Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-May-21 06:10:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy and wet here in Brackley with the heavy rain forecast having occurred, it looks a little lighter at the moment .
My plan for the day is if its continues , I will not bother going out to do my usual Saturday routine , but will stay in , with milder weather temperature wise , a trip out to Buckingham and then Bicester ,and returning home to watch the Tour of Italy cycle race on TV are on the cards .
Take Care,
Mick

biglouis Sun 09-May-21 10:22:33

Good morning from soggy Manchester! We northern lot are used to the rain and they do call it rainy city.

I didnt go to bed til 4am so got up just now and wont be doing much today. Ive given up the idea of a photo shoot until tomorrow as I have more jewellery still to clean up and a box still to unpack.

More like a long slow breakfast doing nothing in particular,

CanadianGran Sat 08-May-21 19:30:51

I'm always late to the party... time difference.

It is nice to hear of everyone's plans for the day, it really makes for a sense of community here.

Working today, but the weather is cold and dreary so no loss.

Had a visit with son and family yesterday; they popped over after work with a Mother's Day flower and my favourite chocolate. Actually the visit was the best part, after hardly seeing them all year. We have had only one vaccine, but we will have short visits now indoors since there are no cases in our town we feel fairly confident. So nice to see the littles and their smiling faces.

Lillian40 Sat 08-May-21 19:18:38

I am a bit late to say Good morning as it is 7pm Saturday evening. But. Hi, everyone. It has been a very dull miserable day down here in Weymouth Dorset, i decided to stay in and get so many things done, and guess what, I didn't do any of the things on my list. I text my son and family in Suffolk, I started a new Jigsaw puzzle, watched Father Brown. Cooked dinner, I live alone and eat when I feel like it. I am now on Gransnet, I have had a very interesting and enjoyable day. Just doing what I want.

Marydoll Sat 08-May-21 18:57:23

My pleasure! If I can bring a little joy........?

Susan56 Sat 08-May-21 18:54:56

Thank you Grammaretto?

Ormond56 Sat 08-May-21 17:04:07

You did it again marydoll you put a smile on my face today?? Was feeling bit low today but not now.

dragonfly46 Sat 08-May-21 16:00:48

Still chuckling Marydoll!

Urmstongran Sat 08-May-21 14:32:52

Mick’s thread just seems to amble along nicely these days Dogs - morning just morphs into the afternoon some days!

Dogsmakemesmile Sat 08-May-21 14:07:19

It's actually afternoon now but I don't suppose people are clockwatching. Had a lovely spin round Melrose with my husband. Lovely to see the scenery and to people watch for a while. Grey and wet but I am sure the gardens need it. Dipping into the election news every now and then. Tea is something out of the freezer. Hope all have a good a day as possible.

Lins1066 Sat 08-May-21 13:01:58

Happy birthday Corner ?

biglouis Sat 08-May-21 12:18:43

Good morning! I run a small internet antiques business and Royal Mail have just been to collect parcels, so I spent the morning packing orders. Its just coming upto lunch time then I will probably spend the afternoon unpacking new stock ready for a photo shoot tomorrow.

Its a pretty wet and miserable day here (northern city) so plenty of incentive to stay inside. Saturday evenings I tend to just relax and watch Netflix or Sky although I like to have something in my hands. So I may well be cleaning up jewellery for the shoot tomorrow.

muse Sat 08-May-21 12:04:54

? realised my post says we have a 12" rhododendron. I did preview my post. It should have said 12'. I hate typing with my varifocals on. Time to put the contact lenses in.

Hope there's no side effects from 2nd one Urmston

Good to hear many of you are getting visitors or are visiting others.

Happy Birthday cornergran.

Auntieflo Sat 08-May-21 11:54:56

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
After yesterday's beautiful weather, it sounds as though we are all in for a wet and windy Saturday. I had thought I would pop into town, but have decided against it.
Surely it will be better tomorrow?
Happy birthday Corner, ?, there are certainly many May birthdays, and in two weeks time, I will be joining you all.
Yesterday I had lots more energy, but today it has gone again, so I will almost certainly finish my crochet edges around a couple of small throws. It will have used up all my spare wool, but then I am hoping DD will decide that she needs me to make her a jumper.
Thank you Marydoll, for today's novella, and well done for reversing up a hill and into a driveway.
Have a good day one and all.

Litterpicker Sat 08-May-21 11:49:40

Good morning Mick and all. Rain has stopped and it is brightening up here in West Sussex.

I had my last Zoom Pilates session this morning as classes resume in local halls from 17th May. It was sad because we have a chat at the end of each class and have got to know each other but the group will be dispersed across different days and locations. Teacher has promised to arrange some social occasions in the summer - she loves to bring people together ?

Marydoll you never seem to get a moment’s peace and quiet! I hope Dollie has recovered. It sounds as though she has her Gran’s capacity for finding humour even when she is suffering ?

Mick I hope the rain stopped so your could have your usual bus trip but at least there is cycling to watch.

Happy Birthday, Cornergran. It is my sister’s birthday today too - she lives on an island in the Outer Hebrides so we don’t see one another very often.

I must go and collect my bicycle which is in for repair after the rear tyre ‘blew’. I got a ticking off for riding it ‘soft’. My arms are too feeble for pumping with my little hand pump so I must invest in something more sophisticated. I don’t do ‘proper’ cycling, just local trips but I do love the feeling of freedom I get from it.

Hope all with illness and worries have a better day today.

Blossoming Sat 08-May-21 11:27:30

Good morning all from a cold wet Lancashire. Too wet for any gardening and I don’t fancy a walk! I have some sewing to finish, Mr. B is cleaning out the fish tank so that should keep him quiet ?

Beechnut Sat 08-May-21 11:14:44

That’s beautiful muse.

muse Sat 08-May-21 11:13:02

Good morning from a wet Cornwall. Just done a quick walk with Mya around the garden. We have a 12" rhododendron behind the pond and I was wondering why it wasn't in full flower. Frost as caught 95% of the buds.
Weather can be so mean and horrible to plants but it can also create beautiful effects. Took this photo 10 mins ago.

Had a text from my dear son last night.? I wish I had some lovely positive news to report about his job search and granddaughter's hospital consultation but I haven't.

Will be back to read everyone's Saturday news.

Take care everyone. Grab every bit of positivity you can and don't let go.

Grammaretto Sat 08-May-21 11:02:28

Susan56 sorry, by the time I have read all the posts I am easily muddled.
My message was meant for you and not for Sar who may also be confused.

hulahoop Sat 08-May-21 11:01:19

Good morning from West York's like most places it's very wet ?.Happy birthday *Corner *? . We are looking after gs later to give his mum some time in her own.?to all who have worried sounds like a few have had bad nights ,I got some sleep well tea and slept for a straight 6hrs which is very unusual for me .Take care everyone ?

EllanVannin Sat 08-May-21 10:58:36

Georgesgran flowers x.

monk08 Sat 08-May-21 10:51:01

Morning from a very wet Black country. Happy birthday cornergran and anybody else who's birthday it may be haven't read through yetflowers. Nothing planned for today if rain stops will walk round to shops need some more cards lots of birthdays in the next weeks.

Georgesgran Sat 08-May-21 10:50:43

Good morning from Durham. Wet and cold, but had my new gardener yesterday and the garden looks better for the rain.
Sorry to hear harrigran is having more problems. When DH was ill, we chose to 'keep everything at 'the big hospital' but it soon became obvious that dialogue between departments wasn't the best. I hope you get things sorted soon.
An old friend of DH is coming today to take away all his fishing tackle - I don't want it, but it will be hard to see such a big part of his life go. At least this chap and his boys will make good use of it and remember DH when they do.
Hope everyone has the best day they can. x

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 08-May-21 10:48:15

Good Morning all from soggy Harrogate - a soggy dog just got back from her soggy walk with soggy DH!! Trying to catch said dog with a towel - not easy!
Happy Birthday Cornergran
Have you ever got to the point where you wonder about technology? I have wasted so much time this week trying to get a tiny flaw in my iphone fixed. Been in twice t the Harrogate store who reckoned they could fix it under guarantee, but they couldn't see the problem. so got home yesterday and phoned the main store in Leeds (or thought I was). I explained the guarantee was nearly up, but because of shielding I hadn't been able to get in and am not sure if I want to go in yet. "Oh" said the woman, "are you in Pain?' I got yhe impression she had no idea what I was talking about - I sked where she was, "Portugal" was the reply!! I was 40 mins trying to tell her the problem with my phone, which i will have to said away for 2 weeks - I told her I bought my phone to use for 52 weeks of the year. I gave up!! I shall have to put on my big girl pants and go into Leeds. Next problem, next week we are going to near Penrith for a few restful days, but DH can not get his emails on his Iphone of Macbook, just his desktop. We have spent hours on the phone to VirginMedia. They have been "improving our services" which finished on Wednesday, then Thursday, then Yesterday!!! After I finish this, I shall be on the phone to them, or I can see DH wanting to take his Desktop PC with him and guess who will have to set it up? Sorry to be such a moan, Normally I enjoy a challenge with IT but this has all been just too much!!!!!

Hope Dollie recovers soon, Marydoll.
I agree, you should be writing your memoirs, there is nothing quite like the Glasgow sense of humour as we discovered. One day we were walking along Sauchiehall Street, we noticed 3 Nursery Nurses (in uniform) coming towards us, each pushing fully occupied double buggies. There was a lad working on a shop window, he shouted at the girls, "Huv you lot no got a Telly??"
DH and I have chuckled over that onemany a time

must g now an attack VirginMedia yet again!!

Have the best day you can, folks

mumofmadboys Sat 08-May-21 10:14:22

Happy birthday to Corner! I look out for your posts as I grew up in Somerset

Purplepixie Sat 08-May-21 10:02:50

Good morning from a very wet and grey east Midlands. Baking this morning and knitting this afternoon. Stay safe. ?