Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone giving easter eggs this year

(28 Posts)
polomint Tue 30-Mar-21 23:16:33

My grand children are all adults and I've been doing online deliveries but haven't added chocolate eggs this year as I don't normally buy them. Because this has been surreal this year I thought I would give them some unusual ones, ( mind you a lot of eggs nowadays are a bit over the top anyway). I thought it was just a nice idea to cheer them up...the days of the egg hunt in the garden are long gone! Are others doing the same or has easter been forgotten

NfkDumpling Thu 01-Apr-21 08:42:20

No Easter Eggs this year as they can't all come for the usual annual family gathering and included Easter egg hunt. Thinking I could save some for when we can get together, I did look when I put in my Tesco on-line order last night, but they're not delivering anything Easter-y after April 4th so I've missed the boat!

I would like to know what happens to all the unsold eggs.

BigBertha1 Thu 01-Apr-21 07:02:59

I bout my youngest daughter, her husband and my 16 year old grandson Lindt bunnies which they loved.

ImStillGood Thu 01-Apr-21 05:21:44

I'm not buying Easter eggs either. I'm just doing an easter video for the youngest DGC's egg hunts and I used to give them small eggs as well, but I've stopped doing so about 2 or 3 years ago as they get lots of them from their parents, etc. DGC don't seem to be bothered.

Blossoming Wed 31-Mar-21 10:23:59

Yes, to Mr. B. There are so many little ones and they get so many eggs, so we don’t bother.

Grannynannywanny Wed 31-Mar-21 10:19:57

Nell8 I’ve been thinking I’ll give them a laugh and be sitting at the kitchen table painting my own when their video call connects ?

Aveline Wed 31-Mar-21 09:55:29

No point in buying DGSs Easter eggs as they are inundated with them. It's eldest DGSs birthday on Monday and I've got him a good present which will occupy him for ages. I'll get a small present for his little brother.
I did get a lovely Hotel Chocolat one for DH though.

timetogo2016 Wed 31-Mar-21 09:54:35

Yes,eggs for all g/children/ son`s and dil`s.
It`s traditional in our family.

Nell8 Wed 31-Mar-21 09:47:26

Grannynannywanny You've cheered me up!smile

Grannynannywanny Wed 31-Mar-21 09:43:59

Yes Nell8 my youngest 2 grandchildren still delight in painting and rolling eggs. They live 140 miles away so due to covid restrictions we can’t be together. But I’ll look forward to a video call during the painting session so they can show me their creations.

MiniMoon Wed 31-Mar-21 09:43:43

We are giving our grandchildren Easter eggs, but not the usual sort. We bought chocolate eggs filled with little marshmallows that you melt in hot milk. Going by the weather forecast for the coming weekend I think it was a good choice. ?

Nell8 Wed 31-Mar-21 09:34:18

Do children still go out to roll Easter eggs? We used to hard boil eggs coloured by cochineal in the water and paint them with patterns when cold. We'd compete to see whose stayed intact the longest being rolled downhill. It was fun seeing the yolks fly off in different directions. Simple pleasures!

GrandmaKT Wed 31-Mar-21 09:31:35

My DIL asked for caterpillars for my 2 GC! They are studying insects at school and have a mini butterfly farm at home. Who knew you could order caterpillars online? Not cheap, so I hope they're not just cabbage whites!

Grandma70s Wed 31-Mar-21 09:30:57

I don’t buy Easter eggs for my grandchildren. Their parents do, so there is no need for yet more chocolate. If I was with them at Easter, I would probably get them some sort of present, but not chocolate.

Redhead56 Wed 31-Mar-21 09:28:40

I buy them it’s traditional for the DGC to go on egg hunts it’s what mine did.

Esspee Wed 31-Mar-21 09:22:14

I never buy chocolate for my grandchildren. I have seasonally decorated cardboard ones which I pop some little surprises into. The shells can be reused each year.

glammanana Wed 31-Mar-21 08:42:40

I had always bought my DD a Thorntons egg with her name iced on the front but since our local Thornton's has been closed it will not happen this year so a nice bunch of flowers I think,my two sons will get their usual Terry's Chocolate Orange they get miffed if they don't get one.
GCs all grown up except one will get a voucher of some kind or money,and GGD a gardening kit as she is happiest in the garden watering my garden.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 31-Mar-21 08:35:35

Today we are going to dgds birthday party. Have also got a pile of Easter eggs to take for DDs, Sil and a load of chocolate bunnies for Dgc

GrannyGravy13 Wed 31-Mar-21 08:29:31

Money for the older GC, then Lindt Bunnies and an item of clothing for the younger ones.

Gagagran Wed 31-Mar-21 07:52:37

Our DGC are all teens and get a "flat Easter Egg" i.e. cash in a card, usually.

This year I have gone hi-tech and they are getting a credit into their bank accounts and an e-card each. One of them is vegan, another is vegetarian and the other two prefer cash anyway!

Lucca Wed 31-Mar-21 07:42:09

I may be wrong but didn’t we just have this thread a couple of weeks ago ?

Daisymae Wed 31-Mar-21 07:38:21

Yes, eggs for GC who are teens plus boxes of Easter chocs for the AC. I've even bought some hand painted eggs from St. Petersburg as gifts. smile

tanith Wed 31-Mar-21 07:32:56

No eggs the little ones don’t eat a lot of sweets/chocolate so I stopped a while ago. I might buy one for myself though ?

vegansrock Wed 31-Mar-21 04:08:43

I must be the only one who never buys Easter eggs for grandchildren. I used to buy some of those tiny ones for Easter egg hunts if any were visiting on the day itself but I haven’t done that for a long time.

nanna8 Wed 31-Mar-21 03:34:29

Just for the little ones this year though I gave some small ones to the teenagers.

Coolgran65 Wed 31-Mar-21 01:21:18

6 dgc. The two older ones get a really nice egg each. The other 4 wee ones get a small egg and a t shirt each.