Gransnet forums

Chat

The best days of your life?

(103 Posts)
millymouge Fri 23-Apr-21 17:21:27

Sitting sewing and listening to some old songs on the radio. Someone was singing “that these were the best days of my life”. Just wondered was there any time that you can look back on and say that these were the best days of your life?

SillyNanny321 Tue 27-Apr-21 10:41:04

The few years after I had my lovely son. Best ever!

Neilspurgeon0 Tue 27-Apr-21 10:43:16

Every day until i married, it went down hill fast after that

Ydoc Tue 27-Apr-21 10:44:41

When i had my mum

kittylester Tue 27-Apr-21 10:46:09

Looking back, I think I have had a lovely life (well since I left home and got married) but, in reality, there have been huge sadnesses as well.

Life is good at the moment!

Ydoc Tue 27-Apr-21 10:46:16

NeilspurgeonO i agree but unfortunately ive married very young and now 62 wanting out

dorabelle100 Tue 27-Apr-21 10:46:51

the first happiest day of my life - coming home with my first born, son - the 2nd happiest, coming home with my second child, my daughter and the third happiest my husband and i meeting up with her and her honeymoon husband at the Taj Mahal.

Nannysprout Tue 27-Apr-21 10:48:38

Certainly the days when my children were young. Mid nineties to early 2000's really. I remember one particular day when we had been on holiday in Weymouth all week. The weather had been glorious and the kids had had a lovely time on the beach etc. I had got a nice tan and on the last day I woke feeling the best I had ever felt in my life. I remember feeling so good and I looked the best I had ever looked. I have often wondered what it was that made me feel so good that day and i have never forgotten it, ive never felt as good since. Maybe it was the vitamin D from the sun ?

jaylucy Tue 27-Apr-21 10:49:00

Possibly in my mid to late teens when I really didn't have to think, or even really make plans or think of the future.
Especially the summer days when myself and friends used to meet up at a certain point in the village once we had all finished homework/ evening meals etc .
At the beginning, only one of us had a steady boyfriend - my friend only saw him at weekends but one by one we all had boyfriends at some point but we still used to have our meet ups .
Sadly I started dating someone who became my whole world and our little band broke up - my relationship only lasted a couple of months - he then married one of those friends , I married an Aussie and emigrated and when I returned, those friendships had ended and I haven't seen any of them since.

Elijah Tue 27-Apr-21 10:50:58

I suppose these are the best days! I have enough money not to worry, I'm not at anyone's beck and call. I have all the time to do whatever I want. I have a beautiful grandson and three lovely sons.

Aepgirl Tue 27-Apr-21 10:55:05

The most exciting days were when I was in my 18s/19s. My happiest days were in the first few years of my marriage - I was always happy in my marriage but, of course, the wonderful newness wears off after a few years. Now my happiest days are spent with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson - wonderful.

icanhandthemback Tue 27-Apr-21 10:56:29

Definitely my 40's onwards. All my emotional needs were being met for the first time in my life and I had come to the realisation that you can lead a settled, life without continual acrimony if you pull as a team, learn to resolve difficulties instead of scoring points and can say what your needs are without feeling so guilty. Life just keeps getting betterer and betterer!

Razzy Tue 27-Apr-21 10:59:34

I enjoyed 18-29. Best times! Lived abroad, travelled, had fun, social times, bought a house, got engaged, started new career. I hated being 30! Now I am torn - love spending time with my daughter but on verge of divorce from husband. When he is not here life is good!

Moggycuddler Tue 27-Apr-21 11:03:12

Best days now in many ways. But prior to retirement, oh - the summer of 1976. It was magical in ways that I wouldn't tell anyone about now.

Buffy Tue 27-Apr-21 11:09:29

Being in my thirties bringing up my children were the best years. Unfortunately I didn’t appreciate it at the time. ?

kwest Tue 27-Apr-21 11:10:10

I love the days I am having now. I consider myself blessed and very lucky to still have my husband and I treasure every day.

NotSpaghetti Tue 27-Apr-21 11:11:36

The l.o.n.g summer holidays from about age 12 to 19.
Just lovely.
Even though I worked through them from 14, they were the best.

Then, as an adult, I was lucky to have a big family with my lovely husband. Not a lot of money but great adventures.
?

NotSpaghetti Tue 27-Apr-21 11:12:36

Yes Molly 1976 was a terrific summer.

Nannashirlz Tue 27-Apr-21 11:13:13

I’d say that could be a few things. When my boys were still home. Even though you don’t think about it at the time. You do when they leave home. Also I often think days and times I had with my dad. I was a daddy’s girl and when he died when I was in my early 30s that was the day I broke my heart. Like I said too many to name for different reasons

Gangstagranny69 Tue 27-Apr-21 11:14:37

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tictacnana Tue 27-Apr-21 11:15:02

My days at uni. I hated school but it was worth it for those four wonderful years, the first time in my then young life that I ever felt successful, popular and accepted.

JanetOFB Tue 27-Apr-21 11:15:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NotSpaghetti Tue 27-Apr-21 11:18:47

Nannysprout I had that day when I woke up one morning to lovely sunshine having not been woken in the middle of the night.

I remember as if it was yesterday. I'd had five children and over 13 years, this was the first morning I'd bounced out of bed after a full night of sleep!

It was quite strange and magical.

Severnsider Tue 27-Apr-21 11:20:29

And me Molly - I remember the summer of 1976. It was glorious weather, we were young, free, healthy and there was plenty of work, fabulous music and Oh the fashions of the time. I remember mini skirts and white boots. It was a magical year for me too.

janeainsworth Tue 27-Apr-21 11:20:31

Same as Blossoming. Going to bed at night and wanting more days the same, hoping they will never stop
Same here Ellianne
I was too full of self-doubt & uncertainty in my younger days to say they were my best days.
Some good times certainly but as kitty says, great sadnesses too.
Now I’m just thankful that my health is good, DC are happy & settled and for the joy of seeing my GC grow up.

olliebeak Tue 27-Apr-21 11:21:50

Age 15 to 18 for me!

*Beginning to understand 'who I was/am';
*It was a time when I'd 'found faith' and that it was about 'being forgiven' NOT about 'being perfect';
*I found a job that I liked and was good at;
*I had good friends, no major problems and no major responsibilities;
*My perfect summer holiday was at the age of 16 and we went camping for 2weeks in Scotland. We came back home on the Saturday and I started work on the Monday morning grin.

Two regrets in life-
1. I didn't realise that I COULD have gone to Uni if I'd had the confidence at the time.
2. That, once I 'flew the nest', I should have gone to Scotland and NOT Wales (in order to remain close to a boyfriend who wasn't worth the effort).