Gransnet forums

Chat

The best days of your life?

(103 Posts)
millymouge Fri 23-Apr-21 17:21:27

Sitting sewing and listening to some old songs on the radio. Someone was singing “that these were the best days of my life”. Just wondered was there any time that you can look back on and say that these were the best days of your life?

tom16 Wed 28-Apr-21 18:50:33

My first thought was that the best days were my most energetic and seemed to have most promise when I was around 35 years old. I cannot remember what I was doing but I know my life had promise and energy. After that all down hill am afraid. Of course there is experience to show and live by but I think disappointment is what I feel most of. I had great expectactions of life which it has not delivered. Such is the luck of the draw!

KaEllen Thu 29-Apr-21 23:27:04

Ah yes, many good individual memories throughout life, but if we are talking about a period of time, two stand out for me.
Firstly, a year and a half, aged 18/19, deeply, madly, overwhelmingly in love; at the same time fighting to escape a suffocating family, and getting a first taste of freedom.
Secondly, a few years in my early forties, when the children had left the very demanding early years behind, and before my marriage went totally pear shaped; that was perhaps the most satisfying time in my working life too.

Now looking forward to retirement, and wondering what else I could do with my life. There must be more adventures to be had?!