Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
Beechnut Sun 16-May-21 07:25:43

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s bright and sunny.

I’ve got three plants to go out today. There is some weeding to be done but it can wait until we have dry weather.

I expect when we are allowed to sit inside for food and drink the sun will come out and we’ll want to sit outside ?

I should have put late DH Ash (I did tell him though).

I spent yesterday afternoon going through my clothes and singling them out for keep, charity or chuck. Lots of empty hangers.

Enjoy your day all ?

Dwmxwg Sun 16-May-21 07:21:28

Good morning from another overcast day in north Surrey.
Good day at work yesterday although I managed to get my computer password wrong and then couldn’t get back in. The plus side was that a colleague wrote all the notes.
This morning my DH has gone off to look after the boys until daddy arrives (usually my job). I am having an extra busy few days so he wanted to give me a lie in. I have got up but will just pootle for a couple of hours. Work again this afternoon.
Hope brook is enjoying her weekend break.
Have a lovely Sunday all

Urmstongran Sun 16-May-21 07:02:05

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry, I can see patches of blue sky if I look hard enough and can also see the Pennine ridge. We too had a tremendous hailstorm last night grandMattie! It was 7pm, lasted about 20 minutes and it looked like a Christmas card scene!

Phone my stepfather who us joining us for lunch today. He said he had rung family in Plockton and they’d had a gorgeous day, sitting in the garden in the warm sunshine. Mind you it’s on the Gulf Stream and his it’s own micro climate with palm trees along Harbour Street! Lucky villagers.

Hopefully it will be a good day for us all. Keep safe. x

Scentia Sun 16-May-21 06:40:34

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is a little bit sunny!!
Had a very short visit with new DGD yesterday but didn’t want to impose do only stayed 10minutes. DSiL sent us a lovely video of DGS doting on his little sister later in the day❤️?
Mick. My DH has been telling me how today’s stage in the Giro will be exciting so I should sit and watch it with him, I think yesterday all day was enough!!
Will drive to delivery DBiL birthday present this morning after I have seen to my Guinea Pigs cage.
Have the very best Sunday today. ❤️☀️

Ashcombe Sun 16-May-21 06:37:20

Good morning, everyone! Another soggy one so this picture seemed appropriate!

So pleased to hear that Scentia’s daughter is home. A happy time! All credit to your DD, Gagagran for volunteering. Welcome back, Mawbe! Sad news for your DH, Beechnut. Glad you had such a lovely birthday, Marydoll. You deserve it!
Your decision about your grandmother's funeral flowers made me smile. I hope the flowers do the same for you, FannyCornforth today after the sadness of yesterday. I hope you will stay well now, Auntieflo.

A couple of months ago, I found a piece of plastic in a yoghurt bought from Lidl. I emailed the company to complain and was asked to send them the “foreign body”(!) for which they enclosed a SAE. This week, I received a courteous letter, telling me that their analysts discovered it was part of a cherry stone. Who am I to question their conclusion? Or to argue over the £10 voucher which accompanied the letter? Thank you, Lidl!

Wishing a blessed Sunday to everyone! ?✝️?

grandMattie Sun 16-May-21 06:18:46

Good morning from a bright EKent. Yesterday we were forecast just a grey day, instead it drizzled and we had two spectacular hail storms!
I finished a book for my book group in the afternoon. “The Vanishing of Audrey Wilde”, enjoyable if somewhat predictable.
Watched the first two episodes of “Innocent” last night, which we had recorded. We quite enjoyed it, and shall go father next two today..
Nothing organised today. Virtual church; roast lamb..
Hope today brings a ? smile or two and some flamingos ???

monk08 Sun 16-May-21 06:17:13

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Some cloud but more blue sky than we've seen for a while in the Black country.
Have an empty today DH has a fishing contest, do say he goes to make the numbers up. Like you Mick looking forward to be able to eat indoors have a meal booked for Wednesday. Well will have a tidy round wash kitchen floor then find a book to read and put my feet up. Enjoy your Sunday everyone stay safe.

12Michael Sun 16-May-21 06:07:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley with some cloud , otherwise sunny.
Today , maybe a small shop, also will be apart from lunch , will be watching cycling on TV this afternoon .
Yesterdays trip out was OK , maybe the last day of having to sit outside to have a coffee , looking forward to being able to drink and eat indoors .
Take Care,
Mick