Gransnet forums

Chat

Is your mood affected by the weather?

(56 Posts)
Lollin Tue 20-Apr-21 05:56:38

Sadly I am badly affected by hot sunny days. Autumn and spring help my mood a lot.

JennyNotFromTheBlock Tue 20-Apr-21 05:33:34

It definitely is, I feel tired and have no energy on moody days, but when it's sunny I'm full of excitement and do everything that's been planned and even more, be it warm or cold!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 20-Apr-21 04:32:53

I think it is the light levels that affect me. So the depths of winter I could cheerfully sleep away, but now I’m awake at dawn and gravitate to outdoors or at least the conservatory.

Hithere Tue 20-Apr-21 03:42:32

I know it is not typical but I cannot stand super sunny days - overcast is the best.

Sunlight triggers my migraines so I become a hermit during summer.

Kim19 Tue 20-Apr-21 01:29:16

Warm, be it dull or sunny, does it for me. I'd be out in the garden non stop. I love the unfettered feel of fewer layers of clothes. Not at all miserable when it's cold but just go about my business with speed rather than the relaxed state of warm and spend much more time indoors.

nanna8 Tue 20-Apr-21 01:14:01

If it is a lovely sunny day, hot or cold, I just want to get outside and enjoy it but if it is dull I kind of feel a bit dull myself and have a tendency to hibernate. I think there is a thing called Seasonal Affective Disorder, maybe I have it.