Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming and supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:57:16

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

Welcome. Take a seat and enjoy our opening day celebration.

soop Wed 21-Apr-21 10:35:27

Panache Your disgraceful treatment needs to be reported forthwith. angry angry angry

soop Wed 21-Apr-21 10:50:05

Having read Panache's post on the Lockdown Gang, I'm unable to find the right words to express my disgust and dismay regarding her husband's treatment. Do any of our Kitcheners know how to organise or lodge an official complaint? I feel that we must all try to help to highlight the dire position these two lovely people find themselves.

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Apr-21 10:51:30

Calling in with some fresh flowers. Not in a vase this time as they are late to bloom compared to most daffodils/ narcissi and they are pot grown in my garden. They are called “Sir Winston Churchill”.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day.
Many Happy Returns of the Day to our grieving Queen Elizabeth.
A bitter sweet day for her.

annodomini Wed 21-Apr-21 10:53:08

N&G, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD's MiL (oh these acronyms!). My DiL's family had to go through a similarly sad time four years ago when she lost her mum to bowel cancer. She was such a lovely person with whom I had a great rapport.
I had a haircut yesterday (grin). She blow-dried it and smoothed out the fluffy curls which are now making a come-back after a night's sleep. It looks like a good cut,but time will tell.
Grandmabatty, you have such a lovely relationship with your wee grandson. He will remember more than you expect when he is older. My DGD, now almost 30, remembers incidents from her childhood that I've long forgotten. Sometimes I think she invents them!
The pollen count is medium/high at the moment, with birch pollen in the lead. The wind today is blowing it straight onto my house from a huge birch tree just a stone's throw from the end of the garden. Oh joy!
I read Panache's latest, when I gatecrashed on the other thread. It's just outrageous that they are being left to face this tragic time without support. Do we know if they have contact with Marie Curie nurses?
Have a good day, everyone.

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Apr-21 11:07:23

Attention is needed immediately for MrP.
Panache will be worn out.
In my area of West Midlands there is an Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA) to go to if you are unhappy with the NHS.
Their advice is free and confidential.
Is there something similar where Panache lives?

Susan56 Wed 21-Apr-21 11:29:28

Panache, I am so sorry for what you and your dear husband are having to endure alone and with no help from the very people who should be helping.I am sorry for you but furious with the people who are neglecting you.
I wish there was something we could do to help you and make life easier and more comfortable for you both.Please know you are both in our thoughts and prayers.x

Grandmabatty Wed 21-Apr-21 13:39:08

Thank you Annodomini. My dd and ds still have fond memories of my parents looking after them when they were younger. I hope dgs is the same. I, too, am really angry at the way Panache and her husband are being treated. I hope she can call Macmillan nurses or Marie Curie nurses for help and support.
I've had a pleasant morning. Mum was in good spirits and has had her second jag. I asked her if she had watched the funeral and remarked on the lone Piper and how poignant the music was. She retorted that she was too busy looking at his legs! That gave me a laugh. My usual WhatsApp video chat this afternoon has been cancelled so I will do some weeding of beds and watering of pots. Have a good day all.

Panache Wed 21-Apr-21 14:54:39

Dear Soop and friends,thank you so very much for all your valued caring,

Without going into the entire nittygritty, let me put your minds at rest.

Taking the "Bull by the horns" so to speak,last evening I contacted the Cancer Ward Doctors that treated him well previously,telling them about the miserable way we are being treated.
Today A senior member has already visited my dear man whom is in Hospital having his Blood Transfusion,plans are afoot for further tests,plus the Doctor has just `phoned me at length,giving me great advice,will `phone again on friday.
Meanwhile I have been given their number to call at any time.

What a difference a day makes.
A weight has been lifted.

Yes my dearest remains deeply unwell, but the fact folk care and are prepared to offer that much needed advice and helping hand.........it makes such a difference.

Thank you all for your caring hearts and kindness.

Baggs Wed 21-Apr-21 15:03:36

So glad to read this, panache! What a difference a caring (and really professional) person makes ?

Grandmabatty Wed 21-Apr-21 15:04:46

Thank you for the update Panache. What a difference someone who cares can make. Look after yourself too.

Lins1066 Wed 21-Apr-21 15:29:40

Panache very relieved to hear that you are finally being given advise and support, also that your husband is at last having the help he needs. Thinking of you both as always.
Good afternoon to everyone in the Kitchen.
Cherry I have pm'd you, but I think there may be a problem my end, I will contact GN.

Susan56 Wed 21-Apr-21 15:49:56

Panache, I’m so pleased that you and Mr P are finally being looked after.Thank you for letting us know.x

NanaandGrampy Wed 21-Apr-21 15:51:14

Afternoon all,

Thank you all for your kind words . My daughters MiL is now home but it all seems very confusing and complicated and stress she really doesn't need at this time. My daughter is like me , not very good with platitudes very good with actions, so I am sure she will get it all sorted but I feel for the grandchildren . This will be their first experience of losing a loved ones.

Lovely flowers Puzzler , i love the colour.

We went off to a NT property today. It was deceptively cold but we have well and truly blown the cobwebs away. Hopefully its something we can enjoy again soon.

I didnt see the original post but it sound like the Panaches are getting good advice now, which can only be good.

Happy days all x

brook2704 Wed 21-Apr-21 16:02:19

Thank you for your update Panache and the very good news that someone has eventually listened to you and your the care your DH is receiving has improved. But it should have been like that all along and you shouldn’t have had to fight to get the care your DH needs. I hope you are a little bit less worried now and things have settled down a bit - please look after yourself too ❤️

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Apr-21 16:07:19

I read your post Panache and felt relief for you. You won’t have to - and you shouldn’t have to - bear the burden of worries about your sick husband by yourself. Thinking about you both ?

brook2704 Wed 21-Apr-21 16:14:46

Lovely flowers puzzler and a lovely garden too - thanks for the picture
I had my hair done this morning Anno, a badly needed cut and the colour sorted too. It feels lovely just now but like you say after a nights sleep it does look a bit different ...Oh to have someone come in and do my hair every morning!
It’s a beautiful sunny day here in Inverness, warm with not a cloud in the sky. I’ve been sat in the garden pondering about a new garden seating area or summerhouse type thing at the very end of the garden where we get the most sunshine .. I’m hopeless at deciding about things like that as I can never really visualise what it would look like and DH bless him never has any ideas .... we will see....
I’ve just made a cup of tea and there’s shortbread biscuits on the side for everyone - enjoy ?

Yiayia4 Wed 21-Apr-21 16:17:45

That’s better news Panacheso pleased your getting more help but please look after yourself.
Had a small shopping spree today summer trousers shorts and tops just need those warm sunny days now.Hectic day tomorrow we have Boris puppy again?
Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Jaxjacky Wed 21-Apr-21 16:21:03

Thank you for the update panache I was furious for you both, better news and about time.
My dreaded dental trip earlier was not too bad, the planned extraction is, for now, not in plan. After being shown, I have to start using the interdent angled stix to really get to the root, yuk. Next planned appointment, to bond my top front teeth is not until early June, phew. I wasted the morning worriting about my appointment at 12; one plus of sorting through my purse as I was early, discovery of an M&S credit note for £32, it’s well in date, I may splurge in the food hall.
DH has not mentioned his knee which was paining him on Monday, so hopefully it’s ok. I’ll catch up later with news, ttfn.

BladeAnnie Wed 21-Apr-21 17:19:51

Just popping briefly into the kitchen and can I say Panache and N&G are in my thoughts. Dress gone to the dressmaker, rings have been delivered and 5 weeks tomorrow I say "I do" - coming around quickly isn't it?? Mr BA is bbq-ing tonight although it's a bit cloudy so we may eat inside. Hoping everyone has a very pleasant evening and gentle virtual hugs to all who are in need of a little comfort

Puzzler61 Wed 21-Apr-21 17:35:15

5 weeks will be here in the blink of an eye BladeAnnie and it seems you are almost ready for that Big Day ? ? ?‍♀️?‍♂️

Eating out(side) is the new Eating Out - we all need fire pits and blankets over us and it’s just fun. It will be nice when the evenings are warmer ‘though.
It’s okay if drinking wine. A friend of mine says “the more wine I drink, the warmer I get” ? ?
Wishing everyone a good evening ?

soop Wed 21-Apr-21 17:42:56

Panache That's more like it. I've been seething for the best part of today because you have been treated shabbily. Your health will suffer in the absence of a caring system.
And now, it seems, you have the support that you both deserve. Try to relax because you are under a huge amount of pressure. We are HERE for you. We CARE. You MATTER. sunshine

It's been a buggeration of a muddled day. Electrician drilling holes. Power supply off. When we were reconnected, the computer informed me that it was about to start an update. When it had finished, the builder called. He'll be relaying slabs. I made an attempt to do the first wash on Hattie's portrait. I messed up bigtime. Have ditched the painting and decided on a different "pose". Have sketched. Then I discovered Mr Soop up a ladder. Had words. Am feeling bushed. Will say farewell for today and hope to spend more time with the people I need in my life (you lot) tomorrow.

Please continue to take very good care of yourselves. smile moon

soop Wed 21-Apr-21 17:44:39

BladeAnnie Woopee! Lovely jubbly! grin

dustyangel Wed 21-Apr-21 18:52:01

So very pleased that you and your husband have the support and and care you should have Panache.
Jaxjacky your dental saga sounds awful and I can imagine your enormous sigh of relief after.
Beautiful photos from several whose names I’m sorry I can’t rememberblush
Grandmafrench your photo on Tuesday stuck in my brain because of the sheer joy your dogs are exuding.

I hope you have a less frustrating day tomorrow soop and that Mr S has promised not to do it again.

Urmstongran Wed 21-Apr-21 19:28:38

‘Evening All’.

Well here I am using my new iPad. I ❤️ the ‘Genius Bar’ at the Trafford Centre! Super dooper service.

I’ve not put ‘Dixon’ up tonight. You had requested a photo of my maple soop once the spring sunshine had worked its magic. I took this photo at 8am this morning at my front door.

I’m sure Maw will be delighted to hear you are getting ready to paint her dear, recently departed Hattie. You are so talented I just know you will do her justice. May we be allowed to see the finished artwork too once Maw has possession?

So pleased Panache to hear that your dear man is in good hands on the ward by those who know him well and will care for him in the very best way according to his needs. You can step down and drop your shoulders from your ears now and breathe.

Hope your son is on the mend GG13 it’s less common for men to have breast surgery. At least he’s on the right side of it all now.

I’m off to watch BBC iPlayer ‘Brotherhood of Monks’. I’ve seen it mentioned on GN and fancy it myself whilst Himself is immersed in wall-to-wall football... it was Spurs versus somebody and now it’s Man. City. He is living his best life.
??

Hope we all have a peaceful night ahead. x

Izabella Wed 21-Apr-21 21:03:15

Panache at last some relief in your situation. I continues to hold you in the light

? grandmafrench

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion