Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another *Soops* kitchen for all us like minded people

(1001 Posts)
Galen Sat 29-May-21 20:52:52

I found the key that soop left.
I must complain that getting down to retrieve keys then getting up again is very tricky! Please leave them in a more accessible place in future.
Anyway here’s a bottle of Dom Perignon and a large iced bowl of caviar to open the kitchen!
( we’re going posh this time!

Grandmafrench Sun 13-Jun-21 23:04:06

So pleased that I've come in at the end of the updates from Doodle since the news has been putting both my health and temper at risk. ? You can all imagine just how I feel about the inhumane treatment which is so easily handed out to both patient and close relative - if it means that someone somewhere feels better for having the power to do that.

I can't think for a moment why anyone would consider half an hour constitutes a proper visit. And accompanied to and from his room? Does this thoroughly responsible woman steal the cutlery or pillowcases? Is it a hospital or a prison?

It seems such a mass of contradictions. If dear Mr P has a reasonable prognosis then Panache's presence and reassurance for him for a good part of his day must be vital to his well-being. If the outlook is grave, then she certainly needs to be with him. It would be undeniably cruel to both the patient and his dear Wife that her presence should be denied him at the end of life. If he was now in a Hospice, he would be given almost anything he wanted to improve his last days. His Wife or his family would be able to spend any time they wished without any fuss, and fully supported by the staff, to ensure that he was comfortable and never alone.

So what is the point in having a bed in a room in a cancer hospital with one to one care, with hospital rules saying that he should be virtually isolated? Well done you, Panache. You said you would not be ignored or isolated when he was last taken to hospital. You have fought so long and hard whilst battling your own illness to ensure that your dear man is not neglected. The 'burden' of his care has fallen mostly to you - the Health Service has been guilty of so much neglect. It must be hell for you now to have to waste your small reserves of strength and energy on actually fighting for every moment, firstly to get him proper care and then to ensure that you stay together. But you've come so far, so don't stop now. I'm praying hard that he will now get the care he needs and that you are listened to. You must know that we are all shouting from our hearts that things will at last be slightly easier, but also that you will spend precious time with him and when he needs you most. Sending you love and hope, both of you. ??

So very sorry about your Brother kitty. I hope that when he has been properly assessed and a little time has passed, you and his family will have better and more positive news.

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and the heat doesn't disturb you. It's been very very hot here today with what little wind coming from North Africa. I went to (bravely) help my DH wind up a hose pipe and dropped it because it was too hot to hold. 38 degrees. I say bravely because those blasted microscopic bitey things are still all around, but I made myself feel lots better this morning by some aimless swimming in the pool and I'm scratching a lot less. Tomorrow I shall visit the Pharmacy and have an in-depth discussion on the latest weaponry to rid the world of any insects that bite. If it exists...I shall be buying it !

Night night lovely peeps. Night night, dear soop - hopefully this week to be removed from isolation courtesy of those incompetent fools engineering wizards at BT, and allowed to return to run her Kitchen again (until the next time, of course!)

Tomorrow's another day. Let's make it a good one.
?‍♀️French Hugs xx

cornergran Sun 13-Jun-21 23:54:42

Thank you doodle for passing on messages from panache. Thank goodness for the Family Liaison Officer. My love to Mr and Mrs Panache, covid regulations do seem to vary from hospital to hospital, this is so hard for you both.

I’m so sorry your brother has had a brain bleed kitty, you must be more than worried.

It’s been bordering boiling here today, I don’t complain, sunshine is always welcome. There has been much sitting in the garden with cold drinks. With paella for our evening meal we could have been anywhere other than where we are.

Off to the beach in the morning, hope Soop, will be back whe. I am.

Sleep well everyone, TOYA.

muse Mon 14-Jun-21 00:09:25

Thank you for the update Doodle. Once a day is much improved on once a week. There must be some reason for the accompaniment but I do hope the Family Liaison Officer will soon be able let Panache stay longer for half and hour.

Hope it's good news for you tomorrow Kitty. ???

Also ??for soop tomorrow. BT person - please connect what you have to and as quickly and thoroughly as possible.?

Good luck at the Pharmacy Grandmafrench.

Enjoyed relaxing in the shade today. Only activity was cutting down some bamboo - which will be supporting the beans and tomatoes tomorrow. Lunch time chat with darling daughter who had a NHS app text at midnight to say she must self isolate. She's traced it and it appears to be from when she met a friend for a drink last Tuesday. They sat outside the pub as was everyone else.? She's tested and is negative but must stay at home till next Friday.

Not a very good evening. I opened a GN pm sent to me this afternoon which has upset shocked me. I will reply.

Early to rise tomorrow as it's the groundwork partnership's first day with us. 8:00am start.

Sleep well and and I hope it's a plain sailing day ⛵️ for all. No rollercoaster rides ?

muse Mon 14-Jun-21 01:47:57

Doodle. I’d be grateful if you’d let Panache know that she and MrP are in my thoughts. Hope she is beginning to feel a little less anxious. ?. Thank you.

soop Mon 14-Jun-21 11:52:37

Dearest Kitcheners, I be back. For how long? There is no telling. Talk about buggerations in abundance. Well, best not and say we did.

Thank you dear Baggs for stepping in and passing on my withering messages.

No way can I catch up for a wee while. Emails by the trillion! Facebook messages that will have to wait.

Suffice to say that for the moment, I am happy to be amongst you lovely lot. Please be patient with me. smile

Grandmabatty Mon 14-Jun-21 12:36:50

I'm very happy to see you Soop. A quick post while the boy naps. Love to Panache and her dear husband.

Charleygirl5 Mon 14-Jun-21 12:41:16

So pleased to see you have returned to the land of the sweltering living soop. You should be on BT's freebie list for life having had so many buggerations mostly caused by them.

Take your time- we have been racing through each day. I hope Fern has returned to fill her tum and maybe sunbathe near her luxurious "hotel".
Please take care.

Jaxjacky Mon 14-Jun-21 13:02:33

Big welcome back soop won’t even ask for the feeble excuses this time, you have lots of catching up to do.

Susan56 Mon 14-Jun-21 13:25:42

Welcome back soop???

annodomini Mon 14-Jun-21 14:08:50

Good to have you back on line, soop. There are rumours that BT might be a takeover target. Would that make it better or worse?
I went to the garden centre this morning and have come back wheezing and sneezing, despite my usually effective medication. Will I never learn?
Grandmafrance, if you ever do find a deterrent for your biting insects, do let us into the secret as they might be related to the notorious Scottish midges. My Dad used to swear by pipe smoke.

mrshat Mon 14-Jun-21 14:20:18

So sorry to hear the news of your brother kitty. Fingers crossed that the cause of the infection will be found and dealt with asap and that he makes a good recovery from the stroke. flowers

Love and prayers to Panache and her husband.

Welcome back soop - as they say, 'less said, soonest mended' ... wink

Blossoming Mon 14-Jun-21 14:28:12

How wonderful to see you Soop, hope you’re here for a long time yet.

soop Mon 14-Jun-21 14:39:48

Your kind words have brought tears to my eyes.

I have to confess that the drop bot is horrendous and I wish that I could show you what the hideous thing looks like. Mr Soop has photographed it. A further appointment with the surgeon on Friday. I need reassuring that something radical can be done to correct it.

I am about to try to recap on your latest happenings. It appears that the Panaches have had yet more frustrations to cope with.

Back soonish.

Nannytopsy Mon 14-Jun-21 14:53:06

Welcome back soop! I’m so sorry you are having dropbot problems and do hope something can be done.
Love and prayers to the Panaches.
Have you reported your PM muse?
I’m off on the hunt for climbing French beans. I have the canes ready and waiting but my seeds are no shows.
Enjoy your afternoon. X

soop Mon 14-Jun-21 15:07:12

Thank you dear Doodle for keeping us updated regarding Panache and the latest trauma regarding visiting times. Thank goodness that there has been a review of the situation and Panache can be with her husband for half an hour every day. Surely, when circumstances demand and deserve a common sense approach, rules can be relaxed accordingly.
My love to two special people. flowers

Grandmafrench I was shocked by the sad news that you shared with us recently. Your words are very wise.

I enjoyed all the lovely photographs. Thank you for sharing.

Fern has called once since I was last with you. She stayed over in the apartment. Walked into the utility room in the morning and five meals later wandered away into the forest. Naturally, we were delighted to have her company even though it was for a mere couple of hours. She is, after all, a free spirit.

A lady in the village has asked me to paint a water colour of a pretty dog seated on the beach. It is to be given to another lady for a special birthday gift. I have one week in which to produce a masterpiece. hmm

soop Mon 14-Jun-21 15:09:12

muse Report the offensive message forthwith. angry

Puzzler61 Mon 14-Jun-21 16:21:55

Hi soop ?, so good to be in your company again but sorry you are enduring further dropbot problems.

An offensive pm that has upset you muse ! Disgraceful and you must report it to HQ.

Are the midge bites easing off Grandmafrench ? -unsocial little blighters. ?

My aim today is to keep cool and relax as the heat seems to be frazzling my brain ?
TOYA

Susan56 Mon 14-Jun-21 16:34:05

So sorry the dropbot problems are continuing soop and really hope the surgeon can offer some hope on Friday?

Also muse I am so sorry you have had an upsetting pm.As others have said you should report it.?for you

soop Mon 14-Jun-21 16:37:00

Although my latest visit has been brief, it has cheered me to back where I belong...in our kitchen. wink

I continue to wade through the email messages. I have dipped into Facebook. I still have a portrait to get underway. It has been sketched. Now for the task of not making making a pig's ear of the rest.

The easel and paints are tucked away. I have no idea where my arty farty hat is. No doubt I shall be better organised tomorrow.

Thank you for your company. You are the best. flowers smile moon

BladeAnnie Mon 14-Jun-21 17:52:08

Good afternoon dear kitcheners and welcome back Soop - you have been missed. Another hit and sticky day - I don't cope well with heat I'm afraid. But I don't like to complain too much as I know lots of people love this weather ?. I've just had a shower and put my pjs on (or lounge wear if you prefer!!) - pizza, garlic bread and salad on the menu tonight. Quick and easy ?. Thinking of everyone who is under the weather and all of you facing difficulties atm - sending you a big comforting hug ?

Puzzler61 Mon 14-Jun-21 18:07:32

Ditto BladeAnnie we are having a very similar easy tea.
A hug ? back to you, thank you.

Ruby is so hot she has disappeared into the middle of a garden bush where it is moist and cool. I hope she doesn’t bring any worms out with her later !

MawBe Mon 14-Jun-21 18:07:45

Normal service in Soop’s Kitchen has been resumed, hurray ! ?? ? ?
Welcome back - us lot have really missed you!
Just wanted to share my white peonies with you and Rosie having a sniff! These are next to my lovely Gracie rose.

Puzzler61 Mon 14-Jun-21 18:54:37

It’s great to see Rosie admiring the lovely garden blooms ?

Nannytopsy Mon 14-Jun-21 18:56:36

That’s a lovely peony Maw. Do you know what kind it is?

brook2704 Mon 14-Jun-21 19:18:18

A very big warm welcome back soop you’ve definitely been missed by us lot. And more importantly I hope there’s some help forthcoming at your appointment on Friday, you shouldn’t have to suffer
I really like those peonies Maw they look beautiful and thanks for sharing
Today I’ve been splashing around in the water again at the Aquafit class at the gym. It’s good to be back to the classes and I enjoyed it. Straight afterwards I went across the road to Starbucks to meet a friend for coffee and a sandwich - so a good day all round really ?
I’m sorry you received an unpleasant PM muse how dare they whoever they are..I hope you reported it
Hope everyone has a lovely evening, take care all

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion