Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Saturday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Sat 03-Apr-21 06:09:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight at the moment here in Brackley but its dry outside Plans for the day , get bus to Buckingham ,and then get the bus from there to Bicester , today going that way will be last opportunity to go under a pair of former railway bridges , which are on the former Great Central line , these are being removed to be replaced with a new bridge to carry the HS2 line over the road .
Mind you talking of HS2 the amount of work taking place locally , such as getting ready to remove overhead pylons , which will be underground , having not travelled since lockdown its noticeable more so than travelling over those roads regularly.
Take Care,
Mick

cornergran Sat 03-Apr-21 07:52:40

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, cold, windy corner of Somerset.

Trued a surprisingly quiet sea front yesterday but didn’t stay. the wind was icy and blowing dry sand in our faces. Not fun. Mr C has been very tired after covid jab 2 so a quiet day until our bubble son arrives for a meal later.

Good to see you travelsafar, pleased you feel you can join in again. It’s a hard time for you and your husband ashcombe, thank goodness for your friends. Sounds as if that bike ride really encouraged your husband gagagran, hope driving is as positive today.

Take care everyone, hope Saturday is kind to us all.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 03-Apr-21 07:53:56

Good morning Mick and all

I can confirm it’s grey and chilly like Sar53 has posted!

We are going to youngest sons at lunchtime for a garden visit (he has a very big and beautiful one) to hand over the Easter Gift Bags to the GC (nearly 4 and 18 months). I hope I can resist a cuddle, but honestly I cannot guarantee it.

DH is cooking Dover Sole this evening which is one of my favourites fish. I managed to,get some Jersey Pearl potatoes in Aldi on Thursday so they will be a nice accomplishment.

Wishing you all a peaceful Easter Saturday ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

FannyCornforth Sat 03-Apr-21 07:55:08

A huge 'welcome back' hug travelsafar
It's lovely to see you again thanks

GrannyGravy13 Sat 03-Apr-21 07:55:55

It’s good to see you back amongst your morning friends travelsafar ?

LauraNorder Sat 03-Apr-21 07:59:11

Lots of struggles on the farm Sheepandcattle. I’m amazed at how well you care for your animals. We are surrounded by farmland and I’m often disgusted at the treatment meted out by farmers. I do hope you are in a majority.
Shame about Bogdon. Do you think the seller was aware of the problems?
Such a worry for you.

Dwmxwg Sat 03-Apr-21 08:05:27

Welcome back travelsafar. Good to see you are feeling up to posting, one day at a time ?

Gingster Sat 03-Apr-21 08:07:01

Good morning and yes Sar it’s grey and cold, here in Essex.

Welcome back travelsafar. Hope this is upwards and onwards for you ?

Beautiful sunset gelisajam

We had a lovely day with DD and family yesterday. GD1 was chatty telling all about Uni life and how she loves her chosen course. Gd 6 kept us amused with her cheeky antics. And the twin boys (nearly 15 ) were charming and ......TALL!. The food all disappeared as fast as I set it out,

DS1 and family coming today for coffee and buns. We will have to sit in the conservatory with doors and windows open if it rains.

I do hope you all have a gentle, peaceful day without too much worry, pain or discomfort. ?

ginny Sat 03-Apr-21 08:09:47

Good Morning. It is looking very dull but hopefully dry so a walk planned before we do our weekly food shop.

Welcome back Travelsafar.

Had a lovely time ( if a bit chilly) with DGS 1 yesterday, lunch and lots of chat.

Pleased to hear of those who are improving and thinking of all who have troubles .
Hope you all find a ? today.

Anniebach Sat 03-Apr-21 08:10:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Sat 03-Apr-21 08:12:40

Good morning Mick and all from a grey S Hants. Our single friend sat in the garden yesterday with us, we lasted about an hour and a half, it was a cold wind. Allotment later, collecting 7 x 70ltr bags of compost for the raised bed, we’ll do that, then home. A warm welcome back Travelsafar good to see you.
I spotted these on Facebook yesterday, may you spot one or two today.

amselerin Sat 03-Apr-21 08:14:15

Good morning all from a lovely spring morning here in Lueneburg . I have red all your posts this morning and they are so interesting and informative. I just like them.
I have had some good news - I had my 1st vaccination with the Asta vaccination on Thursday morning. Unfortunately my reactions were really quite bad, but today I am absolutely on top of the world. I feel all the more for all of you who are not well. Mine was just a blip.
I had a busy time this week: a school boy friend came for lunch and we talked and talked till evening sitting outside in the warm sunshine. Another evening I was invited to friends for an evening meal. Easter Sunday my daughter in law, her new partner and my granddaughter (my son, her husband died when Emma was 5 years old - I still find it hard to put this on paper) are going to visit me for an Easter lunch. Her new partner is almost like a son to me.
I wish you all the best of everything for the coming Easter weekend. Take care.

harrigran Sat 03-Apr-21 08:16:56

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Second vaccination for me this morning.
Checked my premium bonds yesterday and I was lucky again.
Take care everyone.

dragonfly46 Sat 03-Apr-21 08:21:13

Good morning from a grey Leicestershire. It was quite warm in the sunshine yesterday.

We had drinks with DD and SiL ( Zoom) last night to celebrate his promotion. Then we all went on to a show ( Zoom). It was quite fun.
Worried about DS, he is phoning every day which means he is not happy.

How sad you and DH cannot be together Ashcombe. My friends in Holland are starting to get the vaccine now so maybe it will happen in France.

Wonderful news about your DH Gagagran.
Hang in there GrandmaJet I can relate to how you are feeling.
So good to hear from you Travelsofar you have been in my thoughts.

Oh gosh what a picture of what life on the farm is like Sheep. I do admire you.

I hope Mary is feeling okay today.

dragonfly46 Sat 03-Apr-21 08:23:35

Amselerin flowers

Marydoll Sat 03-Apr-21 08:32:16

Good morning all from a cold, but very sunny Glasgow. As Kalu has said, we cannot go far, unlike England, made worse by living in a very small Local Authority, not much room for travelling! ☹
I bet you are off to your favourite garden centre this week, Kalu. I have never been and am going to try and persuade DH to take me, if I feel well enough. As long as I stay outdoors, I should be fine.

I am absolutely delighted to welcome back, travelsafar, after what has been a truly dreadful year for you. You have taken the first step, which is the hardest part. ?

I have no plans today, apart from making the hot cross buns, from the dough which has been rising in the fridge.
Also some plants lying for a few week, have been waiting for me to be well enough to plant them.
I think my potato, growing bags must be stuck in the Suez Canal, as they have never been delivered. I'm not sure what I will do. ?

We had the loveliest surprise yesterday. Dollie came for an unexpected garden visit, as the weather was so nice.
In the space of a year, she has gone from a little lady to a wild child!
Much to her parents' consternation, their princess had a fantastic time, hiding in bushes , trying to climb trees and playing with the water in the bird bath. The last straw for her mum and dad was when she tried to do a pole dance on my rotary washing line. ? Poor papa is exhausted today, after his golf and then being forced to join in the shenanigans.
However, he is positively glowing this morning, having seen his wee darling.
!
It has been the first time Dollie has been in the garden since the fairy doors were put on the trees. Her only question, Where do the fairies do the toilet?. We told her the The flying toilet man had brought a mini one for them.
When we were having our extension built, we had a portaloo in our drive for the workies. It was always delivered by a lovely, but eccentric man, whose day was made, if Dollie, a toddler at that time, waved to him.

They were going next door after that to see DIL's parents and she asked us to stay in the garden, so that she could talk to us through the six foot hedge.
This little fishwife could be heard shouting, Gran and papa, get down on the grass and look through the hole to talk to me.
Since I knew that her other grandparents were already in the garden, I advised her to go and talk to them, to avoid any awkwardness.
Her reply, But gran, it's you I came to see!. blush Papa and I beat a very hasty retreat!

Wishing you all a very pleasant Easter Saturday. There are so many on here suffering great pain and sorry in so many ways, sending prayers and gentle hugs for a peaceful Easter weekend. ?

Marydoll Sat 03-Apr-21 08:33:41

Fanny good to see you back too! ?

Lins1066 Sat 03-Apr-21 08:36:29

Good morning Mick and all, it is a lovely Spring morning here on the S Welsh coast.
It is very good to see you back travelsafar, a Happy Easter to you.
I'm sorry that the news from France isn't good Ash.
A fruit and veg delivery this morning to replenish depleted stocks, then a restful day is planned. I hope that Popeye's eye heals well.
Best wishes to all those in pain and those who are sorrowful, hope there is something to cheer you today.
Stay safe everyone. Hope that Cherry and Mary are feeling better.

Pittcity Sat 03-Apr-21 08:39:42

Good morning from a grey, cold Colchester. Back to winter here. Gardening is on hold again and we've done all we can do around the house. Waiting on better weather and for busy tradespeople to have time to fit us in. Everyone's spending their holiday money on home improvements. My next project is to soundproof the boiler cupboard.
A quiet Easter weekend here as it's too cold to sit outside.
Much love to all x

mancgirl Sat 03-Apr-21 08:40:13

Good morning from a cloudy Manchester. I have booked the 2 older grandsons on a donkey trek experience this afternoon. Back here for egg hunt, followed by food and drinks in the garden. Be nice to have the family together so hope the sun comes out at some point. Dil has a keep in touch day at work next week before finishing her mat leave end of May. Yesterday we got the pushchair out of hibernation and power washed it ready for use by our lockdown baby. 9 months old already! Have a lovely Easter Saturday. Hugs for those with worries, flowersfor those who are feeling unwell.

NotAGran55 Sat 03-Apr-21 08:45:22

Good morning from grey chilly looking West Berkshire .

Will be visiting my in laws this afternoon for a garden visit which will be the first time I have seen them since Christmas Eve on their doorstep.

A long overdue email to send to a friend in Cornwall who writes novels to me . I would much rather speak on the phone to her but she is rather difficult for assorted reasons and so she has to wait until I can face replying. 2 finger typing is a long old job .

The hot cross buns I made yesterday were tasty but tough as old boots! No idea what went wrong as I followed the recipe exactly.

Welcome back Travelsafar.

Be careful on your trips out Mick especially if you aren’t wearing a mask . The official advice is still only to travel when essential.

I hope today is as good as possible for you all . Especially those with challenges for whatever reason.

Gingster Sat 03-Apr-21 08:46:01

Amselerin how sad for you but how lovely that your DIL’s partner is ‘almost like’ a son to you. ?

Sheep what lucky animals to have you and your DH to care for them ?? ❤️

baubles Sat 03-Apr-21 08:48:39

Good morning Mick, enjoy your day. Morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s shaping up to be another fine day.

Lovely to see you travels, welcome back.
So pleased to hear that your DH continues to improve and is enjoying getting out gagagran and hoping you find the right path grandmajet.

sheep, I’d be glued to a tv programme about your farm life if ever you get the opportunity. Poor Popeye, fingers crossed for him.

It must be difficult being separated from your DH for so long Ashcombe, my brother in France had his vaccine last week so let’s hope it won’t be too long now.

Amserlin flowers

Not a lot happening here today, I’ll do my usual walk this afternoon although I always find the weekends really busy, probably more so this weekend so although we can now travel within our local authority area for any reason, and I’m looking forward to visiting different parks, today I’ll just walk from the house as usual.

Thinking of everyone dealing with illness, sadness or worries today, may you find peace.
???

Juliet27 Sat 03-Apr-21 08:51:19

So good to see you again travelsafar

Greyduster Sat 03-Apr-21 08:51:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s cold and grey in South Yorkshire this morning. Yesterday we were out in a warm sunny garden cutting grass and weeding flower beds, hoping to finish off today but it isn’t going to happen if it doesn’t warm up! I made chocolate cup cakes which I will finish decorating today as GS and his Ma and Pa are coming over tomorrow. I’m excited!
Sheep what an awful thing to happen to your lamb - you couldn’t make it up could you? Thank goodness for the quick thinking of your DH and your vet. Remarkable what they can do these days.
Have a good day, whether inside or out, folks.

Taichinan Sat 03-Apr-21 08:56:20

Good morning, one and all, from a blue skied, cloudless, sunny Angus coast. Beautiful morning!
Nothing much to report from here. I think I'll start cleaning up the barbecue ready for our family two-week-late Easter fun day. It hasn't been used for six years, since DP passed away, so will require some TLC I should imagine. He was a real BBQ whizz kid and I have never used it, so we're going to be on a bit of a learning curve! But it's the best way to feed the five thousand out of doors.
Apart from that, no great excitement, just the gentle old same old.
I hope the many of you with such troubles have had a better night and will have a lovely day with lots of ☀️ and ? and ? and ? and above all - yes Cherry, I'm old fashioned too - ❤️.