Gransnet forums

Chat

What are your breakfast preferences?

(140 Posts)
sunseeker Wed 05-May-21 09:37:49

After the unpleasantness yesterday thought I would start something a little light hearted

There was an article on local radio this morning discussing breakfast preferences one man said he has had the same breakfast every day since he was 14 and is now 52! (Scrambled eggs with cheese)

Do GNs have the same breakfast every day? I tend to vary my breakfast between cereal (porridge in the winter) or toast but have a cooked breakfast on Sundays

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 11-May-21 16:02:01

If I’m home I have a pot of tea, glass of pineapple juice, small banana, chocolate muesli and brown toast with honey marmalade from the Kew Gardens shop. If I am in a hotel (remember those) I would have an FEB.

LadyGracie Tue 11-May-21 15:54:50

Overnight oats and fresh fruit.

Beswitched Tue 11-May-21 15:17:27

Usually black coffee and a slice of toasted porridge bread with almond or peanut butter.

I couldn't eat breakfast for years but would really miss my toast now.

Hellogirl1 Mon 10-May-21 22:08:54

I have bread and jam, or Primula cheese spread butties. Except when I`m on holiday, then I love bacon, eggs, sausage and tomatoes, with toast and coffee.

Kate1949 Mon 10-May-21 12:21:36

Just a boiled egg today. I only ate half of it as it was a bit runny yuk. I'm making up for eating too much yesterday.

Happygirl79 Mon 10-May-21 11:44:12

Homemade pancakes with berries and Greek yoghurt

Franbern Mon 10-May-21 11:32:13

Brekkie Oct - April is porridge, plain with semi-skimmed milk and blueberries, plus a very large breakfast mug of strong tea.
Brekkie April - Sept is Fruit N Fibre cereal with semi-skimmed milk and blueberries plus a very large breakfast mug of strong tea.

The mug of tea is of utmost importance. I use loose tea - and a small teapot. Everything for breakfast is set out the night before, on a tray on my trolley. My mug, bowl and spoon, teapot with tea in it next to hot water heater, Just have to take out milk and blueberries from fridge. Within a few minutes I'm stting in my recliner armchair, trolley at the side, tray in my lap, watching BBC 1 tv at about 7.30 - 8.00 am.

FarNorth Sun 09-May-21 06:09:14

My most usual options:
Porridge, cooked with water and a little salt, Engevita sprinkled on top, served with unsweetened soya milk.
Oatibix with mashed banana & blueberries/grapes/kiwi & soaked raisins & ground almonds & soya milk.
Almost never anything cooked, other than porridge, not even toast.

Breakfast is my favorite meal and I'm really enjoying reading what everyone likes.

Kimbowilko Sun 09-May-21 03:31:03

I like to vary my breakfast, overnight oats with chia seeds fruit and Greek yogurt, home made sourdough bread, cream cheese, smoked salmon, black pepper and lemon. Sourdough with fresh sliced vine tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil and zaatar. Poached egg on toast. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, avocado and black pepper...... I could go on and on......just love my breakfast.

misty34 Fri 07-May-21 23:41:55

3 cups of builders tea then I eat around 9 30 ish.
Summertime its cereal [varied]. Winter is porridge or toasted teacakes. Weekend a fry up Saturday or Sunday not both.

moggie57 Fri 07-May-21 12:50:57

i had today rice crispies/cherrios(mixed) with oat milk /stewed apples/and a smattering of coffee creamer hazelnut flavour .....

jocork Fri 07-May-21 11:21:34

I spent years commuting for work when I often had no breakfast but then stopped at a garage to buy something to eat as I was getting hungry after the drive. Now I'm diabetic and have to have food with my medication in the morning. Usually it's something quick, fruit juce to swallow the pills and either a banana or a cereal bar. I have coffee with my mid morning snack of olives and crisps. Since retiring I mostly have the same, just a bit later!

Shropshirelass Fri 07-May-21 08:53:45

I follow the ketogenic way of eating. I have breakfast, usually chicken wings, super seeded crackers (home made) with thick butter and a bullet coffee. Sometimes I have avocado and a piece of home made sugar free olive oil chocolate cake as well. That keeps me going until my evening meal.

BigBertha1 Fri 07-May-21 06:37:37

Mostly toast. I dislike breakfast but DH will lecture if I dont have any. Some days I may have Fruit and Fibre but dont enjoy anything just strong black coffee please and no talking.

GagaJo Thu 06-May-21 23:53:09

Two mugs of Yorkshire Tea. Although at the moment I have run out and am on PG Tips which I don't like so have to use 2 teabags to ramp it up.

Once a week I have brunch. Sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs, bacon (cut all the fat off though, don't like that bit). With two mugs of tea.

Callistemon Thu 06-May-21 23:25:09

Oh, it sounds more interesting now I've read your post, Kim19

Kim19 Thu 06-May-21 22:36:02

Yes I have the loss of 4 stones to be grateful to the 8:16 regime. I was introduced to it on here and never looked back. The loveliest thing is I never put any of the weight back on and that was eight years ago. What has been vaguely described here is what I did. Ate whatever I liked within an eight hour period and then nothing for the sixteen. I chose 1000 until 1800 for my eating time and it worked a treat for me. I steadily lost only one lb each week over a year. Life changing and I'm so grateful to the lady who brought it to my attention.

dogsmother Thu 06-May-21 20:35:47

16:8 is not eating for 16 hours and only eating within the 8 hour period. At least that’s how how I understand it to be.

Mak27 Thu 06-May-21 20:32:13

Kim 19 forgot to say I also have a little pot of Actimel

Mak27 Thu 06-May-21 20:27:46

Kim 19 I have hot water with lemon squeezed in then porridge made with almond milk, blueberries, cherries, walnuts, prunes and chia seeds, all washed down with green tea with lemon, pretty similar to your own. I have this every day and never tire of it

Millie22 Thu 06-May-21 20:22:00

I have the same breakfast and lunch every day. Breakfast is toast and yogurt and salad for lunch. I do have a cooked breakfast when we are in a hotel.

Elvis58 Thu 06-May-21 19:26:21

Granola,porridge,fruit and fibre, toast and marmalade.Cooked breakfast when we have guests stay every so often.l could not eat the same thing every day, how boring.

ILE35 Thu 06-May-21 18:39:25

Can I ask what 16:8 is?

diygran Thu 06-May-21 18:09:11

Breakfast is my favourite of the day.
Almost always have 0% Greek yogurt with a little no sugar muesli plus lots of mixed frozen berries or fresh ones in summer.
It has to be a very cold winter day to tempt me with porridge.

harrigran Thu 06-May-21 18:02:43

Two slices of toast with cottage cheese or goat's cheese.
If it is very cold out I will have porridge with maple syrup.