Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bar and Tea Room

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:16:59

Service as usual in the Argy folks but with the addition of our new roof top tea garden. In the words of the famous Basil Fawlty, no riffraff. ?

Doodle Tue 11-May-21 19:53:06

ixion behave !

ixion Tue 11-May-21 20:07:23

Er doodle
There's an awful lot of 'you' and 'your'. No 'us' or 'our'.
Where will you be??

Doodle Tue 11-May-21 20:21:10

Sadly ixion one of us has to mind Thor the bar. So I’ll just be sitting with my feet up slaving away keeping things running while you lucky girls get to do a lovely workout. ?

grandmajet Tue 11-May-21 20:40:19

Fronk has been giving me a personal cancan lesson. He says my derrière is tres jolie. Does that mean my bum is funny?

ixion Tue 11-May-21 21:31:26

No jet. Large.
Sorry about that......

ixion Tue 11-May-21 21:42:11

But the fact that he's chosen you as the Principal Dancer and Rôle Model speaks volumes about your bottom.
And, you get the biggest plumes?

Doodle Tue 11-May-21 22:08:47

Big bottoms are highly prized in some places. Not sure about your costume though Jet is it supposed to disappear between your cheeks like that.......and that flesh colour makes it look like you’re not wearing anything.

ixion Wed 12-May-21 16:10:48

Talking of nibbles, should we not be arranging for some traditional Welsh treats for Sir Tom, to make him feel at home?
All I can come up with is
Welsh Rarebit
Barabrith
Laverbread
Leeks.
All seems a tad - er- stodgy?

AGAA4 Wed 12-May-21 16:24:59

Need stodgy in Wales. Cold and damp. I will make some Welsh cakes but he is probably used to more exotic fare these days. Maybe oysters. I will run down to the docks and ask my fisherman friend to get me some.

ixion Wed 12-May-21 16:28:12

Has jet any supplies of Grimsby seaweed left over from her wraps?
We could use that.

AGAA4 Wed 12-May-21 16:44:17

Some lobsters with seaweed may entice him.

Doodle Wed 12-May-21 18:55:29

Great idea ixion. AGA if you do the oysters, I’ll make the Welsh cakes, I think I’ve found some currant on the floor in the cellar. No idea how they got there ?
Talking of oysters, you better get a lot. He might need them.
No need for seaweed, we can entice him in with our womanly ways.
What else can we give him for energy?

ixion Wed 12-May-21 19:15:26

May Hem as the Warm up Act? ?

Doodle Wed 12-May-21 20:09:11

Would he survive a warm up with May? You know what she’s like ?

brook2704 Wed 12-May-21 20:25:32

I think Sir Tom would soon sort May Hem out, he’s probably had lots of practice ..

brook2704 Wed 12-May-21 20:43:05

What’s he singing anyhow ... have we any special requests and dedications ?

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 21:12:42

Oops, sorry doodle, forgot my pants again. It s always happening. I must remember them or Sir Tom won’t sing ‘She’s a Lady’ for me.

ixion Wed 12-May-21 21:20:07

That's what I meant doodle.
They never discuss their knickers in the Kitchen.

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 21:31:56

Muscles McVitie is settling in well. He’s been teaching the llamas a line dance, they seem to love him. Did he sleep in the cellar with them last night?

brook2704 Wed 12-May-21 21:44:08

Yes he did jet! Biccy got settled in well with the Llamas - they really enjoyed his company ?

brook2704 Wed 12-May-21 21:57:11

Ok then so far I think if we ask nicely Tom might sing...
She’s a Lady - for jet of course
Sexbomb
You can keep your Hat on
Delilah
What’s new Pussycat
I’ll never fall in love again ?

Biccy says he’s happy to take us through our Cancan paces again tomorrow but we need to practice those high kicks ..
Shaping up to be another great Friday night .. tickets sales are rocketing ?

Doodle Wed 12-May-21 21:57:35

(You haven’t been in the kitchen long enough ixion. Soop has a wicked sense of humour, trust me ?)

Wow jet could we have line dancing llamas as the first act. Perhaps they could dance with Sir Tom.
brook have you been to Madam PomPom and sorted out the knicker order for us yet?
AGA I’ve made the Welsh cakes and put them in that chest freezer in the corner of the cellar. There’s a funny shaped parcel wrapped in plastic at the bottom. Do you know what it is?

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 22:20:36

I bet he’s never danced with llamas before - a world first! Wow!

I’ve made a chicken and leek pie in the shape of Wales, with seaweed garnish. I’m sure Sir Tom will love it, - although the pastry is a bit tough. I hope he doesn’t break his teeth on it, it might spoil his singing voice.

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 22:21:25

Didn’t those dodgy blokes from Sarfend leave a parcel in the freezer?

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 22:22:31

Or it could be Jackie Laverty?!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion