Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-May-21 06:05:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and windy here in Brackley this morning , with some cloud as well .
Today , usual housework etc, and then have a coffee mid morning, before I get the bus to Bicester .
I will have an hour in bicester , before returning home .
Take Care,
Mick

muse Tue 04-May-21 18:19:31

Just popped in again to see if there's anything from GrandmaFrench yet. I know she's taking a break to do catch p with correspondence.

Does anyone know how Sheep is? Perhaps busier than ever on the farm. I haven 't seen a post for quite a while.

B9exchange Tue 04-May-21 17:54:23

Thank youHollysteers and GG13, it was a relief to finish it, I kept getting it wrong, and as my father would ask my mother when she was struggling with something similar 'Are you going backwards or forwards this time?'!

Purplepixie Tue 04-May-21 11:56:19

Good morning from a wet and windy east Midlands. Much needed rain ☔ for the garden but some of the plants look a bit battered. Roadworks outside our house today, in this weather. I feel so sorry for them. Knitting this afternoon, more blankets for Battersea dogs and cats home. Stay safe. Love to all who are suffering illness or depressed or just fedup. ? ? ?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-May-21 11:52:26

You are very clever B9 a beautiful jumper ??

Jaxjacky Tue 04-May-21 11:47:51

I’ve just had a load of furniture delivered, ordered but not expected, no text, no email to let me know. I had to ask them to put at the side of the house as I can’t lift it, hope it doesn’t rain!

hollysteers Tue 04-May-21 11:44:46

B9exchange I just love that little sweater, you are clever, I have no patience for knitting and sewing.

aggie Tue 04-May-21 11:23:08

Good Morning all, the sun fooled e this morning and I had to go back for a coat before popping round to the shop , then I had forgotten my mask so back for that !
I got my hair cut wash and blow dry for £25 , a bargain !

Nannagarra Tue 04-May-21 11:21:13

Hope Freddie soon recovers from his op.
Thinking of you Marydoll. Sending ? and a hug.

hollysteers Tue 04-May-21 11:18:40

Good morning Mick and all from Windy Ways northwest Lancashire coast. Have missed a couple of days so will catch up with all your news later.
This very quiet life is getting me down, all work and no play etc. Well not much work, just about to start another book by Dorothy Whipple, a favourite author, Two Sisters, which was made into a film, then off to post a book (its all books at the mo) to my sister in law just out of hospital in the south.
The Hoover is going to be fixed hopefully at a small independent shop I frequent and my son arrives tomorrow to pull out the dishwasher so we can follow the YouTube hints. Thanks LadyO for tip but I have tried that restart with no joy.
Spoke to a close friend on FaceTime and she has had her face threaded at great expense, aged 61, she looks 35 and fabulous! I might be repeating myself here.
I’m not keeping up with my usual maintenance as I’m not going anywhere but the charity shop in a mask...it’s depressing me now ?
Thoughts to harrigran, Cherry Marydoll the new arrivals, new babbies and anyone with worries.

muse Tue 04-May-21 11:17:48

Good Morning Mick and all. A little calmer and sunnier in Cornwall.
Take it easy and enjoy the company today Marydoll.
Urmston What a variety of prices for our hair do's. It's my long awaited appointment on Thursday. £30 wash, cut and dried. Usually just have a dry cut but want to indulge this time.
Having layers back?✂️ Taking the photo of my hair on wedding day, five years ago, as I want the same length. Same hairdresser did it then.
Enjoy the swim Beechnut.
GrandMattie It's lovely to hear about visits to care homes and nursing homes. I'm glad normality has finally come back for them.
Jax shock I hope the big click is good news too.
Ellianne I agree about the hotels. We missed out on our short break to Bryher (Isles of Scilly) last week to celebrate my 70th birthday treat from 2019. Roll on April 2022.
Another book sounds a good idea Oopsadaisy1. Take care.

Back outside today to put those plants in. MrM says car could be ready today. Then I'll drive 20 miles (minus propshaft) to pick up the rubbery thing for it. It's times like this I wish I lived near a bus or train route. Only done the taxi once into nearest town - £20 one way.

Had a good night's sleep. MrM and I swapped sides. Hip OK smile so it's looking like it is the mattress. Think I've proved a point with him now.

Hoping for some good news from son this week. He must be really anxious about finding work now even though he says he isn't. It's 6 weeks. Also hope they get news from the hospital about granddaughter.
????for everyone including those pets.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 11:03:56

Trolls trolling again

Shaniqgran Tue 04-May-21 10:47:56

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SusAngela56 Tue 04-May-21 10:45:57

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

EkwaNimitee Tue 04-May-21 10:45:43

Good morning, Mick and All from a grey, cool but currently dry Carlisle.
I started off the morning trying to change my address with various organisations. The DVLA has proved impossible, not recognising my postcode nor my address when entered manually. I’m on the Royal Mail database now, why can’t these public organisations update like the private ones have?! Had to email them in the hopes of avoiding a phone call which will probably mean hanging on the phone for ages and ages, especially as they have a strike on this week. Grrrr!
I hope you improve today, Marydoll and are good for tomorrow.
Take care and have a best possible day everyone.

B9exchange Tue 04-May-21 10:36:17

Morning all, it is really bleak out there, and the wind yesterday was incredible. DD came round with the new puppy and DGC so cats retreated upstairs for the duration. not sure I want to go out in this.

Do hope you start to feel better really soon Marydoll
Tales of haircuts amused me, I get a 'special' price of £72 from my hairdresser as I have been going to her for over 30 years, dread to think what her normal fees are!
I have finished DGS's tractor jumper at last, now just need an invitation to take it to him. Little Olive will have grown quite a bit by then and perhaps uncurled a bit!

Blossoming Tue 04-May-21 10:14:52

Good morning all from chilly, cloudy, windy Lancashire. Not raining right now, so we are going out! Yesterday’s aborted garden centre visit is taking place today, followed by a trip to the new B&M stores that has opened nearby. We know how to live the high .life here! Will catch upon your posts later, sending love to all.

Dogsmakemesmile Tue 04-May-21 10:00:18

Morning all. A good day to everyone. Made scones and have rearranged stuff round the house. We are doing a long drawn out declutter. We have no deadline. Stuff went to charity shops yesterday. All good quality hardback books. Three bags of clothing to clothing bank. Heavy rain here but forecast for improvement. Took part in a Teams meeting yesterday. So lovely to have interactions with people ! Have the best day possible.x

brook2704 Tue 04-May-21 09:58:45

Yep that’s exactly right stilllearning once I get on the train in London it’s a direct route all the way up the east coast and then a bit in the middle to Inverness ?

gillgran Tue 04-May-21 09:57:13

Good Morning to you all from an extremely breezy Cambs.,
after a wet day yesterday at the Norfolk coast, we came home to Cambs., last night.

I've only been away since Saturday, & missed lots of your news on here.
Belated Birthday wishes for Mick, Gwenisgreat & Nannytopsy, too.
Sorry to hear you've been poorly dragonfly, hope you are feeling better. All the best for Dexter today.

Safe journey home Brook, you've made lots of happy memories of your week with your Cambridge family.

Thinking of Mary, AuntieFlo, harrigran in these difficult times.

I'm sorry not to mention all in need, but I get names muddled, so apologies to you.

Warm wishes to you all, flowers

Urmstongran Tue 04-May-21 09:52:15

GrannyGravy13

I had my cut, high/low lights and wash, blow dry at a small hairdressers in my road, £110!! Nothing fancy, not even a cup of tea and a biscuits.

That makes me feel better GG13! ?

hulahoop Tue 04-May-21 09:18:50

Hope both doggies are ok after their ops .Good luck with your bank Quaintirene.Safe journeys to all travelling today .*Marydoll*and all not feeling good ? .it will be good to see Dd Harrigran .
It's a wet and windy day here today so walk looking doubtful .Take care everyone.

monk08 Tue 04-May-21 09:14:39

Good morning all from a windy Black country. Not a lot planned for today will make some soup have some sweet potatoes that need using up. That seems a lot for a cut and blow Urmstongran but perhaps you'll get a glass of champagne with it. Hope Dexter's op goes ok. Have a good all.

Pittcity Tue 04-May-21 09:10:54

Had a look at the hairdresser's website "Urmston* and guess that you modelled for the second photo down.

My salon is all newly qualified stylists who home their skills on us before going on to bigger and better things. They charge £32 for cut and finish and offer loyalty discounts on this.
A new mobile service has just advertised here and she is charging £30 and using your electricity and water!!!!
At least I'm saving the £8 DH used to pay by giving him a number 2 all over myself.

Sending a gentle hug to Marydoll.

dragonfly46 Tue 04-May-21 09:10:37

I get pensioners rates during the week Urmston but it is still £49! Spanish hairdressers are the best in my opinion.

Stilllearning Tue 04-May-21 09:09:11

Morning from S Lanarkshire, dry at the moment but very grey.
Very fed up yesterday but I made myself do some much needed housework and it did help.

Gingster I thought our surgery was bad but having to go and queue before 7am? That’s really bad, glad you got an appointment at least.

Sorry you’re feeling so rotten Marydoll, I hope the day brings improvement ?..

Safe journey home brook, you got the best of the weather for your time with your family, that was great. Enjoy that lovely run up the east coast (if that’s your route).

Cut and blow dry £45 here, I’m leaving mine longish for now but I’ll see: it still needs tidied!

Wishing everyone a good day; especially those feeling under the weather.?