Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 16-May-21 06:07:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley with some cloud , otherwise sunny.
Today , maybe a small shop, also will be apart from lunch , will be watching cycling on TV this afternoon .
Yesterdays trip out was OK , maybe the last day of having to sit outside to have a coffee , looking forward to being able to drink and eat indoors .
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Sun 16-May-21 06:17:13

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Some cloud but more blue sky than we've seen for a while in the Black country.
Have an empty today DH has a fishing contest, do say he goes to make the numbers up. Like you Mick looking forward to be able to eat indoors have a meal booked for Wednesday. Well will have a tidy round wash kitchen floor then find a book to read and put my feet up. Enjoy your Sunday everyone stay safe.

grandMattie Sun 16-May-21 06:18:46

Good morning from a bright EKent. Yesterday we were forecast just a grey day, instead it drizzled and we had two spectacular hail storms!
I finished a book for my book group in the afternoon. “The Vanishing of Audrey Wilde”, enjoyable if somewhat predictable.
Watched the first two episodes of “Innocent” last night, which we had recorded. We quite enjoyed it, and shall go father next two today..
Nothing organised today. Virtual church; roast lamb..
Hope today brings a ? smile or two and some flamingos ???

Ashcombe Sun 16-May-21 06:37:20

Good morning, everyone! Another soggy one so this picture seemed appropriate!

So pleased to hear that Scentia’s daughter is home. A happy time! All credit to your DD, Gagagran for volunteering. Welcome back, Mawbe! Sad news for your DH, Beechnut. Glad you had such a lovely birthday, Marydoll. You deserve it!
Your decision about your grandmother's funeral flowers made me smile. I hope the flowers do the same for you, FannyCornforth today after the sadness of yesterday. I hope you will stay well now, Auntieflo.

A couple of months ago, I found a piece of plastic in a yoghurt bought from Lidl. I emailed the company to complain and was asked to send them the “foreign body”(!) for which they enclosed a SAE. This week, I received a courteous letter, telling me that their analysts discovered it was part of a cherry stone. Who am I to question their conclusion? Or to argue over the £10 voucher which accompanied the letter? Thank you, Lidl!

Wishing a blessed Sunday to everyone! ?✝️?

Scentia Sun 16-May-21 06:40:34

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is a little bit sunny!!
Had a very short visit with new DGD yesterday but didn’t want to impose do only stayed 10minutes. DSiL sent us a lovely video of DGS doting on his little sister later in the day❤️?
Mick. My DH has been telling me how today’s stage in the Giro will be exciting so I should sit and watch it with him, I think yesterday all day was enough!!
Will drive to delivery DBiL birthday present this morning after I have seen to my Guinea Pigs cage.
Have the very best Sunday today. ❤️☀️

Urmstongran Sun 16-May-21 07:02:05

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry, I can see patches of blue sky if I look hard enough and can also see the Pennine ridge. We too had a tremendous hailstorm last night grandMattie! It was 7pm, lasted about 20 minutes and it looked like a Christmas card scene!

Phone my stepfather who us joining us for lunch today. He said he had rung family in Plockton and they’d had a gorgeous day, sitting in the garden in the warm sunshine. Mind you it’s on the Gulf Stream and his it’s own micro climate with palm trees along Harbour Street! Lucky villagers.

Hopefully it will be a good day for us all. Keep safe. x

Dwmxwg Sun 16-May-21 07:21:28

Good morning from another overcast day in north Surrey.
Good day at work yesterday although I managed to get my computer password wrong and then couldn’t get back in. The plus side was that a colleague wrote all the notes.
This morning my DH has gone off to look after the boys until daddy arrives (usually my job). I am having an extra busy few days so he wanted to give me a lie in. I have got up but will just pootle for a couple of hours. Work again this afternoon.
Hope brook is enjoying her weekend break.
Have a lovely Sunday all

Beechnut Sun 16-May-21 07:25:43

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s bright and sunny.

I’ve got three plants to go out today. There is some weeding to be done but it can wait until we have dry weather.

I expect when we are allowed to sit inside for food and drink the sun will come out and we’ll want to sit outside ?

I should have put late DH Ash (I did tell him though).

I spent yesterday afternoon going through my clothes and singling them out for keep, charity or chuck. Lots of empty hangers.

Enjoy your day all ?

maydonoz Sun 16-May-21 07:27:41

Good morning all from a cloudy but dry at the moment Welwyn, Herts. The sun is just trying to peep through.
Am enjoying a cuppa in bed, especially as I had to go early yesterday for a fasting blood test. I arrived at the hospital at 7.30, they were opening at 8 am, to find myself no 7 in the queue. Luckily I went early as later there must have been 40 - 50 people waiting. Apparently it was the last walk-in session and from now on it will work by appointment only, our poor NHS seems to be under increasing pressure and now trying to deal with all the backlogs. I think I'm glad I'm retired!
Today we will celebrate our DS1 43rd birthday, it was 2 days ago. Our DIL is making homemade pizza which should be a real treat. I made him chocolate cake on the day which disappeared rather quickly, I heard. I sent it home with him when he picked up DGC.
Wishing you all a happy, peaceful Sunday, we are all looking forward to less restrictions from tomorrow, although it's worrying with the spread of the new Indian variant so we must all proceed at our own pace. I will continue to be as careful as possible.

BlueSapphire Sun 16-May-21 07:28:27

Good morning everyone from a dry East Northants at DD's. There are patches of blue sky, but showers are forecast again.

A quiet day in yesterday, knitting, watching rugby and reading.

Hoping to get to the shops sometime today as I have some items to return after my marathon shopping expedition a couple of weeks ago. Then it will be home for me.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

MawBe Sun 16-May-21 07:28:34

Good morning all and I am happy to say it has stopped raining here- for now at least!
I hope you are observing social distancing if you are out on the buses, Mick there seems to be a ring of reported cases of the Indian variant around the MK area, including Bedford where the X5 bus to Oxford starts and the Buckingham area.
I’m not counting my chickens yet.
Keep safe everybody.

cornergran Sun 16-May-21 07:29:01

Morning Mick, morning All. The sky hasn’t made up its mind yet, gloomy or bright. We’ve decamped to Cornwall for a short break, the friend minding corner-land tells me she is delighted no garden watering is needed.

Walked much too far yesterday, may have overdone the surgeons advice to be as active as possible, enjoyed every moment though. Very achey this morning so suspect a quiet one ahead with perhaps a visit to a near by garden centre. Beautiful views from our temporary home with squirrels, rabbits and more birds than I can count, a quiet few hours here definitely not a bad thing.

Delighted to read marydoll had a good birthday. That video will be one to treasure scentia, special moments. Good to see you back maw.

Look after yourselves everyone. Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

Pittcity Sun 16-May-21 07:31:15

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
Another quiet day. DH is volunteering and DS sleeping late and then returning to work. I'll catch up with the ironing and cook roast beef this evening.

Hugs all round x

NanKate Sun 16-May-21 07:32:02

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny very wet day in prospect in South Bucks

Our planned picnic with the family, that we haven’t seen since last October, has changed to them coming to us for an indoor picnic. They are in our bubble so all kosher. It will be a very noisy full on day. On their departure we will pour ourselves a drink and watch a recording of the Tennis Final in Rome. Phew !!

brook2704 Sun 16-May-21 07:38:49

Good morning everyone from the West Coast of Scotland where I’m sat in bed looking at the beautiful views from the window. I can definitely second that weather report Urms, we had lovely sunshine most of the day here yesterday, just some rain in the evening.. Thanks dwm and to all of you wishing us a happy mini break away, it really recharges the batteries. For marydoll who’s detective skills wanted to work out our location we’re about 75miles from Inverness on the west coast and not far from Plockton itself. I’ll give them all a wave from you and your stepfather Urms!
Today we’re getting a rucksack full of sandwiches and snacks off hill walking for the day right from the doorstep.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, even something small and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Urmstongran Sun 16-May-21 07:42:02

Such a beautiful part of the country brook. ❤️ the photo of the Highland ‘coos’! Enjoy your day it sounds wonderful.

Ellianne Sun 16-May-21 07:43:52

Good morning.
Cornwall just keeps giving, we have been so lucky with the weather.
Off on a boat across to Padstow today.
I hope you all get some sunshine and warmth now.

Gingster Sun 16-May-21 07:54:41

Good morning all and it’s bright and sunny here in Essex. I’m a bit miffed as we decided not to go to our seaside cottage this week as the forecast was rain, rain, and more rain. It hasn’t turned out to badly! Can’t trust those Met men/women. ?

It’s lovely to hear of some of your breaks away from home. In the highlands of Scotland to the south coast of Cornwall. Beautiful and so good for the soul. ❤️.

We have DD and family coming for a roast dinner today , so lots of food to prepare with teenage twin boys (15) who both eat like there’s no tomorrow. Little Gd , (5) , on the other hand, eats virtually nothing. Don’t know how she is so fit and healthy. ?.

Let’s hope today is good for us all ?

ginny Sun 16-May-21 07:56:07

Good Morning all.
We ended up having two lots of family visitors yesterday which was lovely.
Rain has stopped in N. Bucks so hopefully our planned afternoon with local friends can go ahead.
Wishing everyone a ? today.

Jaxjacky Sun 16-May-21 07:56:54

Good morning all from a showery S Hants, we too had hail yesterday, it was showers then sun, I think today will be the same. Cheering to see fans at the FA cup final, well done Leicester. Will do a bit of weeding at the allotment today if the weather allows and potting on in the greenhouse. Pleased Marydoll enjoyed her day and brook, enjoying your break.
Have a restful Sunday all.

grandmajet Sun 16-May-21 08:02:25

Good morning from Notts where we have blue skies with little white clouds. I hope they don’t morph into big grey ones later in the day as DS and his wife are coming for a garden lunch.
What lovely photos, brook and Ellianne, from either end of our beautiful island, and such a contrast. I don’t know where I’d choose to be! We are lucky to live here.
Yesterday DGS1’s football triumphed 3-0 to win their league. He is 9. DH says it was very tense to watch, just like the FA cup later in the day!
I didn’t know where Plockton was before but I just love the name - is it near Trumpton?
Have a safe, enjoyable day everyone.

harrigran Sun 16-May-21 08:04:39

Good morning from a grey NE, forecast is not good.
Quiet day yesterday with a brief visit from sister who brought me bread and a newspaper.
Nothing planned for today but I have some paperwork to do and I need to complete an online shop that I started last night.
Enjoy the weekend but do take care.

kittylester Sun 16-May-21 08:06:15

Good morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

The weather was a bit mixed yesterday and I suspect will be again today.

We have a mountain of stuff to take to the Headway Charity shop and have decided that, as the shop is in the middle of town with no back access, we should try going on a Sunday - wish us luck.

I shall leave a lamb tagine in the slow oven before we go!

baubles Sun 16-May-21 08:13:34

Good morning +Mick*, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the sky is greyish but I’m sure the sun is trying hard to get through the clouds.

Yesterday was quite productive, I managed to give away some rugs and cushions which had been taking up space in the garage and which I finally decided I wouldn’t use again. After my day in the charity shop on Friday when I once again realised that so much of what we’re given had been someone’s treasured possessions I’m determined not to hang onto ‘things just in case’.

Today will be quieter, a garden centre visit is on the cards as DH would like another climber of some sort to fill a space at the fence, we may just have coffee and cake while we’re there.

Going to catch up with everyone’s news later. Wishing everyone a peaceful day, hopefully with a flamingo or two thrown in. ??

Grammaretto Sun 16-May-21 08:18:25

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is cold but hope when the sun comes out and I've had some breakfast....
I have run out of milk so am waiting for the shops to open.
I had a clash of zoom s last night and had to leave a concert to speak to my family but it was worth it. DGS in NZ has been on a fabulous underwater adventure so there was a lot to enjoy..

Thanks for the photos brookand Ellianne Our Islands are truly beautiful. Scentia what joy smile

I wonder if Lidl tell all their unhappy customers the same thing Ashcombe I would be sceptical. I assume you can tell the difference between a cherry stone and a piece of plastic?.
wink

I mowed the grass yesterday and next week I shall be feeding a semi wildcat for a family who are getting away to the Western Isles.

If you are put off by weather or forecasts Gingster you could never live in Scotland grin

Happy Sunday one and all.