Gransnet forums

Chat

Cycle of Pain

(64 Posts)
nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 13:29:41

Harry Windsor’s latest description of his life at the palace going on about genetic pain and suffering. Oh my, he really rubs it in. How difficult for his father and brother to have to cope with public comments like that. Why couldn’t he just say it privately if that is what he feels?

Alegrias1 Sat 15-May-21 22:44:30

Blossoming

Gotta love Janey Godley grin.

youtu.be/aZhyFwLt9gY

?

Greeneyedgirl Sun 16-May-21 10:52:09

Don’t ya just love her? Janey Godley, ma heroine grin

grumppa Sun 16-May-21 11:16:41

He may have been sent away to school, but most weekends grandma and grandpa were in their country cottage just across the bridge.

Boz Sun 16-May-21 11:33:02

He is just cheap. They are both cheap.

Aveline Sun 16-May-21 11:41:42

They are not cheap at all. In fact they are very expensive. At least now they are paying their own way. By 'cheap' do you mean common?

Boz Sun 16-May-21 11:49:45

Yes.

nanna8 Sun 16-May-21 11:52:49

At this rate he will never be able to return to the UK even if he wants to. Silly boy and boy he is, not a man.

Eloethan Sun 16-May-21 11:59:09

I have never had time for the nastiness directed at Meghan and Harry. I do understand why they felt uncomfortable within the confines of the royal family and I do think they were not supported properly. I hope they can in time put all that behind them and I hope they find happiness and success in their new lives.

However, I think Harry is making a mistake in continuing to air his feelings in respect of the family in public. I think he is probably so incensed at the very negative comments made about him - eg those that deride him and point to his extremely privileged background and the benefits it has yielded. He may feel he has to explain that however much social and economic privilege a person has it does not guarantee that emotional needs are met.

The problem is, when we look at people who have suffered extremely difficult childhoods, such as Ian Wright and the many other unknown victims of severe emotional and physical abuse, people may find Harry's difficulties trivial by comparison. It is important to acknowledge your feelings and to express them in a safe environment - in his case, to do so in public exposes him to even more criticism.

CraftyGranny Sun 16-May-21 12:31:31

None of his views were made apparent before he met megan, except maybe media intrusion. He always seemed so happy-go-lucky then.

Alegrias1 Sun 16-May-21 12:33:12

Meghan

With a capital.

Madgran77 Sun 16-May-21 16:25:47

I tend to agree with you Eloethan. It's tge publicising of grievances and speaking on behalf of his family members and vague but serious implied criticisms/grievances that feel uncomfotrtably wrong. I hope that he can learn to temper his approaches very soon

Greeneyedgirl Sun 16-May-21 20:12:43

Don’t forget he’s in California now, not buttoned up UK. It’s a different culture.....

lemongrove Sun 16-May-21 20:32:47

I may do an interview about my pain and suffering, as a form of cheap therapy ......only the thing is, no bugger will bother to listen.angry grin
Oh if only I had a royal title!