Gransnet forums

Chat

lets get out and about on Monday

(93 Posts)
infoman Sun 16-May-21 06:37:33

day time
and spend some of the money we have not been able to spend in the last few months.

NotSpaghetti Mon 17-May-21 13:41:39

Homefarm and Buntie, thinking of you both.
I hope that both of you are feeling a bit more comfortable in a few weeks.

It's a 1st world thing, missing holidays, meals out etc - sending you virtual hugs.
My husband took redundancy during the first wave. We are still ok but have a much smaller disposable income. But it was a choice still.
Thinking of you and others.

Alioop Mon 17-May-21 13:43:50

Here in N.Ireland we still have to sit outside, in all weathers, for another week (not that I've done it). I'll be staying home with the dog for another wee while.

jocork Mon 17-May-21 14:28:44

I'm going out to dinner tonight with some friends. One of them celebrated her 70th birthday yesterday with her family and it's a follow on to that for a few friends. Being a Monday I hope it won't be too busy as looking at the weather I think we'll be enjoying it indoors! I wasn't in a rush to eat out outside as it has not been the best weather so I think it will be my first meal out since October. I have had a few take-aways but when you live alone eating out with friends is a real treat.

Aveline Mon 17-May-21 14:51:20

Just back from an absolutely delicious lunch in Cote. Asparagus, sea bass and chocolate mousse. All washed down with a nice glass if wine. DH had a steak and chips and little peas with shallots and croutons. Soooo yummy.

grandtanteJE65 Mon 17-May-21 15:06:13

I hope you have all enjoyed yourselves!

We are busily planning a short camping trip when the weather finally improves, (if it ever does) and we have both had our second vaccinations.

Aveline Mon 17-May-21 15:12:04

Rose56 - I love Aquafit too and gave missed it so much. Sadly I'll be missing it for ages now due to hip replacement op in July and recovery time after that. You have a great time though. I'll think of you ?!

B9exchange Mon 17-May-21 15:20:18

Had to wait in for freezer repair man today, but meal out with friends booked for Friday, off on Sunday to a hotel for three nights, lunch with different friends the following Friday, we are going to try and do our bit! grin

Aepgirl Mon 17-May-21 16:04:32

I had a cup of tea and a sausage roll inside a friend’s house today - far better than rushing to the shops!

Jaxie Mon 17-May-21 17:42:33

Given the disastrous effects of the government’s “Eat out to help out” scheme, which was considerably responsible for the spread of COVID I’m surprised so many people are keen to mingle in close proximity to others inside restaurants.

Greeneyedgirl Mon 17-May-21 17:59:02

A healthy economy depends on healthy people. Let’s hope we are in a better place now than when the eat out to help out was encouraged. Time will tell.

Aveline Mon 17-May-21 18:06:08

I thought that it was returning holidaymakers who led to the increase in numbers last summer. They introduced new variants.

EllanVannin Mon 17-May-21 18:08:17

Cabbage, bacon and new pots---then in the garden all afternoon with my neighbour. Our tongues are sunburnt as we haven't stopped talking. It's been great, no rush, no shops.

muse Mon 17-May-21 18:12:47

Today has been the same as the last ??? Mondays. The weather was good so started to plant out veggies.

I looking forward to my Pilates class on Thursday though. I usually stop for a chat with a few of the others.

Fanny I was worried about my best buddy who had her 2nd one last week. With the first, she was rushed into A&E. Very poorly but 2nd one, nothing apart from a headache for 24 hrs. Try not to worry too much. Hope it all goes well.

Urmstongran Mon 17-May-21 18:21:46

We were here today at 2pm. Bevano Lounge. (Named After Nye Bevan as it was here in Urmston that the first NHS hospital was opened, Park Hospital as was. I worked at that hospital for over 35 years. Proud to say too, no charges have ever been made in the car parks there for hospital patients.

Anyway, back to the Loungers Bar. Socially distanced, but buzzing with smiley faces and music. We sat upstairs on the mezzanine - bit quieter while I get my confidence back - see 2nd photo.

I enjoyed mac & cheese and a couple of glasses of delicious chilled white wine. We didn’t have far to wobble home as the entrance to our apartments is right next door so out we went then fobbed ourselves in and up in the lift.

A wonderful couple of hours - back to some degree of normality. Masks worn until we sat down, friendly staff. No queuing allowed at the bar any more, just wait for a table and be served. Reminds me of sitting in Spain actually. Much better! Smart phones very handy for ordering from the menu and paying, but not essential.

It was good to be INSIDE and to enjoy getting back to normal. I felt completely safe. ??

Jaxjacky Mon 17-May-21 19:22:10

We’ve just, 45 minutes ago, got back from our local pub. So good to see people we know and chat outside. Inside is booked tables, masked until sitting down, tables spaced apart,one way system from outside to in. Caught up with people’s news, a window of normality.

Shropshirelass Tue 18-May-21 09:33:33

Starting off with a hospital appointment with my DH, one of three this week. Sounds like fun!!! I am meeting a dear friend for coffee too, that will be lovely.

Urmstongran Tue 18-May-21 12:56:40

?