Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Saturday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Sat 03-Apr-21 06:09:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight at the moment here in Brackley but its dry outside Plans for the day , get bus to Buckingham ,and then get the bus from there to Bicester , today going that way will be last opportunity to go under a pair of former railway bridges , which are on the former Great Central line , these are being removed to be replaced with a new bridge to carry the HS2 line over the road .
Mind you talking of HS2 the amount of work taking place locally , such as getting ready to remove overhead pylons , which will be underground , having not travelled since lockdown its noticeable more so than travelling over those roads regularly.
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBelle Sat 03-Apr-21 17:24:00

Sorry I m late just seen you are back travelsofar lovely to see you again x

Stilllearning Sat 03-Apr-21 14:00:43

You didn’t amselerin, we all know that the loss of a child always feels like yesterday??

amselerin Sat 03-Apr-21 13:28:15

Good afternoon all,

I have just read the posts and I think I may have given the impression, that my son died recently. He died about 9 years ago, but to me it is like it was yesterday.
Take care - on this comforting thread.

hollysteers Sat 03-Apr-21 12:18:07

A late good morning from Sunnyside northwest Lancashire coast. Met up with good friend yesterday and the hours flew by. I’m not used to company at the moment and found on returning home and having lunch, I dropped off and missed a Good Friday service? Strange how being sociable can take it out of you. I think I’m an introverted extrovert and have to recharge my batteries before the next onslaught lol, or more likely, I’m getting old(er).
My spider plant has scores of babies and I am enjoying popping them into small pots and other suitable vessels. I have a brown thumb rather than a green finger but I think a spider plant might manage to live,
It’s strange how much fuss is made at Christmas and not so much at Easter, doesn’t seem right really.
Ah well, will take some sun and I hope you all have a nice day and thoughts to the troubled.
Will read through later (if I can stop myself dropping off...)

maydonoz Sat 03-Apr-21 12:03:15

Good morning all.
I thought I'd write a quick message before pm sets in!
Today feels cold outdoors, we went for a small shop to Aldi to last the long weekend, some good bargains on veg.
I hope to do an apple crumble this afternoon to use up our apples in the freezer from last season.
Tomorrow our DS2 and partner will be popping in for a garden visit so they will enjoy it.
I wish you all a happy Easter and have a good rest to those who are still going out to work.

NanKate Sat 03-Apr-21 11:29:42

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and cool inSouth Bucks.

You did make me laugh Mary about your Dollie talking to you through the hedge. My DGS 10 FaceTimed me yesterday and told the rest of them at his home to keep quiet as he couldn’t hear me. I wanted to weep that he values our regular talks so much. I try so hard to tell him interesting things that I have been doing, but the truth of it is I am doing the same old thing day in and day out. Like many others I am feeling low, but I shall go for a walk and perk myself up.

What lovely photos of you and your DH on your wedding day BlueSapphire. ?

dustyangel Sat 03-Apr-21 11:25:57

Good morning all from a somewhat cloudy Portugal. The sun was trying to get through earlier but seems to have given up and gone elsewhere. I shall have my coffee and catch up with you all now. I see some photographs that look interesting but I’m sure I won’t remember to comment tomorrow.

Litterpicker Sat 03-Apr-21 11:17:42

Good morning from cool and breezy West Sussex. We are invited to DD3 for lunch in the garden with the family. It will be lovely to see the DGCs but I’m not sure we will want to sit for long. It is an hour’s drive so need to get moving. I am congratulating myself on having brought the (very few) Easter decorations to the front of the under stairs cupboard when I put the Christmas stuff away. There are two felt egg ‘pockets’ that I had forgotten were there so I will put some mini eggs in them for the children.

It’s lovely to see both travelsafar and georgesgran posting.
Thinking of you, and all with illness, worries and caring responsibilities - too many to name but each ‘held in the light’ as the Quakers say. flowers and Easter chicks for all ???

Grammaretto Sat 03-Apr-21 11:15:43

Good morning all from the Sunny Scottish Borders. This will have to be brief as I don't want to be indoors for long.
Bittersweet day for you Bluesapphire aren't you the most gorgeous couple!
Ours is next week and will be the first without him. Not looking forward to that.
However DiL has invited me to lunch today and I shall drive my newly repaired car. I am crossing county borders but it's my bubble. (I think)

amselerin thinking of you.
Good to see travelsofar

As usual thanks for the photos and news from your farm sheep.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 03-Apr-21 11:13:52

Good Morning all from bright but not so warm Harrogate
Yes, Mick do take care.
Good to see you back Travelsafar we have missed you!!
Sheepandcattle you never have a dull moment on the farm. Poor Popeye, hope he recovers. Pity about Bogdon.
Had a late start this am, slept in then, had to do my exercises, have a shower, breakfast then ironing, chat to my DD when she phoned, all go. Must get lessons from DD how she made the delicious pizzas she made for DGDs birthday. They were as good as we had in Rome and a wee cafe in the south of France. She could teach Pizza Express a thing or two.
The rest of the day, i hope to make some crumbles to freeze, and alter the face masks to fit humans. Take the dog out for a walk and cook some meals!! Nothing, really.

Have the best day you can, with or without chocolate!!

Nannagarra Sat 03-Apr-21 11:09:41

Georgesgran - so good to see you back.
Amseleren ?

EllanVannin Sat 03-Apr-21 11:04:58

What a lovely photograph BlueSapphire x flowers

I've missed all these with eating after I'd posted.

EllanVannin Sat 03-Apr-21 11:03:05

Georgesgran, yes, you've had a rough ride too but so glad to see you posting x flowers

muse Sat 03-Apr-21 10:59:06

Hello from Cornwall. Sitting (not comfortably) in the sun with my earl grey tea. Sciatic pain has gone but think I've pulled the hip flexor tendon on same side. Much to do but only standing up jobs for the next few days. Going to get some stretches done on the pilates mat before do the short drive for Mya's walk. Wondering how I can collect Mya's poop when on our walk. She's bound to do one! Can't drag MrM away as needs all his time to get the digger repaired ready for work on Tuesday.

Same for me grandMattie. Pant is lucky to be able to take things up. I've even resorted to knitting an extra cuff on a jumper to get the length. It always annoys me when it shows a model with sleeves pushed up. Wish they would put the length of sleeves on description. I love under the bust style tunics and dresses but the line is always across my bust angry. Moan over hmm

Mixed news Sheep. Poor little Popeye (smile]. Quick thinking there though. I did read on and had to take a 'gulp' !

GrannyGravy13. Dover Sole and Jerseys - yummy. Fish is my favourite meal.

Hello FannyCornforth. Good to hear from you.

GrandmaFrench Thank you for the big hugs. You take care too.

Those lucky enough to have visitors around this weekend, enjoy the chat and company.

Roses Sat 03-Apr-21 10:59:02

Good morning everyone. Happy Easter

Blue Saphire I can't believe how similar your dress and headress was to mine if I knew how to put a photo on here you would be amazed

Grandmabatty Sat 03-Apr-21 10:57:56

Back from Tesco and dropping off Easter stuff to dd. It's good to see Georgesgran back posting. I'm off to do Saturday housework. Have a happy Saturday x

LauraNorder Sat 03-Apr-21 10:50:27

Amselerin flowers

LauraNorder Sat 03-Apr-21 10:49:18

Good to see you posting Georgesgran, a warm Gransnet hug for you ?
Bittersweet for you BlueSapphire, what a lovely handsome couple.

Blossoming Sat 03-Apr-21 10:47:50

Good morning all from a chilly bright Lancashire. It’s looking very busy out on the marina, the car park is almost full. Not much planned for today other than usual exercises and more sewing. Sending good vibes to all.

Taichinan Sat 03-Apr-21 10:33:25

Now have time to read and have a second coffee. Poor sheep, farming life is not bring kind to you at the moment, is it. I do hope Popeye recovers, but also sad news about Bogdon. Do you have recourse to the farmer from whom you purchased him? Love the photos again, and what a lovely view from your field.
Ashcombe it is indeed bad news for any travel between here and France. A distanced marriage is one thing, but throw in Covid and it's quite another. Thank goodness for zooms and facetimes - but it's not the same is it. I do feel for you both.
Welcome back travelsafar.
Enjoy Brodie Castle again Brook. My favourite place near here is Glamis Castle where the grounds are beautiful. We also have, on a smaller scale, House of Dun. With weather like this today - and bearing in mind the snow (!) forecast for tomorrow - all these places will be very busy.
So lovely to hear that your DH is feeling so good after his byke ride - ever onward and upward. ?

henetha Sat 03-Apr-21 10:31:59

It's just clouded over here in south Devon and is a bit cool.
Dan-the-man is coming to do the first grass cutting of the season today.
I've just fed the birds and been running about trying to prevent the rooks and pigeons eating it all before the little birds can get at it.
Have a peaceful Easter.

dragonfly46 Sat 03-Apr-21 10:31:46

Lovely photo's Bluesapphire.
A bitter/sweet day for you flowers

hulahoop Sat 03-Apr-21 10:06:20

Lovely photos Bluesapphire ?
Good to see some posters back ,it's a nondescript day here today .
Sheep it was very strange when I was reading your post my oh was flicking through television and Popeye came on .
Hope everyone has a good day take care ?

BlueSapphire Sat 03-Apr-21 09:46:31

A later good morning from me in East Northants at DD's. Looking grey and chilly outside.

It would have been our 49th wedding anniversary today, and looking back i can remember every minute of that happy day. Just wishing DH were here with me now. Shall be thinking of him a lot today.

DD took me to the garden centre yesterday and I spent a fortune on plants for my empty pots, so that will keep me busy hext week. DD also bought some plants which i shall treat her to. The garden centre is an easy walk from home, so I may now venture a walk up there at some time if I need the odd thing.

No plans for today other than watch the rugby this afternoon - I have remembered my lucky socks! I'll also be able to get on with my knitting.

Hoping all have a pleasant Easter Saturday.

Jaxjacky Sat 03-Apr-21 09:33:52

A warm welcome back Georgesgran too. ?