Gransnet forums

Chat

What are your breakfast preferences?

(139 Posts)
sunseeker Wed 05-May-21 09:37:49

After the unpleasantness yesterday thought I would start something a little light hearted

There was an article on local radio this morning discussing breakfast preferences one man said he has had the same breakfast every day since he was 14 and is now 52! (Scrambled eggs with cheese)

Do GNs have the same breakfast every day? I tend to vary my breakfast between cereal (porridge in the winter) or toast but have a cooked breakfast on Sundays

B9exchange Wed 05-May-21 09:40:23

Yes, I have the same breakfast every day, nothing at all, as trying to keep to the 16:8 diet! grin

grannyactivist Wed 05-May-21 09:45:43

Usually toast and marmite with a cup of tea for me and porridge for him.

I have two waffle irons and a Norwegian recipe, it’s quite a faff, but the results are delicious and a mention of waffles for breakfast is guaranteed to bring my sons home. Everyone has a favourite topping, but the traditional jam and sour cream is still my favourite.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-May-21 09:47:15

There is no way I could have the same breakfast everyday, I mean how could you?

I love porridge, wheetabix, toast with jam, toast with scrambled egg, poached eggs on toast with tomatoes, Welshrarebit with or without a poached egg, dippy egg with soldiers and a full English without bacon at the weekend.
On holiday I adore a leisurely breakfast consisting of fruit, poached egg, croissants, local pastries and copious ups of coffee (not all together ?)

Ro60 Wed 05-May-21 09:48:42

Generally a smoothie with bananas, turmeric, chai seeds, etc but always ginger.
Today my favourite breakfast; Poached egg, mashed avocado on a muffin. Since I've got both that need using & some smoked salmon I bought yesterday.
Treat time.

Lovetopaint037 Wed 05-May-21 09:58:09

At home always same breakfast. Oats covered in Alpro no added sugar soya milk, then popped into microwave for one minute then topped with a quarter of a tub of Fage 0% Greek yoghurt and a good dollop of natural Kafir.

hulahoop Wed 05-May-21 10:00:01

I don't have breakfast I am also following 16-8 .

Puzzler61 Wed 05-May-21 10:03:16

Weetabix with warm milk or porridge oats (not flavoured ones). Blueberries on top so no need for sugar.
A cup of peppermint tea.

cb1963 Wed 05-May-21 10:05:34

When I'm working it's usually cer for convenience, either Shreddies or Bluberry Wheats washed down with a lovely cup of Yorkshire Tea. However I do love a cooked breakfast too.

Blossoming Wed 05-May-21 10:05:49

It depends on how I feel. The first thing I have is my morning meds and a glass of water. I have to wait an hour before having anything else. I always have a big mug of tea, then either porridge or toast.

Emily49 Wed 05-May-21 10:06:19

No-sugar Alpen muesli, with oat milk and chopped up fresh fruit (pear, banana, blueberries...), tablespoon of flaxseed. To enjoy, but also to counteract the constipating effects of the meds I have to take.

cb1963 Wed 05-May-21 10:06:33

Sorry cereal.

hazel93 Wed 05-May-21 10:12:56

Can't do breakfast, simply don't feel hungry early in the day.
A pot of tea is all I want. Builders tea please.

Mollygo Wed 05-May-21 10:15:01

Usually cereal with fruit, though not always the same cereal or the same fruit. If we get
up early and walk then we don’t eat till we get to the café half way along. A bacon or sausage bun for DH cooked by someone else is lovely.
If we’re at an hotel (remember those days) I always have a cooked breakfast if it’s included. At one really nice and £££ hotel, breakfast was £17 per person extra.
We tried it the first day, then thereafter we decided to pop out and get . . . a bacon and egg muffin meal with fruit juice and coffee from McD instead and took it to the seafront nearby. At that time in the morning we had the place to ourselves, except for another couple who had decided to do the same. We still keep in touch today.
Sorry for the digression!

timetogo2016 Wed 05-May-21 10:27:56

I don`t have breakfast,i really can`t eat in the morning.

EllanVannin Wed 05-May-21 10:29:30

No prizes for guessing---from me grin

Kate1949 Wed 05-May-21 10:31:08

I've just had a buttered crumpet. Yum.
Some days cereal and fruit, some days a boiled egg, some days toast. I try to vary it.

TerriBull Wed 05-May-21 10:41:02

Of late, I love Greek yoghurt with honey and hazelnuts and fruit, particularly bananas that is my preferred breakfast nowadays. We always have porridge in the house, so occasionally I have that, not a great fan but it's like fuel for the body, it keeps it going, or toast with Marmite. I eat breakfast late, I generally have 3 coffees during the course of the morning before I eat. Sometimes breakfast merges into lunch. Unless we are away then it's often set times.

I only really have an English breakfast if we are away in a hotel. Somewhere along the line in adult life I went off eggs in a big way, I can eat them flavoured with other things scrambled with chives or smoked salmon, frittatas with chorizo, onions, peppers, but can't eat them on their own, not at all, they make me gag now. Strange! as a child loads of boiled eggs for breakfast.

Redhead56 Wed 05-May-21 10:41:30

Small bowl of lumpy porridge made with water cooled down with milk and sugar on top. At the weekend maybe an egg with tomato and thin slice of black pudding.
Once a month DH goes to Widnes and gets a piece of salt fish for me. It’s a breakfast I like on a Sunday I had it as a youngster. It’s something our shops don’t sell anymore. I love toast and butter with Marmite but no matter what bread I use it cripples me so rarely have it.

BlueSky Wed 05-May-21 10:57:47

Yes same for me every morning, black coffee and toast, I do vary the spread, marmite, honey or marmalade! grin

Jaxjacky Wed 05-May-21 11:04:51

Breakfast is about 11 or later, either porridge or weetabix with blueberries/banana/soft fruit/kiwi/prunes, at least two different fruits. Occasionally croissants, if we’re in a hotel that does it, smoked haddock and poached eggs.

grannysyb Wed 05-May-21 11:31:48

Sane for me every day , black Earl Grey and two slices of toast with homemade marmalade, DH usually has porridge, but sometimes Weetabix. If we're staying in a hotel I will have bacon and mushrooms.

tanith Wed 05-May-21 11:57:21

Bran Flakes or porridge with fresh raspberries or banana, cup of tea. Full English once in a blue moon on the weekend.

lemongrove Wed 05-May-21 12:12:29

I know a few people who eat the same brekkie every day ( I just couldn’t do that.)
Scrambled egg on toast, or porridge, or weetabix with a spoonful of added nuts and dried fruit, or marmalade toast
A bacon sarnie, or a small pancake with fresh raspberries and plain yoghurt.Those are favourite options, with now and then a toasted fruit teacake or croissants.I can’t do without food in the morning as some can.I also need two large cups of tea.

grannyrebel7 Wed 05-May-21 12:34:55

I eat the same breakfast every day at home - porridge, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. Greek yoghurt & honey. If we're away I'll have a fry up.