Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Mar-21 06:08:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , but remains grey and wet outside .
Today , my final full day of wearing my ECG monitor , and a day in with maybe some physical exercise like housework to test the monitor and myself.
Later watch the final stage of cycle race in Italy on the Adriatic coast , and see if the Brits riding improve there positions in the time trial .
Take Care,
Mick

hulahoop Tue 16-Mar-21 10:04:21

amselerin hope your friend is improving .
Marydoll hope I am as brave as you I have dentist this afternoon for a filling ?.It's raining here at the moment not like yesterday ,it was like a warm spring day .
One of my grandchildren is off school after only being back a week due to someone in her class testing positive for covid it's never ending I feel for children it's very confusing for them .have a good day all .

Auntieflo Tue 16-Mar-21 10:04:40

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Well done Mick, for coping with your heart monitor, it will soon be taken off.

Amselerin, what a good friend you are, and I do hope that your friend gets the help she needs.

Marydoll, glad you survived the dental ordeal, and hope your pocket hasn't suffered too badly. As to the new specs, you'll enjoy choosing the frames, and to h*ll with the cost. Shrouds and pockets ?
Sorry to hear about your painful oscopy Bellasnana. That happened to DH a while ago, but he is OK now.
We are having a chip sorted out on the car this afternoon.
On Friday we are having the kitchen ceiling painted after the bathroom leak. I am sure something else is happening that day, but I can't remember what! Will have to ask DH and see if he knows.
BlueSapphire, you have been really busy with your knitting. I bought some pretty soft grey wool at the weekend, but decided that I had too many grey jumpers, so took it back. Now I want to find something else to knit.
Best wishes to Cornergran today, and also nice to hear that MrGagagran is making progress.
Have a good day one and all.

LauraNorder Tue 16-Mar-21 10:10:29

Good morning Mick and all from dry and bright Anglesey.
Builders outside with their radio blaring, don’t care as long as the work is finished this week and I can see through the windows finally.
Wishing everyone a flamboyance of random pink flamingos ? ??

GrannyOwl5 Tue 16-Mar-21 10:18:29

Morning everyone from a grey and damp north Kent. An indoor morning coming up.

Sorry your procedure didn’t go too well Bellasnana; how very uncomfortable for you. When I have mine done they give you that old friend gas and air. I am ashamed to admit that there is an unseemly tussle as they have to prize it out of my vice-like grip otherwise I would be taking it home with me!

Hope your procedure goes ok cornergran; soon be having a cuppa and a biccy.

How lucky your friend is to have you, Amselerin; hope she makes a good recovery.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday. Stay safe

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Mar-21 10:19:30

Morning all.
It's a fairly damp, chilly, greyish morning, but the sun does keep trying to break through and we are promised more sunshine for this afternoon here in South Yorkshire according to the forecast.

So sorry that you couldnt have any anaesthetic for your procedures yesterday, Bellasnana - that must have been dreadful. Have a lazy, do nothing much day today. ?

Thank goodness you were able to get the hold of the flats manager, Amselerin to open the door of your friends flat. You are a very good friend to have, and I hope that your friend is recovering well in hospital. Perhaps she will let you have a key, if that's possible, as a future precaution.

Those 5 days of wearing a heart monitor have soon passed, mick. Let's hope it proves useful for you and your doctors.

Well, not a lot planned today apart from do the small pile of ironing that is looking at me as I type and also a quick dust and vacuum round. Where does all the dust come from ??.

Take care everyone.

Blossoming Tue 16-Mar-21 10:29:59

Good morning all from a grey drizzly Lancashire. I am struggling with vision today so have only skimmed through. Sorry you had such an awful time yesterday Bellasnanna, I had a similar experience a few years ago, but they were able to give me gas and air to allow them to complete the procedure. Rest today, and maybe tomorrow also. I’m due another one but it is delayed due to Covid. This time I will ask for an anaesthetic.

CherryCezzy Tue 16-Mar-21 11:06:05

Good morning all from a grey, occasionally drizzly Gower, are you hogging all the sun today Lins ?

I didn't quite finish all the housework yesterday so it's offering itself to be tackled today. Thank goodness my daily group quiz keeps me going ?. I may ?, if I'm a good girl and finish the housework, get on with some of my non artistic artwork later ?.

Sorry to hear that you went through such an ordeal with the oscopy yesterday Bellasnana. How on earth can they expect someone to go through that without anaesthetic? I hope the CT scan is helpful and that the result is good news for you. Rest easy today. I hope your oscopy goes well today cornergran.
Marydoll, your dental experience sounds trialing, hope the work you had done holds up better than the dentist has suggested.

I hope the funeral service for your SIL is a fitting send off, under current circumstances, Gingster ?

Happy birthday to your DS Gagagran.

Thank you for thinking of me hollysteers, I had a reasonable night ?

Keep your chins up everyone, Spring is slowly springing and cove statistics are going n the right direction. Be kind to yourselves and find a ? along the way today ❤️

Grandmajean Tue 16-Mar-21 11:18:17

Good morning ( just ) from Cheshire. Have made choc chip cookies this morning. Supposed to be a copy of Millie's cookies so chewy rather than crunchy. Will take a few to DS for DGC.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Mar-21 11:23:29

amselerin how fortunate your friend is to have you, it must have been terrifying for her.

bellasnana sorry to hear your oscopies were so traumatic.

Marydoll you are brave, I have sedation even for a filling as my dental phobia brings on severe asthma attacks. I just about manage routine check ups and the hygienist who uses manual tools no drill / electrical instruments.

Urms please can you let me have your SOAP secret.

muse Tue 16-Mar-21 11:23:35

Good morning from sunny Cornwall. Almost had breakfast outside today. A few degrees more and I will do.

Off for walk in 10 mins . Then wash the car at the Jet Wash - need to squirt plenty under and up. Very muddy! Then back home to declutter, hoover and clean the inside. Don't know who creates the most mess, me or Mya. Tomorrow is MOT day + service. I'll be a nervous wreck as I'm expecting the worst result for my little 12 year old Jimny. Kind man at the garage is running me home (15 min drive) because MrM's car is out of action. Out of action is putting it mildly. I think it's grown roots since he stripped it down for it's MOT 2 years ago. Yes, you read correctly. Two years and 4 months to be exact. "There's a rattle near the exhaust system", he said at the time. hmm

Sorry to read those who are having a tough time at the moment. Hope things improve.
Pleased that there are lots of good things happening out there. May it continue.

Boots are by the door - bye.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 16-Mar-21 11:23:50

Good morning from a springlike north of Scotland. Washing dried outside yesterday for the first time in ages.
I am sorting out boxes stored in the shed and seem to be making more mess than actually tidying up but hopefully I will put back less than I have taken out.
amselerin. what a shock for you but what a good thing you followed your instincts and drove to your friend. I do hope that you and she get some reassuring news today.
marydoll. At least the dental visit is behind you and hopefully the work will be effective.
I started this two hours ago and have had constant interruptions and deliveries. I’ve almost forgotten how to speak when folk come to the door.
I’m going to have lunch with “Daniel” today. I didn’t know he was back. A guilty pleasure.
Have the best day you can everyone. Rest where appropriate.

EkwaNimitee Tue 16-Mar-21 11:32:20

Good morning, Mick and everyone..The Cumbrian coast is gloriously sunny today. My mood isn't...I had a call from the hospital yesterday to make an appointment for my colonoscopy . It will be on Friday. I detest all medical testing as, basically, I am a coward with a low pain threshold . I won't be able to have any sedative as I'm on my own here. After reading of Bellasnana 's experience, (and I hope you are feeling OK now) I shall be using a taxi rather than driving myself in case I feel off afterwards. Looking forward to Saturday!
I might go out for a stroll after lunch as it's a shame not to take advantage of the sun which is getting to feel really warm now.
Plus more reading of the very long trilogy I've started. I'm not gripped so far.
The best day possible to you all.

Litterpicker Tue 16-Mar-21 12:11:48

It started bright and sunny here in West Sussex but gone grey now. We are having bulk bags of soil and compost delivered tomorrow - one for the garden and one at the allotment. Moving that will warm me up grin. The top soil for the garden has all to come through the house ?.

Marydoll sorry to hear Dollie has Covid in her class so soon after returning to school - such a worry for you and her parents.

Grandmattie it’s good to hear Iris will have her hydrotherapy again.

hulahoop this generation of children will either have all sorts of emotional problems or turn out amazingly resilient with all the changes and unpredictability they’ve had in their schooldays. I am hoping for the latter for most of them but I’m sure some will have difficulties ahead.

My DD in Scotland had a fright yesterday when she got a text at work at 9.15, from school saying GS wasn’t there. It was his first day back and they had gone over all the arrangements very carefully the night before and made sure he was there at 8.15 for his 3 hours a week that he has been allocated. It turned out the school had changed the classes (of 10 pupils) at the last minute and an email had been sent that morning. He was there but in the wrong class. DD much relieved but also rather cross with the school.

No-one has listened to my plea - Scentia your coffee cake looks yummy in spite of being a little flat and Grandmajean, I can’t resist chewy cookies blush.

Lovely to hear your GD visited, Ellanvannin

LauraNorder I picture that blue plastic across your window and wonder how you’ve coped with it for so long. Hope it’s off this week at last.

Gingster hope the funeral goes well and is a fitting tribute to your SIL.

Hope I’ve made my comments to the correct posters - I had to make notes as I read!

Thinking of harrigran and Gagagran DHs and all with ongoing health problems. flowers.

Taichinan Tue 16-Mar-21 12:12:48

I'm intrigued feelingmyage. Lunch with "Daniel"? I'd have that down to an 'English thing' but you're even further north in Scotland than I am!

Nannagarra Tue 16-Mar-21 12:22:38

Good afternoon from the Sefton coast where the sun is shining.
I’m so sorry to read of your traumatic experience, Bella, and hope you have a calm, comfortable day today. You and Marydoll were so courageous yesterday.
Amseleren - how lucky your friend is to have you. May she speedily recover.
Good luck today, corner.
Thinking of all those in sick bay. Sending ???to all of you.

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Mar-21 12:32:45

Taichinan I know what feelingmyage means, I think, Doctors?

Grandmajean Tue 16-Mar-21 12:49:19

The cookies are delicious Litterpicker and I got loads ! Got the recipe online from BBC Good Food - Millie's Cookies recipe. I added extra chocolate. Well worth a go.

Marydoll Tue 16-Mar-21 12:57:31

I too look forward to my Daniel fix!
However, I have a new crush, which I'm keeping to myself! wink

Marydoll Tue 16-Mar-21 13:08:53

Those lovely posters who have called me brave, I'm not at all. Believe it or not, I was dental phobic after a horrible experience as a child.
However, after so many episodes, I have had no choice, but to deal with it. I have a lovely dentist, which helps. Unfortunately, sedation isnt an option for me.

If I could bite my tongue, I would. My mouth is still painful. DH has managed to cover everything in red cedar fence paint. I could weep! ?
I was desperate for a chocolate fix, so I squashed a mini Milky Way! ?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 16-Mar-21 21:36:13

Indeed “Doctors”. Just about to watch now. It has been a hectic day.
Sleep well everyone.