Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(129 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-May-21 06:08:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start , its been raining as well as well ehere in Brackley .
Yesterdays 2nd jab , aching left upper arm at moment , but I did get up there earlier than scheduled time walked straight in more or less , had the jab sat for 15 minutes after and left .
Being early came back into town centre and caught bus to Bicester for usual stint there .
Today , morning shop ,and I then have my blood test this afternoon ,and also fill in the remainder of the form the surgery provide, things like weight, and blood pressure reading having to calculate average for 14 readings over 7 days , i have the formula .
Go to surgery , come back and watch my cycle race on TV , which is also getting similar weather conditions to UK .
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Sat 15-May-21 08:47:21

Elizabeth and Anniebach you’re on the Friday GM...

Anniebach Sat 15-May-21 08:42:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Elizabeth1 Sat 15-May-21 08:37:43

Where’s my post hells bells I’ve lost it! Anyway here we go again. Good morning all from a bright and sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. As said previously I’m still trying to recover from my galavanting two weekends on a trot, and overeating in these lovely hotels. Nice though it was.

Thinking of those who are weary and sad today virtual hugs all around I’ve plenty of them

Nannagarra Fri 14-May-21 16:27:15

Maw back - fantastic!!!

Grandmajean Fri 14-May-21 15:06:16

No idea what I've been doing wrong as did exactly the same as before and this time it worked ! As DH would say "Well, you must have been doing SOMETHING wrong". Thank you all - you are very kind.

Grandmajean Fri 14-May-21 14:55:43

Trying the bracket thing againsmileyes !

Beechnut Fri 14-May-21 14:52:14

What a surprise. Welcome back Maw ?

CherryCezzy Fri 14-May-21 14:51:28

Borrheid, sending my best wishes for your DH's speedy recovery.

Happy birthday creativeness, I hope you are enjoying your day ??. Welcome to the thread too ?

Great news! A warm welcome back Maw ????????

NannyJan53 Fri 14-May-21 14:43:24

Brilliant news! Welcome back *Maw"

Marydoll Fri 14-May-21 14:40:50

My best birthday pressie! I was so busy gallavanting, I missed Maw's message telling me she was back! Thank goodness HQ eventually saw sense! Yippee!!!

Gagagran Fri 14-May-21 14:32:59

Has everyone spotted the return of MawB? She's in the kitchen!! Yeah!

Marydoll Fri 14-May-21 14:23:50

Grandmajean, if you preview first, you will know if you have the right brackets! [ ]

mrshat Fri 14-May-21 14:03:26

GrandmaJean the 'smiley' shows up once you have posted the message! Hope that helps [wink}

Nortsat Fri 14-May-21 12:49:05

Good morning (afternoon...) Mick and the GM team from grey east London.

Happy Birthday Marydoll, wishing you lots of good things in the coming year. ? ?

NanKate Fri 14-May-21 12:43:40

I bet I’ve got some costume jewellery that would go with your outfit Mary. What time does the party kick off ? I shall wear my lovely new top and culottes from Kettlewell, recommended to me by Kitty.

Annaram1 Fri 14-May-21 12:29:36

Happy birthday Marydoll and any other grans who may have birthdays today. All those who are not quite 100 % or who have troubles, I hope everything gets better as the day goes on. I woke to no water this morning. Had to call out a plumber. Fortunately I have a Homeserve insurance and he was here within 2 hours, so I have just had a nice cup of coffee.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Fri 14-May-21 12:17:43

Sending best wishes for a speedy recoveryto your DH, AJ. If he is anything like mine, you will need a lot of patience!

Borrheid55 Fri 14-May-21 11:59:23

Litterpicker thank you. He isn’t good at taking time off work and he could be off up to eight weeks. As an ex- Grenadier Guard, I think he thinks he has to be stoic in the face of adversity. The next few weeks will be interesting….

ann678tifney Fri 14-May-21 11:58:21

Morning all from a very overcast and cold NE. Had my 2nd Va this morning and my DH has had his as well. Its going to be a long day. DH taken to hospital last night and send home again at 2.45 so didn't get to bed until after 3!!! Happy birthday Marydoll xx Congratulation Scentica on the birth of you DGD, I am sure once your daughter starts on her B12 injections she will feel loads better, I know I did and I know every 3 months when it is due again. Hope everyone keeps well

Purplepixie Fri 14-May-21 11:54:29

Happy birthday creativeness Have a lovely day. ?

gillgran Fri 14-May-21 11:53:29

A late Good Morning to you all from a cloudy Cambs.,

Happy Birthday to Marydoll, have a lovely day, flowers, cupcake.

Sooo many posts on this thread, that I'm always too late to post, by the time I've read through. Then I've forgotten who I wanted to mention....!!
Warm wishes to you all, especially those with extra cares & worries. flowers

Litterpicker Fri 14-May-21 11:39:13

Boorheid I hope your DH has a speedy recovery.

dragonfly46 Fri 14-May-21 11:37:00

Ooh PurplePixie I love rhubarb and ginger jam - you are not too far away to send some over?

Litterpicker Fri 14-May-21 11:36:31

creativeness a very Happy Birthday to you ??.
And also to DS of Gelisajams for next week.
Good to hear that the grass is growing and livestock thriving CattleandSheep.
Had a lazy day yesterday and when I did get going on some ‘sorting’ I made a mess with ‘little piles everywhere’ - a habit I scold DH for ?
Maybe we will get out later to see some bluebells before it’s too late for this year ?

Borrheid55 Fri 14-May-21 11:35:55

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marydoll!! ??????Hope you are having an amazing day! I wouldn’t bother checking the bank account - after waiting 6 years, SP is paid in arrears. I got a two week payment, two weeks after my birthday so it was March before I got a ‘proper’ payment! At least it’s every four weeks not calendar month.
Been a bit distracted this week, my DH finally had his cholecystectomy yesterday ( only waited 16 months for an ‘urgent’ op!) . He phoned a wee while ago to say he is getting home later today . In 29 years of marriage he’s only been unwell three times ( broken ankle, infected dog bite and sciatica) so he may well make a difficult patient! At least it’s done and we can get on with life without the ‘scalpel’ of Damocles hanging over us.
Have a good day all but especially Marydoll - lots of love from AJ! X