Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Sat 17-Apr-21 06:05:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright and dry start here in Brackley this morning, and also maybe cold out there .
Today, I will catch bus to Buckingham ,and then Bicester before returning to Buckingham and then home .
The plan is have coffees in both towns outside, also hoping the flea market will be on in Buckingham, plus also I want to purchase other things.
Take Care,
Mick

crazyH Sat 17-Apr-21 06:11:35

Goodmorning Michael, I’m not usually up this early....woke up with a nightmare .....the thought of spending a couple of thousand just to have the downstairs painted !!!! Have a nice day especially at the Flea market ...

Beechnut Sat 17-Apr-21 06:24:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Frosty on the cars and dry.

Lovely to see you yesterday Urms. Welcome to the new GMs and Happy Birthday to Shelflife ??.

I had a good look at my hair yesterday. I know it’s starting to get on my wick but I didn’t realise how long it was until I got the mirror to look at the back. It’s four months since it was cut, if you don’t count me hacking at my fringe.

I’m going to do some planting today and I’ve got homemade broccoli and Stilton soup.

Take care all and you Mick sitting outside in the cold. BeechNuttella said it was cold at the pub last night.
??

Dwmxwg Sat 17-Apr-21 06:24:55

Good morning from a frosty north Surrey. Clear skies so another sunny day to come. This weather is perfect for my DS who is cycling to Devon with his cousin, 220 miles over 3 days, today’s leg is Newbury to Devizes.
The boys have gone home, it has been a pleasure looking after them the past few days, they are at the age of self entertainment but enjoy involving the adults in their fun and want to describe their games to us.

I had a lovely catch-up with 2 friends in my friends beautiful outdoor living area with heat and tea and cake. It was so good to have a good old natter and we have pencilled in 2 BBQ dates over the summer hoping the easing of lockdown will continue as planned.

This morning I am visiting mum and dad and DH and I will watch the DofE funeral on television this afternoon.

Wishing all a good Saturday, hoping troubles and illness are staying away today ??

Ashcombe Sat 17-Apr-21 06:29:05

Good morning from a chilly, bright Torbay.

It’s great to find more places open now, isn’t it, Mick? Our local shops were busy yesterday and we have to hope small businesses can survive the enforced closures.

Yesterday, I was very happy to spend an hour at my beloved Little Theatre where the director of our (Boris' rules permitting!) opening production had suggested I meet a new member, who will also take on the rôle which had been offered to my DH. ☹️ We have to work on the assumption that DH won’t be able to make it here in time for the opening on 2nd August when we had been cast as the two British airmen in ‘Allo, ‘Allo!

It is always refreshing to guide a newcomer around our facilities and a chance to recapture the wonder at what we have in place. He was blown away by what has been achieved since the premises were bought over 30 years ago and now house props, costumes, a bar and a coffee shop besides a beautiful auditorium.

Details on our website:-

www.toadslittletheatre.co.uk

Thank you for the lovely comments from several folk about my photos yesterday. I enjoyed those posted by others and it’s good to see new people joining this easygoing thread. Happy birthday, Shelflife! ?????

Happy weekend, everyone! ☀️???

grandMattie Sat 17-Apr-21 06:41:12

Good morning from a frosty, but sunny E Kent. Promises to be a lovely day. We may well have the bifolds open in the afternoon sun ☀️.
After spending most of the day planting yesterday, today will be quiet with DH watching his rugger and I shall probably dip into the DofE funeral but not spend the 6 hours promised by BBC and ITV.
Welcome all new Grammingoes ?, happy birthday to those with birthdays. I’m sorry, my memory isn’t very good so unless I write names etc., down, I can’t remember names...
I hope that today is kind, full of sunshine ☀️, smiles ? and flamingos ???❤️

simtib Sat 17-Apr-21 06:53:58

Good morning. beautiful morning here and up early as have to go for my second jab.
Hello 12Michael I was born in Buckingham. Lived for a short time on Moreton Road and then moved to Thornbourgh for a few years. That was a long time ago so it has probably changed a lot now.

grandmajet Sat 17-Apr-21 06:54:40

Good morning from a dry, bright but frosty Nottinghamshire.
I’ve just re-read yesterday’s posts.
I hope you have good news of your son, GrannyGravy, you never stop worrying about your children, do you?
Urmstongran, nice to see you back. I see you have a scan next week. You will feel better once that is over and you have some answers.
I laughed at your central heating story Taichinan, you sound about as technically minded as me! Well done in solving it yourself, the next thing is to remember the solution for next time it happens in a year or two!
Not much planned for today. A little bit of cleaning, a potter in the garden and maybe the nearby fields. DH is going for a haircut, then to watch a grandson play football. I may watch Prince Philip’s funeral. I found a photo of him talking to my middle daughter at Windsor horse show years ago - she rode in the pony club games team, for England. If I remember right, the Scottish team won that year! We camped at the stables at Ascot - fun times.
Have a lovely day everyone, and take care.

Gagagran Sat 17-Apr-21 06:58:28

Morning all from a sunny, clear 0.6c south coast.

We are off to get the click and collect from Tesco at 8am and I will call for a paper on the way back. My weekly treat as we read online every other day but I do enjoy the Saturday edition with all the extra bits.

The new garage roof replacement will continue on Monday when the asbestos removal is scheduled and the builders can then crack on with replacing it. All the new materials have arrived and are stacked in our neighbours back garden, so there should be no hold ups.

I plan to watch the coverage of Prince Philip's funeral but it will have to be on Sky as I really cannot stand either of the main men covering it on BBC and ITV.

Nothing else planned but something may turn up. It often does.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

brook2704 Sat 17-Apr-21 07:02:48

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s another bright sunny day and quite a warmish 14º forecast for this afternoon. DH has some fence and gate painting to do in the garden so he’ll be able to get on with that
Enjoy your coffees out mick and your shopping
Thank you for the link to your theatre Ash it looks like a lovely place and hope your upcoming production goes well. Such a shame olddudders probably won’t be there just yet, but fingers crossed hopefully soon.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, even a little thing and hope there’s some sunshine to brighten everyone’s day. Take care all whatever today brings ?

Beauregard Sat 17-Apr-21 07:09:45

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's chilly with clear blue sky.

We enjoyed our walk and lunch yesterday, arriving at the pub at noon to ensure a nice table under cover in their very large garden area. They have an app to order and pay for food and drinks at the table, which we used, and the drinks arrived within a couple of minutes, followed shortly by the food. Excellent service! It felt good to take a step back on the road to freedom at last.

It was good to see Urmston posting yesterday, you've been missed.

Hope your son's operation was a success yesterday GrannyGravy.

Have a good day all.

Sar53 Sat 17-Apr-21 07:21:02

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is shining and it looks like a lovely sunny day is on the cards.
Welcome back Urms and I'm glad your son is ok GG.
I'm planning to watch the DofE funeral this afternoon, not sure about DH, and then there is football on which he will be watching.
Enjoy your Saturday and find a ? xx

Urmstongran Sat 17-Apr-21 07:22:51

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s already sunny. I can see the Pennines too which is always a sign of decent weather.

I bought some fabric bunting yesterday at the local shop that I love up the road. I think bunting is so cheery. I tried it on our balcony rail but it wasn’t long enough to drape properly. I pinned it on the bookcase instead and it made me smile just to see it when I walked into the main room just now. I decided it’s to celebrate the end of lockdowns (hopefully). I took this photo to share. It cost £18 (I’m a non sewer) so some of you talented ladies are definitely missing a trick! A few scraps of material and a bit of bias binding although even that would be beyond my capabilities ...

The church over yonder has a Union flag at half mast since last weekend. I shall watch PP’s funeral on SKY this afternoon. Their coverage starts at 2:40pm. About right I think. I don’t want the BBC flannel, guessing what everyone is saying (or not) to one another.

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Nannytopsy Sat 17-Apr-21 07:38:42

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Enjoy your bus rides!
Love the bunting Urms - I planned to make some for Christmas but didn’t get round to it. Maybe this year?
A lovely day in Suffolk and we are off to meet DD, SIL and the Granddog at the coast. It’s the first time since October so there will be Christmas presents! Also the first time since her ectopic pregnancy - eggshells to negotiate there.
Must get going on the picnic. I hope the day is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sat 17-Apr-21 07:39:46

Morning all from a bright but chilly North Leicestershire.

Lovely to see you back urms! And I, too, hope all went well for your son, gg.

We will watch the funeral but not the extended coverage as DH has 2 football matches lined up and I will read the papers.

NanKate Sat 17-Apr-21 07:44:35

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine but cold here in South Bucks.

Good to see you are back to your old regime Mick.

Simtib I used to live in North Bucks too. When I first got married we set up home in Winslow. Happy Days.

Off for a walk round NT Cliveden today and of course the shop will be open this time ?. Then back for the funeral. Sad day for the Queen and family.

NanKate Sat 17-Apr-21 07:45:04

Morning Kitty.

Grandmabatty Sat 17-Apr-21 07:45:09

Good morning all. I'm rarely up this early on a Saturday but it's a lovely day and I want to make the most of it. I have a dear friend video calling later in the morning so I shall get to Aldi soon. Then housework to do and a bit of ironing. The sheets etc will be put out on my mobile whirly.
Yesterday afternoon dd and dgs came for an unexpected visit. We went into the garden to try out the sandpit and it was a great success. Wee grandson was birling around the garden in joy. So I was glad I bought it. I've been working my way through the earlier Line of Duty series and reached series five last night. I can't believe I missed these the first time they were on. They are very exciting. Whatever you are up to today, have a good Saturday.

Nannagarra Sat 17-Apr-21 07:45:36

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the day looks really promising.
Haven’t yet read your posts but have noted Urm’s photo. Love the bunting and the Spanish bull (how apt)!
Happy birthday Shelflife.
We’re off to Bold Hall walled garden in St Helens this aft. It’s part of the National Gardens Scheme which, uncannily, was endorsed here yesterday. The present owner, whose interview I heard on Monday on my way to the dentist, convinced me. Higher temperature as it’s enclosed, wildlife, birdsong, Spring flowers and shrubs, plants for sale, tea and cake...should be good.
Have the best day you can everyone.
?????

Ellianne Sat 17-Apr-21 07:47:06

Good morning from our corner of Devon.
Our walk yesterday shows how green everywhere is.
Off to the beach later.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Pittcity Sat 17-Apr-21 07:52:02

Good morning from sunny but cold Colchester.
No plans today except for watching the funeral on TV. I have ironing to tackle.
Much love x

Grandmabatty Sat 17-Apr-21 07:52:40

Of course I should have said I was in Polmont. Urmstongran I love the bunting. I have some on my summer house.

harrigran Sat 17-Apr-21 07:55:23

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Yesterday was a horrible day, DH was in excruciating pain and remained in bed all day.
I did a load of washing but it isn't getting ironed, underwear and pyjamas are low priority at present.
DH wasn't eating so I had an interesting meal of pumpkin and feta cheese flan with asparagus washed down with some rose wine.
DS had been very wobbly during Thursday night so I spent hours talking to him which meant I was tired yesterday.
Enjoy the sunshine.

ginny Sat 17-Apr-21 07:57:58

Good morning from a bright and slightly frosty N.Bucks .
Enjoyed lunch at a local cafe with DD3 yesterday. It was busy but service was good and we felt safe and a bit ‘normal’.
Local food shop this morning, a walk and a rhubarb crumble to make.
DH will be picking his Mum up this afternoon and we’ll have an early( ish) dinner before taking her home this evening. We ‘ll not be watching the funeral, hoping to be outside , weather permitting.
Hope you all find a ?today.

Susan56 Sat 17-Apr-21 08:08:25

Good morning from Shropshire.

Thank you for all the lovely comments about M and Stanley yesterday.They are the same age.He came to live on the farm when she was ten months old so they have grown up together.

Today I plan to catch up with all the laundry and other jobs that need.We have an awning to put up on the back of the house which we are hoping will bring a bit of shade to the side of the conservatory??DH will be putting the awning up today with me helping as and when required.We will watch Prince Philip’s funeral too.

Hope your son has good news after his operation GrannyGravy.

Cherry, hoping you had a peaceful night and are feeling stronger?

Thinking of all with illness and worries about loved ones.

Have a good day all??