Gransnet forums

Chat

State Pension

(35 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Mon 12-Apr-21 17:16:24

Can someone please tell me what the full amount of state pension is. My friends have all received different amounts. I had a letter today which gave an amount which is less than what I expected. Having worked most of my life I expected the full amount.

Shinamae Tue 13-Apr-21 10:04:06

Just tried again,can’t get through to actually speak to a person it is so frustrating and they have the excuse of Covid, I’m sure it is a valid reason in many cases but not all, so many companies just now leave a recorded message which states now because of Covid They will not be able to answer the phone so please ring back later..?‍♀️

jusnoneed Tue 13-Apr-21 10:54:46

I tried to look at what my pension might be when I hit 66, signed up for Gateway etc then got to the supplying of proof of ID - need two of either Driving Lic, Passport or start of mobile phone or credit card contracts. I don't drive, have never been abroad and don't have a mobile phone contract (just an old payg) and heaven knows when my credit card started as I only use it for online purchases and they are few and far between. So as I know it will be a waste of time trying to phone them I am scuppered.
Hope you finally get hold of them Shinamae.

moggie57 Tue 13-Apr-21 10:57:34

my aunt used to get £150 a week . sadly she not here anymore . but it depends on how much tax you paid .

Nannarose Tue 13-Apr-21 11:05:32

It is especially complicated for women, even those who have worked most of their lives:
The 'married women's' contribution was dropped, but those on it could continue or change over
The credits for carers changed over the years
If you worked part-time, that may have affected payments.
SERPS payments changed, particularly for those in public service jobs

Turn2Us and CAB are good at helping you check your information and track down discrepancies.

It is worth knowing that you can buy a few extra years if that helps (you need to do your sums carefully)

I hope you can sort it out

Maggiemaybe Tue 13-Apr-21 11:22:22

Shinamae

And I have got 45 years!!I have tried to get through to them numerous times and I’m just told to call back another time (recorded message )If anyone has a number that I can definitely get through to them on I would be most grateful for it.. and thanks Pippa ?

Try this one, Shinamae - 0800 731 0175. It may mean hanging on for up to 40 minutes, but I never failed to get through. It’s Future Pensions, and they’re very helpful.

Maggiemaybe Tue 13-Apr-21 11:23:32

To be clear, Future Pensions is a bona fide government department.

Shinamae Tue 13-Apr-21 12:03:54

Maggiemaybe

Shinamae

And I have got 45 years!!I have tried to get through to them numerous times and I’m just told to call back another time (recorded message )If anyone has a number that I can definitely get through to them on I would be most grateful for it.. and thanks Pippa ?

Try this one, Shinamae - 0800 731 0175. It may mean hanging on for up to 40 minutes, but I never failed to get through. It’s Future Pensions, and they’re very helpful.

I will, and thank you very much. ? I don’t mind hanging on for a good while as long as I do get an answer but as long as they don’t say “oh I’m sorry you’re through to the wrong department!!!” ?‍♀️

Maggiemaybe Tue 13-Apr-21 12:12:37

Fingers crossed, Shinamae!

Shinamae Tue 13-Apr-21 12:50:26

If I can find this thread by the time I managed to get through I will come back and let you know ?