Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Sat 17-Apr-21 06:05:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright and dry start here in Brackley this morning, and also maybe cold out there .
Today, I will catch bus to Buckingham ,and then Bicester before returning to Buckingham and then home .
The plan is have coffees in both towns outside, also hoping the flea market will be on in Buckingham, plus also I want to purchase other things.
Take Care,
Mick

Gelisajams Sat 17-Apr-21 09:46:17

A late good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. I am late this morning as I have been having my Saturday chat with my friend and earlier DH and I were chatting about the nasty vindictive teachers we used to have. A real trip down memory lane.
It’s been a bit of a hectic week after months of same old same old, so today I shall take it easy. I’ve got a number of seedlings on the windowsill which need potting on and putting in the greenhouse so I may do that. I should have done it sooner but the unseasonable severe frosts this last week made me think twice. There is enough frost damage in the garden.
Wishing Shelflife a very happy birthday and wishing Ekwa well in her new home in Carlisle.
Take care and stay safe everyone ???

Roses Sat 17-Apr-21 10:02:24

Another beautiful morning here so looks like a gardening day

Had a lovely walk through the woods yesterday then went to have a blood test at the hospital, it was strange to see so many empty parking spaces. I do feel sorry for patients not being able to have visitors

It seems that the world and his wife were heading into Wales yesterday and I'm sure it will be the same today lovely for people to have a change of scene but I do worry that the covid numbers will start to go up

I hope that all with worries and illness will have a better day

Grandmafrench Sat 17-Apr-21 10:06:39

Good Morning everyone from a cloudier S of France.

Lovely to see you posting, Georgesgran - enjoy your day and keep safe. x Congratulations, Ekwa, you’ve made it in one piece and can now take your time making a lovely new home.
Hope you’re very happy in yours, Pitt and enjoying being in walking distance of so much!

Sorry about your lack of sleep, Mary. May poor Mr.M get well and strong again quickly, so hard to get good staff under your kindly care.

So pleased your DS is safely home, GG - may he heal quick as a wink. Save some moments for you, Harri - that’s a big burden you’re carrying. Do hope you have enough help.

Glad you’re staying in control, Urms...you can’t give in to anxiety with such lovely bunting! ?. Maybe you should have some for the summerhouse, Gingster? All the painting participants can have their initials on it - to remember The Great Struggle in future, happier times, perhaps?

I shall watch a little of the funeral today, but will switch off the first time there is a comment about the Markles, family strife, or .......a close up of a truculent Harry expression. Mmm, possibly won’t plan on sitting down for long, then!

I think the weather is much warmer today and I’m clearly wearing the wrong clothes, so off to swap my jumper for a cotton top. Wishing you all a very happy day for out and abouting, hair cutting, delicious food hall shopping or getting together with others in life! May we all slowly get back to a life without fear, lockdowns and sadness.

To all who are unwell, struggling or coping with illness of their loved ones, may you see some sunlight and a low-flying Flamingo today - and every day.

Big hugs from ???‍♀️???

GrannyOwl5 Sat 17-Apr-21 10:08:59

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is bright and sunny.

Thoughts with those having difficult times; ? for harrigran; good to see you posting again Urms and hope your scan will lessen your worries ?. Will leave ? for anyone who would like them.

DD’s birthday yesterday so we went to hers for an evening of al-fresco dining with fire pit, heaters, blankets, lovely take-away meal, prosecco and presents. Had a lovely evening and also got to see DS who popped round with a present for his sister.

Just about to do my online grocery order and then to sort out the greenhouse which is bursting at the seams with plants. Shall watch the funeral this afternoon; a difficult day for the Queen.

DH had his second jab yesterday and has no after effects. Mine tomorrow morning; I might have to rest up afterwards with my book and have to be sustained with tea and goodies throughout the day ?.

Hope you all have a pleasant day. Stay safe

EllanVannin Sat 17-Apr-21 10:12:23

Good Morning All x-----Newcomers too as it's always nice to " see " new faces. You're most welcome.

Another beautiful sunny day dawns, I could get used to this smile
Opened the patio door to hear the birds singing then I had a fit of sneezing----someone has got their woodburner on the go and it got up my nose, it never fails, so uncomfortable.

Harrigran you've certainly got your work cut out with two patients. Main thing is not to forget your own health and well being but I hope things pick up for the pair of them x.
Hope your patient improves as the day goes on too Marydoll, I know these things can be hard going.

First thing I noticed on your unit was the bull, Urmston grin. This is me all over. When I've seen the insides of homes I seem to just focus on one thing without taking in the surrounds particularly, so not that nosey really. However, your bunting is very clever, well done.

Outdoors I could tell you the names of trees and flowers. What an odd person I am grin as I scan around but couldn't tell you what was in a person's home ? Maybe because seeing a person is more interesting to me ? Than their surrounds.

Enough waffle. I don't envisage much going on today, though there's the rest of the day to go yet. I'll watch a bit of TV later as a mark of respect as it's someone I've " grown up with ".

I hope everyone's day goes well. Take care and stay safe xx

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 17-Apr-21 10:14:45

Good morning from a sunny Oxfordshire, our 50th Anniversary today, DH has just surprised me with a bouquet of flowers in the colours of our bridesmaids dresses, he says it was intentional ..........whatever, I think he was just lucky.

Reminds me of the time he bought me a single rose for Valentine’s Day, a year later he expressed surprise that it was still in the vase.... he didn’t realise it was a fake one!

Also he has bought me a chocolate for every year we have been married, bags of Maltesers, smarties, buttons etc. I will count them to make sure, as I eat them, all of them!

Have a good day everyone and hugs to those who are having a rough time.

hollysteers Sat 17-Apr-21 10:19:29

Good morning Mick and all from a bright northwest Lancashire coast.
I hope you don’t find fleas Mick, but have a nice day, just the job, getting out and about. That’s what we need to make us feel like a human being and not a hermit.
Looking at fashionable dresses yesterday, it seems the maternity look is in, which I think I will ignore whilst I still have a (slightly expanded) waist.
Strangely, heavily pregnant women don’t wear this style, so suited to pregnancy, but prefer to pour themselves into a tight tube so that the massive bump hits you in the face? I bought a cream ‘cricket’ sweater, useful as we veer between hot and cold days. Also a black cotton Victorian style blouse, high neck and puff sleeves, which is going back as drains me and I look like a school mistress out of Jane Eyre, but definitely modest!
Will watch THE funeral, the only time I can bring myself to put tv on in the daytime, royal weddings, funerals or major disasters, (which many royal weddings turn out to be...)
Birthday greetings to Shelflife, thinking of Iris, Cherry and nice to see my fellow northerner Urms back.
Hope you all have a good Saturday, will read through later.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 17-Apr-21 10:19:35

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate.
Do take care, Mick, I know it's so tempting to get out and about while the sun shines.
Sorry your DH has not been well Marydoll hope everything improves as the day goes on.
Welcome to the Newbies who have been posting and the Oldies who have re-appeared!
Not sure what chance I will have of watching the funeral this pm, I shall have my DGS here, don't think funerals are his thing! Apparently 3 little pigs are his thing! He loves the stories. I've just made my version of 3 little pigs. As usual picture is not co-operating!
Hope all those with worries and illnesses can leave them behind and enjoy life out there!

Beauregard Sat 17-Apr-21 10:25:06

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Oopsadaisy Have a lovely day and enjoy the chocolates ????

Nannagarra Sat 17-Apr-21 10:27:33

I so enjoy your pix, Ashcombe. Our holidays in Devon are taken in Hope Cove, a mere 26 miles from TOADS. It’s got me thinking...
Glad to learn your son’s at home starting his recuperation GG13.
Oh, harrigran, I do hope you and your menfolk have a better day today. ?
Granddog is such a perfect term, topsy. I have two: Holly (golden retriever) and Tilly (cockapoo).

CherryCezzy Sat 17-Apr-21 10:39:17

Good morning everyone. Another sunny blue skies day in the Gower ☀️

Not a great deal planned for today except watching the football. Early kick off for my football team today; yesterday's drawn match was a positive for us ?. The match will be done and dusted before Prince Phillip's funeral so I'll watch some of the coverage.
I never did get to hack prune the ivy yesterday as I was "banned" from such strenuous activity by my WP. I'm not entirely convinced that that was all for my benefit ? since the patch of ivy I was intent on tackling is very close to where he had jobs planned ?. He did have a point though, I'm still feeling weak.
Instead, I did a little of my non artistic artwork and garden watched. We had a visit from our buzzard friend, I really ought to name him/her now ?. S/he caught an innocent starling who was just going about it's business ?. S/he stood proudly on the lawn for a moment or two, satisfied with his/her prey then flew away with the kill. I really need to examine him/her more closely and try to get a photo, though efforts to get a photo have been thwarted so far, to identify the sex of our visitor.

harrigran, I hope your DH is in less pain today and your DS' wobble has subsided and you manage to have a good night's sleep tonight ?
Similarly, Marydoll I hope your patient improves and you don't run yourself ragged playing matron. You need to take it easy yourself ?
All the upheaval of moving EkwaNimitee! It sounds like you've been and are still up to your eyes in it. I hope you are able to relax a bit! Thank you for your well wishes ?

Thank you for yours Susan and Oldbutstilluseful, I'm getting there ?

Have a good Saturday everyone ❤️

Beechnut Sat 17-Apr-21 10:52:00

Wishing you a Happy 50th Anniversary Oopsadaisy and MrOops enjoy your chocolate ???

Blossoming Sat 17-Apr-21 10:53:39

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. I’m still in bed a# I had a really bad night due to horrible stomach ache. Have a peaceful day all.

Borrheid55 Sat 17-Apr-21 11:04:07

Good morning from sunny Kent! Marydoll sorry to hear about DH. I had a diverticulitis flare up the other night so sympathise. Got a bit frightened as my DH was at work and last time it happened I ended up in A&E! All fine now.
Had a surprise last night as DH was given the night off due to all the extra hours he did last week. So we ended up in Sainsbury’s doing a big shop - I haven’t done that for ages! And we had a McD for the first time in about a year! My DS has worked in McD’s since he was 16 ( now 42!) ,now an area manager for 7 shops. So proud of him!
Hope everyone has a good weekend and all the unwell feel better!

Purplepixie Sat 17-Apr-21 11:23:31

Good morning from a lovely sunny East Midlands. A few hours in the garden today and watch the funeral this afternoon. I feel so sorry for our lovely Queen. Sorry to hear about your DH Marydoll. Sending love and hugs.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 17-Apr-21 11:27:00

Good morning from the sunny north. Yesterday was glorious and I worked on my little rockery then had to find the tube of deep heat! Today I have sorted out the greenhouse and trays but have not planted any seeds due to the very heavy frosts we are still having.
EkwaNimitee. I wish you well in this new chapter.
Madeleine welcome and what an interesting post about the “yellow book”. A must for me.
Urm. It’s painful waiting. ?
Hope MrMaryDoll recovers quickly.
Lots of lovely posts and a lovely mix as usual. Best wishes to all of you with sore bits and sore hearts.
Off to get tidied up and will watch Prince Philip’s funeral for a little. Almost feel guilty for intruding on grief but he was certainly a terrific chap.
have the best day you can everyone.

CherryCezzy Sat 17-Apr-21 11:54:39

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Oopsadaisy ?. I hope you have a lovely day. Enjoy all that chocolate Oops ? ?
Happy birthday Shelflife ?

Thank you for thinking of me hollysteers ???