Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(129 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-May-21 06:08:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start , its been raining as well as well ehere in Brackley .
Yesterdays 2nd jab , aching left upper arm at moment , but I did get up there earlier than scheduled time walked straight in more or less , had the jab sat for 15 minutes after and left .
Being early came back into town centre and caught bus to Bicester for usual stint there .
Today , morning shop ,and I then have my blood test this afternoon ,and also fill in the remainder of the form the surgery provide, things like weight, and blood pressure reading having to calculate average for 14 readings over 7 days , i have the formula .
Go to surgery , come back and watch my cycle race on TV , which is also getting similar weather conditions to UK .
Take Care,
Mick

Curlywhirly Fri 14-May-21 11:33:13

Oh and a Happy Birthday to creativeness! ?????

dustyangel Fri 14-May-21 11:24:15

Happy Birthday Marydoll, I hope you have a happy, sunny day. ??

Litterpicker Fri 14-May-21 11:20:43

Buon Compleanno, Tanti auguri a te, Marydoll and a Happy Clickety-click Birthday! The hamper looks yum. The message from your DH is lovely. I hope you have a wonderful day ?????????????
(I hope Google speaks Italian better than I do ?)

Beechnut Fri 14-May-21 11:16:56

Happy birthday creativeness ??

Feelingmyage55 Fri 14-May-21 11:14:26

Buon Compleanno to Marydoll from a bright north of Scotland. Have a lovely day. I’ll have a Nosecco this evening to toast you. X

Doodle Fri 14-May-21 11:10:43

Happy Birthday Marydoll hope you have a lovely day.
??????? (alcohol free booze and calorie free cake ?)

Happy Birthday creativeness hope you have a good day.
Enjoy it. ?. ???????

Georgesgran Fri 14-May-21 11:01:09

Good Morning from Durham. Grey, gloomy and cold. Wanted to wish MD a happy birthday. Best wishes to Scentia’s DD and hope she’s discharged soon. Good news from Harri too.
New tyre needed after the pothole incident - so I’m off to walk around for an hour while it’s fitted.
Hope everyone has the best day and fingers crossed for better weather up here for the weekend! X

Stilllearning Fri 14-May-21 10:25:37

Still not read posts but remembered I saw yesterday it is Marydoll’s birthday today, so Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day???

Scentia Fri 14-May-21 10:23:01

Glamma the son she needs to see is at home I see where the confusion set in there?

Grandmafrench Fri 14-May-21 10:16:04

You were right first time, glamma - a girlie babe.

Grandmajean Fri 14-May-21 10:14:37

Scentia

Grandmajean
Are you using the correct brackets?
[ ] not ( )

Thanks, Scentia - yes am using correct bracket.

glammagran Fri 14-May-21 10:11:56

I am soooo sorry, of course it was a boy blush

glammagran Fri 14-May-21 10:10:41

Congratulations to Scentia on the birth of her new granddaughter. The photo was absolutely beautiful. Sorry your daughter is still in hospital.

Grandmafrench Fri 14-May-21 10:08:55

Good Morning everyone. Just a quick head around the door on a truly glorious morning, but wanted to wish Many Happy Returns to Marydoll. ??? Sounds as if you’ll be having a really lovely time today. Celebrate it all and have fun but do take regular rest breaks! In spite of that lovely basket of goodies, try to remember .......Rome wasn’t built in a day! ?

EllanVannin Fri 14-May-21 10:06:04

Good Morning All x A very Happy Birthday to Marydoll xx. flowers What a fabulous hamper---enjoy.
A greyish morning but the sun's trying its best albeit a watery one.
DD will be fine Scentia and jumping through hoops in no time after her B12 treatment. I can understand her eagerness to get home and settled with the new bundle of joy.

Oh goody, plenty of rain for Sheep's expanding farm families and lovely to hear that all's well with the "wounded "animals, so pleasing to hear. Excitement afoot with family.

Susan I hope there are some results forthcoming to quickly sort out your DD. Not nice feeling unwell and not knowing why.

Will take a chance and do a bit of washing, just smaller things which can fit on the maiden should the weather be damp.
Usual fish chips and peas later, with cod in place of haddock by way of a change. I might just have Jersey's instead of chips.

Nothing pressing on the agenda---I like it that way grin
I hope everyone enjoys their day and hope our absent ones are okay.
Take care and stay safe, have a lovely day you Birthday girls xx

EkwaNimitee Fri 14-May-21 10:03:33

Good morning Mick and All from a cool grey Carlisle.
Yesterday was a lovely day until I left my solicitor's at 3pm. We had a prolonged cloudburst just as I was loading several bags of removers wrapping paper into the supermarket recycling bins. I carried on undeterred and therefore got rather soggy. On the approach to Carlisle, the roads were perfectly dry. It didn't last long...we had an evening of constant very heavy showers, the rain viciously slamming into the ground.
It's been good for the blackbirds though. This morning they have been busy flying to and fro with beakfuls of worms.
I've a long list of jobs to work through today. One of them is somehow getting two heavy gilt mirrors downstairs because I'm getting rid of them, they don't suit my new style. I don't know why the removers thought to take them upstairs, they weren't in the bedrooms before.
I'm wishing Marydoll a very happy birthday. And I hope you confound those doctors to get more. A pity about no prosecco though!
Off for my mid-morning break now before my Tesco delivery arrives.

nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 10:02:32

It’s’orrible in Melbourne. Cold, wet ,dark and miserable. Wish I was up in sunny Queensland. Happy Birthday Marydoll, have a good one.

Jaxjacky Fri 14-May-21 09:58:38

happy Birthday creativeness? and welcome.

Curlywhirly Fri 14-May-21 09:53:43

Just popping in to wish Marydoll a Happy Birthday! Love the Italian hamper present - as you say Marydoll, a perfect reminder of your beloved Rome ????

grandMattie Fri 14-May-21 09:46:18

Happy birthday, creativeness. ??

Purplepixie Fri 14-May-21 09:45:31

Good morning from a very grey and dull East Midlands. Making rhubarb and ginger jam today and some knitting this afternoon. Happy birthday Marydoll - have a lovely day. Stay safe and hugs to all who are ill, feeling low or just fed up!

muse Fri 14-May-21 09:41:55

Good Morning Mick and all.

Just done a quick scroll through comments. Missed all your news these past few days.

It's been a hectic week with Mark, gardener, here. Raised beds will be finished today. Wednesday was spent filling the beds with 3 tons of compost (3 of us) in the pouring rain.

Welcome to newcomers and my birthday wishes to Marydoll.

Weather excellent today but forecast not so good for weekend. We might cancel our day out on Sunday sad.

I'll be back tomorrow with a photo of all our hard work.

Scentia Fri 14-May-21 09:41:24

Grandmajean
Are you using the correct brackets?
[ ] not ( )

Grandmadinosaur Fri 14-May-21 09:37:39

Happy birthday to creativeness too ?

dragonfly46 Fri 14-May-21 09:34:19

Happy Birthday creativeness!