and all with illness, sadness and worries?

NannyJan53 Tue 16-Mar-21 08:15:21

Good morning from a cloudy and drizzly Black Country.

Had a brilliant day yesterday. Went to Mums, and my DS came over and we had a walk together on the Staffordshire Railway walk. He starts a new job in Wolverhampton next Monday, and he had come over to the offices to collect laptop etc. I haven't seen him in the flesh since July last year! His girls are 17 and 12 this July and this I find hard to imagine! They were babies only a couple of years ago surely? We are planning a large family get together when we can later this year.

So sorry your procedure didn't all go to plan bellas I hope you have a relaxing day today.

NanKate your trip to the Dentist reminds me I must ring mine, as I last had a check up over a year ago.

What a very good friend friend you are amserlin so lovely you acted on your instincts and drove over flowers

No real plans today, hoping to go for a walk later, that is as exciting as it will get.

Wishing you all a good day, with hugs to all who are undergoing difficult times.

grandMattie Tue 16-Mar-21 08:15:38

Urms, we saw Iris on Skype on Sunday. She is happy at school. Unfortunately, she gets occasional very painful muscle spasms for which she won’t take the medication. Difficult, but apart from that, all is well on that front.
Oh, and the hydrotherapy pool reopens this week - it was leaking - and she’s going back on Thursdays. She loves that and it does her good. Her sister said that Iris tells her teacher “I can’t do maths/spelling/whatever this afternoon. I’m off swimming!” ?

grandmajet Tue 16-Mar-21 08:15:56

Please, Urmstongran, what is the famous SOAP dish?

Urmstongran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:20:35

P.s. meant to say, what an awful shock for you amselerin it’s a good job you and your friend had a ‘buddy’ phone call system in place. Poor lady lying on that floor for hours, bless. My elderly friend and neighbour in Spain is 85y and lives alone. She always keeps her mobile in her pocket ‘just in case’.

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 08:21:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Tue 16-Mar-21 08:24:45

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders. Sunny but still damp. As Kalu says, we can look forward to a pleasant day.
I tackled my garden yesterday and dug up 4 large turnips and there was enough kale for my tea.. No wonder this time of year is known as the hungry gap.

I accidentally put a load of washing on the hot cycle yesterday. I don't even know how I'm losing the plot so even the door of the machine was burning. Luckily nothing was precious and the yellow towel is quite a pleasing shade of green.

I am so glad you found your friend amselerin Your story reminds me of when my DM fell and broke her hip in her flat. Her neck alarm was on the mantlepiece and it was a neighbour who found her and called the ambulance. She never completely recovered.
Oh Bellasnana your experience sounds dreadful. I hope you are resting now. cornergran flowers for today.
I am glad your Dentist was quick and efficient Marydoll

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the sunshine and the cake scentia
I have already eaten half a box of Mother's Day chocolates.

Greyduster Tue 16-Mar-21 08:26:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun was out in South Yorkshire earlier but now it has changed its mind! I need to get some plants repotted today so I hope it stays dry.
Amselerin your friend was lucky you’re so diligent - I hope she is recovering.
Bellasnana sorry your procedure didn’t go quite to plan. No anaesthetists available? Blimey! Hope you’re okay today.
Fingers crossed for Corner today for her procedure.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Gagagran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:26:29

Morning all from a cloudy, cool south coast 5.6c on my weather station and no sign of the sun so far.

DS is 50 today and I have very vivid memories of what I was doing right now, 50 years ago! He has brought us so much joy and love. We have been blessed.

DH continues his slow convalescent journey but said yesterday that he feels a bit stronger. Hopefully that continues but I am prepared for one step forward then two back. His normal good fitness levels will help his recovery. Not sure about mine!

Hoping that we all have a good day. sunshine

harrigran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:26:30

Good morning from a mild but rainy NE.
Yesterday was an uncomfortable day for DH with two trips to hospital, injections and bone scans. He spent the rest of the day lying down and I spent the night in the spare room because I was expecting a disturbed night.
Your day did not sound pleasant Bellasnana, be kind to yourself today.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:26:31

My acronym stands for ‘Sage Onion Apple & Pork’. Easy peasy, which is why I like it and don’t mind putting one together each week for my daughter who works full time. I will p.m. you.

Lovely news of Iris grandMattie. It always amazes me how resilient these little people are.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Mar-21 08:27:43

Morning Mick and all

I am on Granny duties today, hopefully when the terror has his morning nap I will be able to read this thread and catch up.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Nannytopsy Tue 16-Mar-21 08:27:59

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Nearly there Mick !
Suffolk is damp this morning and we expect the same all day - it will gently water in all the planting I did yesterday. Apart from plants for the shade border, which is yet to be built, I have planted most of the plants we brought with us. There are new seedlings in the greenhouse in preparation for the last flowerbeds.
We shall do housework today - deep joy! I need to clean the windows inside before the window cleaner comes and shows them up ?.
What a shock for you Amslerin - I hope your friend makes a good recovery.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gingster Tue 16-Mar-21 08:28:59

Good morning all from a damp dreary Essex.

I have my SIL’s funeral today on Zoom. Very sad not to be there in person but we will be there in spirit. She will have a woodland service in the summer where her ashes will go. ??☘️?.

Bellasnnna what a horrid experience for you. Take it easy today.

Amselerin what a good job you went round there. You hear this happening so often. The emergency call out service is a life saver. Necklace or bracelet with a button on to press.

Will take little pooch out soon. Yesterday we got caught in a hail storm so I’ll try to pick a better window of opportunity today,

I spoke to two of cousins yesterday . I haven’t seen them for years but we keep in touch and reminisce about family gatherings. They are both a lot older than me . I’m the baby of the family so I expect I will start to lose loved ones . My two DB’s are a lot older than me too. Oh dear I’m getting maudlin! ?. It must be the thought of the funeral today. ?

Wishing you all a good day. ?

Alygran Tue 16-Mar-21 08:29:03

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining.
Had a lovely day yesterday with DD2. We went to the arboretum then did some outside jobs. She washed the cars, then helped in the garden. It’s so good to have some company but all good things come to an end and she is off home at lunchtime. As she has asthma she has her jab late this afternoon.
Scrambled egg and bacon on toasted muffins for brunch before she leaves. This is a favourite at Betty’s but as they are closed it is a DIY version.
Sorry to hear your oscopy didn’t go to plan Bellasnanna. Thinking of you corner and all with medical stuff going on today.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Marydoll Tue 16-Mar-21 08:37:56

Good morning all from a sunny, but damp Glasgow. DH plans to make use of the good weather and spray our perimeter fencing, and everything else in the near vicinity. Once you have finished your own tasks Kalu, you could please pop down with your sprayer and help speed things up! I'm sure you will be a much tidier worker! ?

amselerin, how upsetting for you and what a traumatic experience for your dear friend. She is a very fortunate lady to have you as your friend. I hope she starts to make some improvement soon.
Bella, I'm sorry to hear how unpleasant your experience was. A similar thing happened to my friend and she ended up having to have CT scans. Take it easy today.

I got some disturbing news yesterday. Dollie, who has been shielding all year, like her old gran, and just been giving permission to return to school, has had to self isolate for ten days with her whole class, as two children have contracted Covid. The parent of one, sent the child to school with a cough!?
They have only been back at school for a short time, but now all the primary schools in our wee town have Covid cases. It's quite alarming, when we have all been praying for an easing of restrictions. Fortunately a Covid asymptomatic testing centre, run by the army has been set up, so hopefully people will make use of it.

I will gloss over yesterday's lonnnnnnngggg dental appointment, apart from mentioning that I should have brought a large bib.
Water was running down my neck, back and ample cleavage! Include an itchy nose in the mix and forgetting all my foreign numbers, added to the trauma! ?
My dentist was wonderful, but I hope I don't have to face anything like that again for a while! I had to lie down when I got home, even although dental visits don't usually phase me.☹
Despite having had all that all that work done, my dentist advised me that it had been a really tricky procedure and he wasn't sure if it would stand the test of time. ?‍♀️
I did also manage to get an appointment for DH, despite the fact that dentists here are still only doing emergency work. I produced his appointment card as a thank you for coming with me and looking after me. ? He was delighted... not!

My next problem is to get new glasses, as RA is also affecting my eyes, but I have been told that I must wait until I have my second vaccine, before I can do so.
My DIL, has given up her job, so I will need to pay full price now. Ouch!! No more designer frames for me ! Previously, I got 40% off! ?

Hoping your procedure goes well today, Gaga. and glad to hear you are settling in Pittcity
Georgesgran, you have been in my thoughts and Baubles, a difficult day for you yesterday.?

Taichnan I keep meaning to offer you a tip, to prevent you losing your posts and having to start again.
Every so often, I click on what I have written, choose, select all and copy. Then if you lose your post, you can use the paste function and you will get most of it back.

Wishing all those finding life so hard just now, a bearable day.

GrannySomerset Tue 16-Mar-21 08:38:24

Up early for me because we are expecting the return of our sitting room furniture (three button back armchairs and an ottoman) from the upholsterer. Quite excited to see how it looks, particularly the 90 year old ottoman which is having its first ever attention, its increasing decrepitude having been hidden by a loose cover.

Otherwise we shall enjoy the attention of our wonderful cleaner and maybe tackle the ironing pile this afternoon. Can’t cope with too much excitement.

Hope all our less well posters are feeling a little better, that Cornergran survives the today’s medical procedure and that today is good enough.

BlueSapphire Tue 16-Mar-21 08:44:20

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, but hoping for sunshine later. Too damp underfoot though to be out in the garden.

Another day of not much ahead; some washing to do and a tidy up. Must make a start on my book for book club. Then look for some buttons for the cardigan I have almost finished. I ordered some more wool yesterday as I found a nice summery jumper to make. And one knitting site has some lovely wool on special offer!

Will go back and read all the posts now. Reading Mick's post about his heart monitor has reminded me that my recent heart scan showed nothing abnormal, so one less thing to worry about.

Hope today has a bit of sunshine for everyone.

Stilllearning Tue 16-Mar-21 08:45:24

Morning from S Lanarkshire, lovely and bright and a good day forecast. Many thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday, I was very touched.
I didn’t have the quiet day I had anticipated and one of the nicest moments came when my farming daughter and my eldest granddaughters arrived for an unexpected after school doorstep visit and my Oban family simultaneously FaceTimed. When I answered they started to sing Happy Birthday so I quickly swung the screen round so they could see their cousins and they all sang together which was a very happy moment for us all.
So sorry to hear about your difficulties yesterday Bellasnana, and glad they are finding another way of completing the examination so you can be reassured.
Thank goodness for a good friend amselerin, you must be so glad you were persistent.
Zoom book club this morning so a top half tidy up required and a ‘walking coffee’ with a friend this afternoon which I am very much looking forward to.
Wishing everyone the best day possible ?

Taichinan Tue 16-Mar-21 09:09:49

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Last day of the monitor ,Mick - when will you get the results?
Poor you Bella. What a horrid experience, and I think very unkind of them to go ahead without the anaesthetist. Sleep and rest as much as you can today.
Grandmafrench you did make me laugh yesterday! I think I was in my 40s when I started incorporating blond streaks in my hair, and over the years they took over. Now I'm as blond as blond - some would call it white!! And I used to be 5ft5, but I'll never see those giddy heights again ?. I had a delivery yesterday of a lovely bottle of gin (gift from DS1) courtesy of The Big River company and when I asked if he needed 'proof of age' he laughed and said "No. You're alright.". Now I know I'm old!!
I used to love re-arranging furniture Pittcity so your report of settling in to your new house got my re-arranging juices flowing and I wasted spent a happy couple of hours re-configuring my garden room. Nothing like it to give you a lift! I hope you're enjoying your new home.
Good luck with your oscopies today Cornergran and I wish all on the sick list a better and more comfortable day. May the sun shine, the spring flowers bloom, the butterflies flutter by and the flamingos pay random visits to you all. ????

Taichinan Tue 16-Mar-21 09:11:54

Shock horror! I forgot to tell you that it's a typical Spring day on the Angus coast today - a bit of everything except snow really.

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Mar-21 09:47:16

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Hants.
Bellasnana horrid experience, take care today, Mick last day of the little box, good.
I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone yesterday sorting out the two replacement glass sheets for the greenhouse. When you hear ‘17th in the queue’ your heart sinks. DH had a text from the surgery, jab on Friday.
cornergran all be over in a few hours, then a deserved rest. I started typing this over an hour ago, long phone call then interrupted
So, have a peaceful day all with some ?.

EllanVannin Tue 16-Mar-21 09:58:48

Good Morning All x.
Dull and damp after such a nice day yesterday, though forecast did say sun for later. We'll see.

After having finished my post yesterday I was going to break eggs with a big stick and get stuck into something. That though quickly came to a halt when there was a knock on the door and standing there was my GD.

GD had been to the surgery nearby here for blood tests to see if there was anything going on with her thyroid and decided to come and see me. It was good to see her because she's had the toughest of times after losing her partner a year ago----father of all the children.

No hugging and a through draft from the open living room window and back kitchen so I wasn't unduly worried and she'd had her temp. taken on entering the surgery.
She was with me for most of the day then and the time flew by. We had lunch and we finished off the last of the orange drizzle cake so I'll have to make another in case she calls again.

Poor you Bellsnanna just having half a test, so brave though after that poking about. Anyway hope all is well after the final stage.
So many with appointments and procedures etc., I can't keep up but I hope things turn out well. x

Mick you'll feel easier once that monitor is removed then they can see what's been going on and treat you for it.
Glad you survived the dentist Marydoll. Some difficult times for a lot of you grans flowers

I must bear in mind Urmston's SOAP dish for a dinner some time as I have some beautiful belly pork in the freezer.
Rest of the Spring cabbage, bacon and mashed potatoes for me today, pouring the bacon fat over the spuds----most unhealthy but see if I care grin

Must order a prescription after I've done this or I'll forget.

Take care everyone and stay safe. xx. Thoughts to our absent friends too.

hollysteers Tue 16-Mar-21 10:01:33

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast.
No sitting out in the sun today! Yesterday was lovely and I had a nice shot of vitamin D. So no excuses for avoiding domestic chores and decluttering must continue. I am trying to organise my drawing/painting stuff which has crept all over the dining room table.
Long chat in the sun with old friend whose wife is in hospital with mental issues, the lockdown set it off. Let’s face it, even if feeling stable, this year long situation adversely affects us.
Thinking of Bella, Cherry, Marydoll, those bereaved and anyone with worries.