Gransnet forums

Chat

Any NOT had COVID injection?

(126 Posts)
Clio51 Thu 08-Apr-21 16:02:25

For any reason ?

I haven’t, I know I get flamed by some people

I just don’t think there as been enough research and testing , it was rushed far too quickly
Now things are coming out months later about how its affecting people.

AZ vaccine there’s so much on tv about it at the moment, we’re told to carry on having the injections yet a small few at the moment!! Are dying from it.

I will be having it when there’s more data about the safety of it and not be told to have by the government who cocked up at the very beginning by not closing the boarders down to incoming like Australia did right at the start.
The amount of money the government wasted we had the track & trace which was a shambles for one.

timetogo2016 Fri 09-Apr-21 17:42:05

Thank you Alergias1.

BlueBelle Fri 09-Apr-21 17:47:46

Glad you have had your mind put at rest timetogo

Kapitan Fri 09-Apr-21 18:16:28

Clio51. Why don't you move to a country in the EU? Then you won't have to worry about having the vaccine for another few years.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 09-Apr-21 18:29:21

I bet you wish you never asked now don’t you Clio51 ?

grannylyn65 Fri 09-Apr-21 19:25:16

Hazel, you just did

Gannygangan Fri 09-Apr-21 19:30:03

I suppose we don't actually have a choice whether we catch covid or not . So it's not the same as not choosing to take the vaccine.

As has been said ad infinitum, if you get covid you are far more likely to suffer blood clots along with numerous other things.

I had the AZ vaccine and am due the 2nd in a couple of weeks. No worries at all.

I would be far more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the vaccination area.

Bellanonna Fri 09-Apr-21 20:23:06

I couldn’t wait to have the vaccination, first in December and second in January. The prospect of getting covid far outweighed any fears of vaccine side-effects. Because the chance of clots from the Az are so minuscule I would not be worried about it. My younger adult family have all had the AZ and are happily waiting for their next jab. As unprotected adults what kind of future will the abstainers expect to have?

Gannygangan Fri 09-Apr-21 20:27:31

As unprotected adults what kind of future will the abstainers expect to have?

Good question, Bellanonna

A very minor thing really, but they won't be able to take any holidays abroad that's for sure

And of course they will run the risk of catching Covid and all the horrors that can bring.

Casdon Fri 09-Apr-21 20:30:44

A life of permanent personal lockdown, how grim would that be?

wendyann23 Sat 10-Apr-21 04:04:15

If everyone waited for everyone else to have the vaccine first we would be in permanent lockdown, thousands more deaths from Covid and untreated illnesses. More unemployment, more businesses going bust, children missing schooling.
No, I’ve had my first jab, will certainly have my second and hope life gets back to more normal soon. Think it is selfish not to be vaccinated.

srn63 Sat 10-Apr-21 07:02:00

I can see where you are coming from, OP, but it really annoys me when people who will not have the vaccine will be very pleased to benefit from the herd immunity that we vaccinated people will provide for them without having to take the risk of taking a new vaccine that we, let's face it, are testing. You will then expect and loudly complain if you are not enjoying the freedoms that low rates of Covid give us.

Loislovesstewie Sat 10-Apr-21 07:14:22

OP, you stand more chance of being killed in a car crash than any risk from the vaccine. There are risks, no matter how small, to most things in life, but you do them anyway because these are not 'new' things. I assume you have got on a plane, ship, train, driven a car, you cross the road, given birth, had surgery? These all carry risks, but you do them, don't you? You understand the risk is small, and you go ahead. Can't you think of it that way?

Esspee Sat 10-Apr-21 07:28:37

When the vaccine came out I was reticent about taking it but by the time it got to my age group I had thoroughly educated myself on the subject and was happy to get mine.
I’m looking forward to my second one and hopefully getting my life back.
Perhaps if hospitals refused entry to individuals who had declined to be vaccinated, or normal life became impossible without a vaccine passport then you might have to comply.

Lucca Sat 10-Apr-21 07:45:27

Biscuitmuncher

"Community spirit?" A lot of people have given up a whole year of their lives to protect others, how much more community spirit is that!

You mean lockdown ? No choice really. BUt not having the vaccine or “being in no hurry” is a choice.

CafeAuLait Sat 10-Apr-21 09:50:29

Lucca

Biscuitmuncher

"Community spirit?" A lot of people have given up a whole year of their lives to protect others, how much more community spirit is that!

You mean lockdown ? No choice really. BUt not having the vaccine or “being in no hurry” is a choice.

Complying with lockdown totally is a choice. I complied with travel restrictions but I could have decided otherwise.

Mimicaro Sat 10-Apr-21 10:36:17

I’m waiting impatiently to get mine but things are moving too slow here in Belgium!!

GrannyTracey Sat 10-Apr-21 11:12:13

Clio51
I completely get you . Everyone has their own opinion & their own reasons for getting the injection. I have listened to my family debating over covid these last few months & all the younger ones seem to be of the opinion that it’s all a load of rubbish &!more people have died each year with flu than covid . I went to get my injection on Monday . I was told by the helpline that if I didn’t want AZ I could ask for the Phizer one . When I got there the senior nurse explained that only the over 80,s were being offered phizer ( no idea why) I told her my mum had blood clots & I suffer from severe migraine & I was worried . She said government guidelines say the virus is perfectly safe . I had a panic attack before the injection then another one after . But I got it & I shocked myself because I went that morning expecting not to have it done . Btw I had no reactions whatsoever, no sore arm , no headache no tiredness . That night it came on tv about the under 30,s & blood clots. The nursing staff are just quoting what they have been told . I do think we are the ones being experimented on . No other vaccine it put out there to the world without a lot more stringent testing . If something happens to me because of the injection so be it , it’s the younger generation I worry about . Sorry for the long answer but I do get your concerns

GrannyTracey Sat 10-Apr-21 11:19:19

Had my covid jag on Tuesday . No side effects thankfully. I asked the staff nurse at the center about proof that I had had the injection & she said we will send the details to your doctor . We discussed the covid passport & she couldn’t see it happening for a long time . All the people who have had the injection just so you can travel abroad will still have to pay for tests before you go & when you return as no data base exists to prove otherwise . Holidays will be for the rich because how can the average family of 4 afford £1600 for tests in top of their holiday expense

grannysyb Sat 10-Apr-21 11:31:55

But the vaccines have been tested, firstly on volunteers and then on the people who have had them. Nothing is risk free, the amount of people who have suffered reactions is minuscule compared to the millions who have been vaccinated.

timetogo2016 Sat 10-Apr-21 15:15:28

What`s even better BlueBelle,I phoned my friend who was NOT going to have it is now going to make an appointment to speak to her Gp too.

maddyone Sat 10-Apr-21 15:25:54

grannysyb

But the vaccines have been tested, firstly on volunteers and then on the people who have had them. Nothing is risk free, the amount of people who have suffered reactions is minuscule compared to the millions who have been vaccinated.

Absolutely grannysyb
I had Covid and was hospitalised with it. I had to have a CT scan to check if I had blood clots on my lungs because Covid causes blood clots. Who would have thought it! I was very lucky, pneumonia but no clots.

Lucca Sat 10-Apr-21 15:42:26

CafeAuLait

Lucca

Biscuitmuncher

Complying with lockdown totally is a choice. I complied with travel restrictions but I could have decided otherwise.

It shouldn’t have been a choice, it was law.

Lucca Sat 10-Apr-21 15:44:24

GrannyTracey

Clio51
I completely get you . Everyone has their own opinion & their own reasons for getting the injection. I have listened to my family debating over covid these last few months & all the younger ones seem to be of the opinion that it’s all a load of rubbish &!more people have died each year with flu than covid . I went to get my injection on Monday . I was told by the helpline that if I didn’t want AZ I could ask for the Phizer one . When I got there the senior nurse explained that only the over 80,s were being offered phizer ( no idea why) I told her my mum had blood clots & I suffer from severe migraine & I was worried . She said government guidelines say the virus is perfectly safe . I had a panic attack before the injection then another one after . But I got it & I shocked myself because I went that morning expecting not to have it done . Btw I had no reactions whatsoever, no sore arm , no headache no tiredness . That night it came on tv about the under 30,s & blood clots. The nursing staff are just quoting what they have been told . I do think we are the ones being experimented on . No other vaccine it put out there to the world without a lot more stringent testing . If something happens to me because of the injection so be it , it’s the younger generation I worry about . Sorry for the long answer but I do get your concerns

Well the people in your family saying it’s a load of rubbish are 100% wrong. Don’t they read the actual news ?

Sparkling Sat 10-Apr-21 16:04:17

Do your duty! People should stop thinking about themselves but the big picture, do those vaccine dodgers, if they get Covid expect other people to nurse them back to health? Doesn’t matter if the rest of the country have had it, you just look after yourself and breathe a sigh of relief that those that have had it have made it safe for you to resume your life, I had mine for my family, the country and our wonderful health service has everyone else. I had someone 42 die from COVID, it’s hell. Tell people like Kate Garroway there’s no COVID. You can wrap it up however you like, it’s wrong not to have it. Do you not realise what you owe the millions of selfless wonderful people who have been there for us. I wish it was compulsory.

grannysyb Sat 10-Apr-21 17:05:40

Well said Sparkling, my stepdaughter is a consultant in intensive care in East London, and has had the most horrendous year, thankfully due to the number of people who have been vaccinated the numbers are going down.