Gransnet forums

Chat

Strange or weird occurences

(102 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 12-Apr-21 22:43:51

Have you ever had a strange or weird thing happen to you, that you still can't understand? Not necessarily spooky, just... unexplainable.

When I was in my teens, I had a secret boyfriend. He was much older than me and would NOT have been approved of.

I used to browse the window of a particular jewellers at this time. Expensive and retro jewellery. There was a ring in the window I always admired but which was way out of my price range. I didn't ever tell anyone about this ring, it was just window shopping.

One day, my secret boyfriend surprised me with a gift. It was 'the ring' (not as an engagement ring, just a gift). Obviously, I loved it, BUT couldn't wear it openly because he was a secret, so I would wear it to bed, but hide it during the day.

One night, while I was asleep, wearing the ring, it disappeared. I searched my bed, my room, the house, but never found it. My bf asked about it and I explained.

I still don't understand a few things about the ring. How did he know THAT ring? I hadn't told him. Had never been to or past that jewellers with him. And where did it go? It vanished overnight without trace.

I am still a bit weirded out by it now. I know the memory can play tricks, but I remember being confused at the time by it all. Unsolved mystery.

Calpurnia Thu 13-May-21 23:24:15

My husband once bought me a pair of earrings and a pendant of pale blue stones and a diamond on a silver fitting - not real stones they were costume jewellery. Secretly I did not like them but loved my husband too much to say anything other than how lovely they were and I would wait for a special occasion to wear them - only I never did.

The little boxes of jewellery were carefully stored —hidden— at the very back of a shelf in my wardrobe. I certainly had not opened either box for at least fifteen years and actually had quite forgotten I even had them.

I had a troubled relationship with my mother while she was alive. I was a huge disappointment to her (she often told me so) - being born a girl who she did not want as she already has her “Prince” son was my first mistake - one of very many throughout the next fifty years. I was constantly reminded of the fact. No matter how hard I tried (and believe me I tried)
I never felt I made up for being such a disappointment.

A few years ago I went to see a medium give a demonstration and the lady said to me. “Your mother is here”. The medium paused and put up her hands and said “well....what can I say - your mother seems a bit angry - apparently you are very extravagant (very honestly simply definitely not true then ever or now). “She tells me you are so extravagant you have beautiful jewellery you never wear and you are very ungrateful”.

I knew immediately what she meant - and who would not given the precise details.

I drove home smiling to myself - even from the other side my mother’s disappointment came through. Oh well.....

Arriving home I went straight up to my bedroom and there in the middle of my bedroom floor was one of the blue stone silver earrings. It was most definitely not there when I went out, or when I came back from work hours earlier. I clearly remembering hoovering the upstairs of the house before I left for work that morning so would have clearly seen it then.

I most definitely had not looked at the jewellery or even disturbed the boxes in their place at the back of the shelf for a very long time.

I left the earring where it was while I had to get a chair to stand on to reach the back of the shelf and under important family papers stored there unearthed the two jewellery boxes. Of course as I opened the smaller box I found just/ one - the other- earring.

I felt it was my mother telling me to wear the earrings, proving her point that I was ungrateful.

I never wore them and shortly before moving house a short time ago gave them to a charity shop.