Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-May-21 06:10:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy and wet here in Brackley with the heavy rain forecast having occurred, it looks a little lighter at the moment .
My plan for the day is if its continues , I will not bother going out to do my usual Saturday routine , but will stay in , with milder weather temperature wise , a trip out to Buckingham and then Bicester ,and returning home to watch the Tour of Italy cycle race on TV are on the cards .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 08-May-21 06:16:46

Good morning from a damp E Kent. It is very cloudy, has rained and we have storm winds and heavy rain forecast.
Did quite a bit of sewing of my latest quilt yesterday.
I won a Premium Ond yesterday and spent it on some delicious butchers sausages and tons of asparagus for dinner.
Rugby all afternoon so shall be sewing and making an asparagus quiche for dinner.
Hope at GraMMingoes ? have a good day, relief from pin worries nd obbles. Unlocking is near! ????

Ashcombe Sat 08-May-21 06:33:00

Good morning one and all from a very soggy Torbay!

Today, I’m heading for Brixham to help with a promotional video at the museum, to advertise our rôle play gig there next month when we shall try to recreate characters from the town's Victorian history for open days. I’m required to assume the part of a smuggler, a common activity in those days.

I hope you can all enjoy the weekend and that the weather doesn’t put a dampener on spirits! ?☔️?

absent Sat 08-May-21 06:34:50

Good morning. How funny that your weather and our weather on the opposite side of the world are more or less identical today, although it is late spring in the UK and late autumn in New Zealand. However, I would add that we have been enjoying some unseasonably warm days recently.

Nannagarra Sat 08-May-21 06:37:13

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is wet, windy and chilly.
The forecast doesn’t look good so my planned NGS garden visit today will probably be abandoned. Instead I might, like grandMattie, do some sewing. How lovely that she won on the premium bonds and indulged in sausages and asparagus.
Thinking of those with worries and wobbles. Have the best day you can everyone.
?????

Susan56 Sat 08-May-21 06:37:39

Good morning from rainy Shropshire.

I have been awake most of the night.I read a heartbreaking article about a young man who died of an anaphylactic reaction due to a food allergy.It brought home to me how vulnerable Henry will be when he goes out into the big wide world.He is so protected at the moment always with his parents or grandparents watching over him.

Today I am having a girls day with DD and DGD.I think I need to have some strong coffee to wake me up and awaken my inner Pollyanna!

Hope everybody has a good day??

Gelisajams Sat 08-May-21 06:39:26

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where rain is promised. I’m up early this morning as I’ve had a bad night worrying about my depressed son. I do wish there was something I could do.
Saturday seems to come round ever so quickly. It’s a chat with my friend in Somerset later then I shall make in roads with my cross stitch. It’s very slow going. Maybe do some crochet as well. Thinking of all with worries and problems. Take care and stay safe everyone ???

harrigran Sat 08-May-21 06:49:04

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DH received a letter from his consultant, telling him his change in drug treatment and that his prescription had been deposited at a unit within the hospital, only problem is the letter is two weeks old. All yesterday afternoon was spent trying to sort out yet another delay in treatment caused by the NHS left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
My sister will bring me some shopping today so I will get to chat for a little while.
The weather forecast is poor for the next week or two, so much for spring.

Nannytopsy Sat 08-May-21 06:56:40

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
The promised rain has already arrived here in Suffolk and is predicted to last all day. I am sewing too, making a sundress for DGD. Last night I finished my stash buster throw, which used up lots of wool.
Which part of NZ are you Absent ? I have a nephew on North Island.
I think there will be lots of GMers looking for something to do indoors today. Keep dry everyone!

Ellianne Sat 08-May-21 06:59:32

Good morning from damp Devon and still no chance of wearing anything lighter. Dog walk, then packing for holiday next week.
Have a good day.

grannysyb Sat 08-May-21 07:03:44

Good morning from a very wet Teddington. Been awake since 5, decided to get up at 6 and have my breakfast. I will go back to bed and have another couple of hours sleep before we set off to Northamptonshire to see DHs sister who is not well at all. Not p

cornergran Sat 08-May-21 07:05:26

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey skies and rain aren't boding well for the planned family walk this afternoon. WhatsApp will be busy later. If it doesn’t change my vote will be for a postponement.

I seem to be a year older today, not sure how that happened, the last year is a blur of not very much. There are a lot of GN May birthdays so in excellent company.

I’m so sorry harri, you need no more aggravation. Enjoy your video preparation ashcombe, sounds interesting. Totally understand your worries about Henry susan, natural it seems to me.

Have as good a day as you can everyone, stay dry and take care.

grannysyb Sat 08-May-21 07:05:46

As I was saying! Not particularly looking forward to the drive, as DH can't drive any more it's down to me and the M1 is not one of my favourite roads. Have the best day possible everyone.

Elizabeth1 Sat 08-May-21 07:05:50

Good morning all from a dark probably going to rain day here on the east coast of Fife. I’m so excited as I’m off on a cheeky weekend to Aberdeenshire to see our dd and our two wee gds Oh these boases can make me fly to the Proclaimers song. “ I’m on my way” “I’m on my way”

Ive ordered a birthday ice cream cake for our dd who’s birthday is on Monday we missed her very special one last year because of travel restrictions and we’re going to make this year so special.

I can’t help thinking how lucky I am to have such a beautiful family.

Have a good weekend everyone we’re getting there at long last. flowers the light is shining.

Beechnut Sat 08-May-21 07:11:11

Good morning everyone from Severnside and guess what?! It’s raining here and looking very dismal.

I shall join you all on indoor things today. I have a few birthday cards to make for next week.

Fortunately my parcel arrived yesterday so there was no chasing up to be done. I do however have to chase up the firm about a fascia quote. I will leave that until Monday.

Have the best day you can all ???

Beechnut Sat 08-May-21 07:13:06

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday corner. ???

Nannagarra Sat 08-May-21 07:15:32

Happy birthday cornergran. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 08-May-21 07:17:01

Good morning Mick and all

Well it’s grey and raining ?☔️☔️☔️ A lazy day on the cards I think, only a quick trip to local butchers.

Happy Birthday Cornergran ???
Enjoy your weekend Elizabeth1
grannysyb be careful on the M1
Susan56 all our worries seem so insurmountable in the night, wishing you a peaceful day.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

brook2704 Sat 08-May-21 07:18:22

Good morning everyone from Inverness where the forecast wet weather seems the same as everywhere else
Happy Birthday cornergran enjoy your special day! ??
Nothing planned here yet today, we will probably take out umbrellas for a walk somewhere and maybe a bit of shopping. Your day sounds much more interesting than mine Ash hope you enjoy it!
Hope you have a lovely trip away Elizabeth
Sorry you’ve both been awake worrying Susan and Gelisa it’s so difficult not to worry isn’t it especially about our families .
Hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 08-May-21 07:26:56

Good Morning Mick and everyone, from a wet and gloomy Vale of the White Horse, still Oxfordshire, but we seem to get our own weather here.
Happy birthday Cornergran??and many more to come.
Woken up at 6 as usual by DDs dog, a wet nose shoved under the duvet always gets me to move over, then I give her her pills and then she goes off to wake the others up, but they all go back to sleep! Anyway Another lazy day until my Asthma improves, DD sent me a jigsaw to do so I’m sorted, but oh the messy house.......
Hugs for those who aren’t so chipper and a good day to others, stay dry.

Sar53 Sat 08-May-21 07:35:09

Good morning from a very wet Essex by the sea. I believe the rain is due to last all day ??.
I have my second jab later so we will need to don our coats and go out.
DD2 rang last night after her visit to the Dermatologist. He is pleased with how her face is healing and has recommended laser treatment on the scarring. There is another mole on her leg that he wants to keep an eye on but he will see her again in 3 months. He told her that she was one of 5 people that had pretty much the same operation on their face in the past few months. Not good statistics.
I'd like to wish Corner a happy birthday and to hope you all have a lovely if soggy Saturday xx

dragonfly46 Sat 08-May-21 07:35:45

Good morning from soggy Leicestershire.
We are going to have a soggy dog after his walk.
We are then going to meet friends for coffee, fortunately in a tent!

Happy Birthday Corner.

Gagagran Sat 08-May-21 07:38:16

Morning all from a wet and gloomy south coast but much less chilly.9.5c on my weather station. Think we are all in for a wet day but better tomorrow which is pleasing as DS is due to visit.

We are shortly off to get the click and collect from Tesco. Such regulars now that we don't even have to give our names as they recognise us, or the car. I'll collect my weekly treat of the DT from the One Stop shop on the way back and look forward to a good browse.

Always sorry to hear of concerns and worries about our families, health issues and other concerns. I do think it is a universal condition but that doesn't make it easier to bear. It is comforting to think that our wise and kind Grans are sending positive vibes though.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Gagagran Sat 08-May-21 07:39:02

Happy Birthday Corner! flowers

grannytilly2511 Sat 08-May-21 07:45:43

Morning from a wet ,windy and very dull Somerset
The weather has put paid to doing anything outdoors today.
Thank goodness yesterday was dry ,as we had lunch outside of a nice cafe in town as it was DH birthday..
Also had my hair cut and coloured at last .
Got DS.DIL and DGS2 over later for birthday afternoon tea .as they couldn’t make yesterday due to work and school.
Happy birthday cornergran enjoy your day .
Have a good day everyone