Gransnet forums

Chat

God Morning Wednesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Mar-21 06:16:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its a grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays adventure to the Hospital , went better than I originally thought , arriving at the cardiac side , had a ECG , and then saw the Doctor involved my wearing of the ECG for 5 days produced something ,and wills see an increase in medication of one I take in mgs.
I then went into the general outpatients area, despite changes to procedure , was seen earlier as I got there earlier , and was out of the building before the 2nd appointments time, both will see a return in 12 to 18 months time as to each.
Got back and saw tale end of the cycle race in Spain which is on TV , today will watch the race unfold later .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 24-Mar-21 06:22:45

Good morning from a bright E Kent, with apricot skies at the moment.
Wash day today. I might try putting my delicates and quick dry things on the line. I get so dreadfully cold hanging damp clothes that I usually wait until it really warms up.
Nothing on today. Might get on with DGS’s quilt. I’m almost at the assembly stage.
Hope that the sad and in pain have some relief today, manage to let some sunshine ☀️ into their lives. Flamingos ????for everyone ??

grandMattie Wed 24-Mar-21 06:23:33

Forgot. “Mick”, I’m glad all went well at the hospital and that you are reassured. ?

Scentia Wed 24-Mar-21 06:24:40

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it feels cool.
Sounds like you are making excellent recovery after you time in hospital mick. Good news

I am up extra early as DGS is here and we are watching poor old Daddy Pig be treated like an idiot by Peppa snd Mummy?
Off to the river later to feed the swans. DD had a disturbing night, I think she has another kidney infection, or the one three weeks ago never went. I will make sure she calls get GP or midwife this morning.
Take care everyone and stay safe.❤️

12Michael Wed 24-Mar-21 06:26:01

They are increasing the dosage of the Beta blockers I am on , due to the ECG 5 day the amount of milligrams going up ,as it was a low dosage.
Mick

Bellasnana Wed 24-Mar-21 06:27:03

Morning Mick, glad your hospital visit went smoothly and that you don’t have to go back for a while.

Weather in Malta this morning is a bit chilly and very windy. I hope the wind will drop as I’m supposed to be going for a socially distanced coffee in my friend’s garden. I haven’t seen her for over a year even though we have been good friends for 40 years.

Tackled the yard yesterday, what a mess the workers made. I’m not very happy about it as I think they ought to have cleaned it up themselves. DS arrived home from work and saw me struggling so he immediately came to help. It’s not finished yet though, we had to give up due to the wind and the late hour.

Take care everyone.☀️

Beechnut Wed 24-Mar-21 06:37:20

Good Morning everyone from a dry Severnside.
Welcome to the new morningers and a belated Happy Birthday dustyangel.
I’m glad your hospital trip went well Mick.

I didn’t come back to catch up until late yesterday. I’ve been having a wobble over this third wave and banned overseas travel. Not that I was planning on going overseas, it just feels so frustrating. Anyway I’ll shut up about that now.

No real plans apart from cleaning the fridge ready for the shop later in the week.

Look after yourselves all and stay safe ?

Ashcombe Wed 24-Mar-21 06:43:49

Good morning, Mick and the gang from a dry but overcast Torbay, with the last few streaks of sunrise showing red which is ominous! I’m glad your hospital visit worked well, Mick.

So sad to read of your friend's sudden loss of her son on yesterday’s GM thread, Stilllearning. Prayers are assured for her and others for whom life is dark currently, including Georgesgran but heartening progress was uplifting to read re Gagagran's DH.

Scentia the quip yesterday re wills and relations raised a smile here. So very true! And yet, those folk who are so acquisitive are rarely truly happy. Material riches aren’t everything as you lovely people know. I’m still being touched by kind comments about my predicament, including a few more from yesterday morning, including Grandmafrench (expressed so originally re. the width of the Channel!), Nannagarra, dragonfly46, CherryCezzy and LauraNorder. Thank you, everyone. As Taichinan reminded us, we’ve lost our freedoms but others have lost loved ones to Covid.

My sortie into the town centre was quite a shock with so many shops closed and few people around but the change of scene was helpful and I was able to spend a Boots voucher from Mothering Sunday.

You should write a book, sheepandcattle, based on your wonderful anecdotes with which you regale us! You raise our spirits on a daily basis so thank you! Good old Pinchy, still defying the odds!

Wishing everyone a good day. Stay well! ?.

Susan56 Wed 24-Mar-21 06:44:27

Good morning from Shropshire.

Glad all went well at the hospital yesterday Mick.

Oh Scentia, the Peppa pig days!We are now on the third grandchild who loves Peppa??‍♀️thought we had got away with it with Henry but last week we put on Tractor Ted and he said no tractor,Peppa??‍♀️?

We are off to the tip this morning and then the garden centre and will finish off with a trip to Lidl.This is quite adventurous for us as our days are either spent at home or looking after the grandchildren with a weekly trip to the supermarket thrown in.

Hoping that Cherry is starting to feel better and Mary and Auntieflo too.

Have a good day all and thinking of Georgesgran and all with sadness,illness and worries??

kittylester Wed 24-Mar-21 06:55:33

Good morning all from a showery North Leicestershire.

Our cleaner comes on Wednesday mornings and dh is off doing a day's worth of drives so I will have an empty this afternoon.

My carer's courses have come to an end as the Alzheimer's Society have lost the contract to deliver them. AgeUk have got the contract to provide something similar so I hope they take me on along with the staff who are 'going over' to them.

The NHS seems to be doing you proud, Mick.

Dwmxwg Wed 24-Mar-21 07:02:07

Good morning all from north Surrey, not peeped out yet, fingers crossed we have another dry day.
Glad to hear all went well with your appointments Mick
Beechnut I hope your wobble rights itself soon, we are taking it in turns to have them and no wonder.
I was glad to go into work early yesterday to attend the reflection on the anniversary of the first lockdown. It felt right to be there with colleagues and our chief executive and chaplain spoke very eloquently. The ward is very busy at the moment, another full on shift but I am not back again until next week so can recharge my batteries.
DH had a busy day too tidying in the garden and when I got home he had just finished making a batch of marmalade, he has definitely got his va va voom back.
I have PT at 8 then a visit to mum and dad and will take my cleaning things to do their bungalow. Boys will be back this evening..
I have made an apppointment for the optician tomorrow as have been seeing “floaty things”, last night my eye were very sore and scratchy so not quite sure what is going on. Glad I made the appointment.
Wishing all you lovely people a good day and ? to those struggling at this time

Greyduster Wed 24-Mar-21 07:02:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a slightly misty South Yorkshire. Good to hear your appointments went smoothly Mick. We are supposed to have a brighter day today. I hope they’re not wrong as yesterday was breezy and very chilly. I was steadying the step ladder while DH was cleaning the conservatory guttering and I was glad to come back indoors. I need to get some outdoor jackets washed and dried today. A cleaning day today, and some ironing. How exciting....
Have a good day folks.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:07:37

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny, but nippy, Oxfordshire. Pleased you had a good result from the Hospital yesterday Mick and that your meds are sorted.
Another day between hospital visit days DDs op went well but problems afterwards so alternate days at the hospital to sort things out, it’s held her recovery back by about 2 weeks, but she remains so cheerful whilst she’s hobbling around on her crutches. I’m sure I would be a real cross patch.
So she won’t be going home anytime soon, if her dog would sleep later than 6.30 am I would be happier.
Anyway, my worries are nothing compared to others, so virtual hugs to those who are suffering and hope that today will be a good day.

NanKate Wed 24-Mar-21 07:08:00

Morning Mick and All.

It’s grey here in South Bucks.

I hope they do take you along Kitty as I know you have learned a lot about on your Care’s Couses for Alzheimer’s and that knowledge needs to be continued.

Mostly catching up on paperwork today and also working out the time in Miami as the Tennis Tournament is starting there today, please note Bellasnana. ?

Glad you are getting fixed Mick.

Lins1066 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:19:27

Good morning Mick and all from a damp, mild S Welsh coast, sunshine is forecast for the rest of the day. Your hospital visit sounded positive Mick and I'm glad that your medication has been sorted out for you.
Yesterday we had a walk by the sea, it did raise the spirits. I've been avoiding the news recently but caught up last night and the possibility of a third wave weighed heavily on my mind too Beechnut.
We may visit the local garden centre today as we need turf for the lawn. I'm a bit nervous as it is well over a year since we last went.
Our four year old lives Peppa pig too Susan.
Hope that Cherry, Marydoll and Aunty Flo are feeling better today.
Stay safe everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:19:54

Good morning Mick and all

Glad your hospital trip went well Mick they appear to sorting you out

I am waiting for the 6yr old GS to wake up, it will be full English followed by shower and hair styling as it’s School Photo day!

I shall be hunting round the home and garden for my mojo and good spirits as they appear to have disappeared.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

grandmajet Wed 24-Mar-21 07:20:36

Good morning from an overcast Nottinghamshire.
Not a lot is planned for me today, although, Beechnut, you’ve reminded me that the fridge could do with a clean! Also the bathroom and the kitchen floor - so a few things to be getting on with. Mr Jet is off on a long walk to add to the Lions virtual round Britain walk, raising funds for brain tumour research. Two years ago I’d have joined him, but I’m just not up to it now.
How annoying for you Bellasnana to have a mess left by the workmen - have you paid them yet?!
I don’t know how I’d manage, Ashcombe, if I were parted for so long from my DH; surely it will end soon. Spring is coming to hopefully cheer us all - but as we’ve all learnt, being with loved ones is the most important thing in life.
Enjoy your empty afternoon kittylester, they can be quite nice sometimes.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Nannytopsy Wed 24-Mar-21 07:22:09

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Glad the hospital visit was a success and I hope the dosage is right now. Bellasnana I am sorry you were left with a mess. Some workmen just don’t think!

StepGD bought her first car on Friday which proved to have a major engine fault and several MOT fail points, despite its new certificate. Garage agreed to take it back, so I followed DS to drive him home. It was a round trip of 220 miles, including M25. It was the first time I have driven that far for months!
Suffolk is grey this morning but dry so back to the gardening I expect.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

baubles Wed 24-Mar-21 07:27:12

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. We have watery sunshine just now.

Good to hear that your hospital visit went smoothly Mick.

We drove a few miles away yesterday to walk through a former estate with woodland and wetlands. A couple of the path markers had been removed so we somehow managed to get lost, eventually after much doubling back we found a path going in the right direction. A couple of hides have been built close to the water so next time I’ll take binoculars. It was so good to walk somewhere different and with many paths still to explore we will definitely return.

Supermarket delivery today then I’ll make bolognese sauce for tomorrow and tonight’s meal will be sea bass.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Sar53 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:30:51

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is shining.
I'm glad your hospital trip was productive Mick, upwards and onwards.
Not a lot happening here today, a bit of this and a bit of that.
My goodness what a boring post, sorry, must try harder tomorrow.
Have the best day you can and find that ?xxx

brook2704 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:32:29

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s a sunny start to the day but we’ve got ‘blustery showers’ forecast for later - hmmm
Pleased all went well at the hospital yesterday mick take care
How annoying about the car nannytopsy good that the garage took it back even though it was such a long drive. I hope your step DGD gets a better one sorted out soon
Today we’re going for a walk, not sure where yet though as trying to think of somewhere slightly different! Hope to avoid the rain so we’re getting going early

Scentia I remember well the days of Peppa Pig - enjoy! Hope your DD feels better soon and yours too oopsadaisy it’s always a worry when AC are ill ?
Hope your eye soon improves dwm
Enjoy your empty later kitty and fingers crossed for your course
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, keep warm Grandmattie and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Beauregard Wed 24-Mar-21 07:32:50

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's cloudy but dry.

We collected a pane of greenhouse glass yesterday and DH put it in place. I've got a free day today until late afternoon so plan to spend some time setting flower seeds and doing other garden jobs. We collected our compost supplies last week so I'm ready to get on with things now. All of a sudden there's so much to do! ?

Thoughts to all who are feeling unwell or coping with sad and difficult times flowers

Sheepandcattle Wed 24-Mar-21 07:37:25

Good morning all you lovely people! I so enjoy reading everyone’s posts and having a peak into the life’s of others - it’s my lunchtime treat, reading the full thread each day. I really ought to read with a pencil and notepad so I can jot down names and pertinent points so that I can remember things that I’d like to reply to the following morning when I write my posts as I think of things is like to say but by the next day, I can’t remember who’s having what going on. So big apologies for not commenting on other people’s posts enough - I do think of other people on here a lot. (That was a long, confused rambling!)
I’ve posted a photo I took yesterday of the lovely Pinchy looking a vision of delight in pink! I’m really happy that the sore on her ankle has healed beautifully- big relief. I also think (and my DH agrees) that her legs and feet are becoming straighter. I remembered a few days ago that i’d bought my husband for his Christmas stocking, some special plastic cards the size of a credit card that you can heat in hot water and then mould into any shape and it hardens as it cools, so I’ve been using it to make little custom-fitted support-splints for Pinchy’s ankles. She is becoming a bit of a pickle..... she can push open doors using her front legs in a cat-like manner. I may have to change her name to Houdini!
We turned the spring calving cows and their calves out onto a new meadow yesterday. One of the nicest sounds in the world is that of cows munching new grass! I could sit and listen to it for hours.... it’s a very purposeful, contented noise.
My main task today, after the farm jobs have been done, is to do some more research for a couple of new projects I have in mind for the farm. We really need to look at new ways of diversifying in order to reduce our workload as we get older, and to keep the farm’s finances stable. The only issue is that most diversification ideas involve the general public coming onto the farm and I generally prefer being with animals to people!
Wishing you all a happy day. My thoughts are with Louis, the little grandson of a gransnetter (I’m so sorry I’ve forgotten the grans name) who I believe is undergoing brain surgery today.

Urmstongran Wed 24-Mar-21 07:38:42

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry but looks chilly. Across the road the train to Liverpool Lime Street has just pulled up to the platform. Hardly any commuters on it. These are strange times.

I’m another who’s having a bit of a wobble Beechnut. Anyone else think Boris looks tired and anxious? Then in the news I’ve just read that children are to be vaccinated this summer. What??

We are going to M&S today - swinging by to pick my stepfather up so that he can share the joy of a very short 5 minute car trip.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all. Glad to hear your follow up appointments went so well Mick you must be hugely reassured. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

dragonfly46 Wed 24-Mar-21 07:40:50

Good morning from as kitty says showery Leicestershire.

Going for a Reiki session today courtesy of a support group. It will be good to be in balance.

I was amazed yesterday at how easy it is now to register a death due to Covid. Everything is done electronically and I already have my mum’s certificate so somethings have improved.