Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bar and Tea Room

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:16:59

Service as usual in the Argy folks but with the addition of our new roof top tea garden. In the words of the famous Basil Fawlty, no riffraff. ?

ixion Tue 20-Apr-21 15:10:50

Blimey jet.
Again?

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 15:25:25

I used to be called mobsterjet!

ixion Tue 20-Apr-21 15:26:14

Seriously 'tho', that's a great idea??
Just add another wire to her underwired bra, no one will be any the wiser!
All the money returned, no questions asked - after all, the boys still have a reputation to live up to.
Mind you, with Mick's c.v., not sure that a little Baby Jagger-Doodle will ruffle many feathers.

(PIM, grandmajet, stands for Post Incident Manager.
Learned that yesterday from the LOD thread!)

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 15:32:05

We can fly back in the helicopter! After all, I can drive a fiesta - can’t be too different.

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 15:51:52

Good plan but I have found the missing money. I went to clean the llamas out and they are sitting on thousands of pounds. Using it as soft bedding. I think doodle was in a bit of a daze after the night with Mick and didn't shut the safe properly. The llamas have dragged the cash out and shut the safe so I can't get the smelly money back in till we remember doodle's birthday.
Feel bad for blaming Mick now when it was thieving llamas.

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 16:47:23

Oh,*AGA*, I’m so glad we didn’t take Ryan and chop Mick’s fingers off! He wouldn’t have liked that.
Phew!

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 16:50:58

Will we have to launder the smelly money??
I’ve heard of that being done. ?

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 16:53:52

Just glad it was the llamas and not Mick. Don't want to get sued by the Stones for accusing them of taking our cash.
"This will be the Last Time" we have the Stones getting stoned at the Argy.

Pantglas2 Tue 20-Apr-21 16:55:14

I’ve got a bank account I’m not using much grandmajet...if you give it to me I’ll keep it safe?

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 16:55:27

I have heard of money laundering too. Do you use Persil do you think?

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 17:01:21

Haven't you got a stiffgit in money laundering Pant?

Pantglas2 Tue 20-Apr-21 17:15:54

Hectually, AGA, I did have a Stiffgit mounted in my bedroom...and he it specifically said it was for Creative Accounting ? ? cos I’ve always been good with my fingers figures ??

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 17:24:39

Creative Accounting is just what we need at the Argy. Pity we can't get the safe open to put the money in, but maybe we can float it on the stock market. We can buy shares in some dodgy off shore companies and make a fortune.

lemongrove Tue 20-Apr-21 17:37:20

Am just passing through... let me take the money off your hands, Reggie always has a scheme or three going, we can invest it for you.?
I see Jagger was here this week, the mark where he got his lips stuck in the door are still there.Did he get any satisfaction?
How’s the tearoom business going? Full of old dears eating scones up there?
A pint of your best poteen please, while I put me feet up.

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 17:56:16

So kind of you to offer help with the money lemon but you’re not getting your thieving hands on our hard earned dosh I’ve remembered the combination for the safe so we can store it safely there.
Glad you’ve found the money AGA but it was a brilliant plan about the pregnancy grandmajet. I’m sure it would have worked. I could have stuck a llama up my jumper.
I am beginning to think we need to open another branch of the Argy enterprise. We have the perfect cover, a genteel tea room, an upmarket spa and a down market boozer. .I think we should go into ..........the spy market ?️‍♀️.
With pants creative accounting and under bed cover skills, ixion’s underwire bra experience, grandmajet’s mobster connections, AGA in charge of money laundering and lemon and Reggie’s yacht for a fast getaway we should brilliant at it. What could go wrong ?

grandmajet Tue 20-Apr-21 18:01:48

Great plan, Doodle. brook would make an excellent front of house - she looks so innocent.

ixion Tue 20-Apr-21 18:03:30

Ooh, like going incognito?
Are we to be goodies or baddies or mobsters?

ixion Tue 20-Apr-21 18:09:58

We would be just like in that classic "The Ladykillers".
Brook could be Mrs Wilberforce - dithery old gran (only pretend, brook ) pestering the police about criminal activity and disbelieved throughout.
Excellent front.
More front than Blackpool Boom Boom

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 19:06:37

Oh my goodness just walking past the tea garden now and there’s so much been happening. ... thank goodness the moneys been found .. those llamas have a lot to answer for ..
Great idea about going undercover as spies - maybe for a private detective agency .. ?️‍♂️
Ooh yes please I’d love to be front of house - I can do innocent and probably a good impression of Mrs Wilberforce

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 19:40:00

You can be Moneypenny brook. I would like to be Mata Hairy. Or is that Hari?

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 19:46:10

AGA you can certainly be Mata Hairy Hari but please don’t let anyone allow the Admiral to be James Bond. ?

AGAA4 Tue 20-Apr-21 19:50:18

We don't want him shaken and stirred.

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 20:01:10

Perfect! Thank you AGA ?

brook2704 Tue 20-Apr-21 20:06:50

Hang on a minute .... If we’re all undercover we’ll need new names ... ?

Doodle Tue 20-Apr-21 21:35:01

Ooh brook that’s an exciting idea.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion