Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming and supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 23-Mar-21 12:57:16

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

Welcome. Take a seat and enjoy our opening day celebration.

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:51:52

Ta ta...grin

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:51:36

See you lovely lot in the new kitchen.

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:51:00

...and the tartan rugs...

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:50:41

Collect the cushions...

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:50:08

I am about to close the kitchen door.

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:49:32

Okey dokey, two chaise in readiness. wink

Bellanonna Wed 28-Apr-21 12:25:27

Another chaise here, please soop if I may stay to watch a spectacular sunset

Charleygirl5 Wed 28-Apr-21 12:19:49

soop have you time to play so we can get rid of this thread?

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 11:55:25

Kintyre sunset April 27th...

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 11:52:40

Urms You may have the chaise...with a view of the sea. smile

Urmstongran Wed 28-Apr-21 11:38:30

10 more posts to go (well 9 now!) and we’re off to new premises! Bags I a wide seat - there’s a bit more of me these days and I like to be comfy.
?

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 11:35:01

The sun is shining. It is not what one would describe as a mild day. There is a chill in the air. Yet the sea is barely ruffled.

I'm about to view images of last night's sunset. I shall share the best with you.

Charleygirl5 Wed 28-Apr-21 11:32:56

Jax that is craftsmanship at its best- no wonder the owner is ecstatic.

soop please, please rest. I did not think we were moving quite so soon but I think by the end of the day I will be having a slice of cake- please not ginger or coconut.
TOYA

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 11:32:33

N&G Our Cooper is King Bee. He has his priorities right. Without the bees and insect life, our world would become a sad and sorry place wilderness.

muse You have a way with words...you've raised a smile, and we thank you for it.

Jax the path-envy continues. It is a work of art.

Yiayia Toasting the memory of your dear cousin with a fine white wine seems most appropriate. I hope that your happiest memories live on.

kittylester Wed 28-Apr-21 11:30:02

You lot still here? Thought you'd have moved by now.

I'm currently queueing for my 2nd jab so save me a nice seat.

soop Wed 28-Apr-21 11:21:28

Hello my darlin's. Before I do anything else, I need to get the new kitchen ship-shape for you lot to relax in.

The welcome to our new kitchen buffet is looking tempting. I can't promise that every morsel is calorie-free, but let's just say it won't do a scrap of harm to indulge.

muse Wed 28-Apr-21 00:18:07

Jax ?
Muse has the blues so's taken to the booze.
She thought it better than blowing a fuse.
From son she has no news
What's needed is an undisturbed snooze.
Tomorrow, MrM had better watch his p's and q's!

After what was to be a well planned delightful day venturing into the wide wide world again, turned out to be a disastrous one.

cornergran Grandmafrench Urm Jax and soop
Thank you for your lovely words about dear son and granddaughter.

Nighty night

Nannytopsy Tue 27-Apr-21 22:37:16

soop & Marydoll you are in my thoughts. I wish I could wave a wand...
More spring cleaning here and we had a few spots of rain. We need much more.
We both have birthdays soon and it turns out we have each been trying to book a couple of nights away - great minds think alike! I succeeded tonight but not until later in May. Something to look forward to. ?
Sleep tight everyone, particularly anyone who is toddler wrangling tomorrow.

Urmstongran Tue 27-Apr-21 20:24:08

We had proper sunshine in Manchester for about 2 hours his afternoon. Then the clouds came over, it got really chilly at tea time and we had a shower that lasted for ... erm maybe 5 minutes! I think we’ve got proper rain forecast for tomorrow. Good job I’m not meeting friends outside for lunch eh? Grocery shopping for my stepfather and driving him to his bank. He wants to ‘talk to somebody’. I don’t fancy his chances but hey ho.

Puzzler61 Tue 27-Apr-21 19:28:01

Good evening kitchen friends. Someone took our sunshine away today but it didn’t matter I was going nowhere.
I stayed in for the Gas Man - but he didn’t come. Date has been rearranged as he got held up on an earlier job.
NandG - your 1st photo - colour of the 2 tulips is so regal. A Purple and gold. Beautiful. Like Cooper the Bee pic too. Children get so many opportunities to dress up now in amazing outfits.
Mr Jax has very real talent to lay that intricate path - I thought I was seeing a carpet rolled out too at first.
What an eye catching design?
Yiayia you deserve crisp, cool wine after your emotional day, and Urstongran , well, you deserve yours too. ? By the way did you have our sunshine in Manchester today Urmst?
TOYA.

Urmstongran Tue 27-Apr-21 18:34:23

Duh. Talk of food must have made a connection with forks ha!

Urmstongran Tue 27-Apr-21 18:32:36

‘Evening All’.

I’ve been out too today! I met 3 book club friends and we had wine with lunch. It seemed very much like ‘normal tines’ really but for the fact that our order was taken by a mask-wearing waitress. Oh and no hugs and ‘mwah-mwah’ kisses which actually I’ve gotten used to and don’t think I’ll go back in the future. It’s nice actually to just say ‘hello, how are you doing?’ with a smile and sit down.

Himself has just put on his big coat - it’s gone cold here - to go and watch the boy wonder at his football practice. It’s only at the grammar school round the corner. He’ll be back wondering what’s for dinner... I haven’t an igloo.

That terracotta tiled path looks pretty amazing Jax I could just imagine it in Spain with sun-warmed tiles. Beautiful craftsmanship.

Special thoughts tonight for soop and Marydoll. I wonder how Maw is getting on too, waiting for Maisie greyhound to be well enough to be fetched? I hope all is well. x

brook2704 Tue 27-Apr-21 18:15:07

That’s a really lovely tiled path jaxj well done to your DH no wonder the customer was so pleased
Hope things get a bit better soop and both you and marydoll get your appointments sorted soon - what a challenge it all is
Good luck with your little imp grandmabatty they’re so cute at 2 but can definitely be hard work!
I’ve had a lovely day here in Cambridge, met DD1 for a lunch outside at a lovely place in town and then we picked up DGS from school and nursery which I really enjoy doing
Lovely pictures N&G Thank you!

Yiayia4 Tue 27-Apr-21 17:46:27

You are very brave Ladies Soop and Marydoll ??

Just back from my cousins funeral feeling drained and now toasting her memory with a fine dry white?
Muse my number 2 son was diagnosed with a heart murmur at 5 years old.I was told not to worry about it! he is now 45 and a burly policeman! Hope it helps a bit.

Have a pleasant evening everyone.

NanaandGrampy Tue 27-Apr-21 17:33:16

Evening all !

Sorry to hear things are not great Soop . Hopefully something can be done to give some respite. Fingers crossed and sending you a huge hug !!

We went out today.... yes out out!

A nearby NT property had its garden open so we headed off like it was a great adventure. The flowers were glorious and reminded me that winter is well and truly behind us.

Of course flowers need bees and young Cooper attended world book day at school as a top class bee !!

I am quite pooped after the excitement but its my turn to cook---oh for a take away that delivers . Hey ho !

Happy evening all x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion