Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling grumpy

(55 Posts)
nanna8 Tue 01-Jun-21 09:55:36

We are in hard lock down (again) in Victoria. We had months and months of it before and we haven’t learnt a damn thing. Hopeless rate of vaccination, hopeless quarantine arrangements and yet we are knowingly letting people in from places that have a huge problem overseas. Of course it is spreading and they have finally worked out that you have to vaccinate aged care workers who work across several different care homes. Duh. How thick are they ? Everything is shut again and they have worked out that you can actually get infected at shopping centres, now. Double duh. We have already had to cancel some much anticipated gatherings and we are not allowed out except to exercise, let alone have any visitors at all.. They won’t say whether or not they will extend the lockdown beyond Thursday. Too bad if you planned to get married or, come to that, die and the family want a funeral.

olliebeak Thu 03-Jun-21 18:49:01

pooohbear2811

Totally fed up with it here in the UK as well. I am really struggling this time round as don't see any way forward.
Currently on redeployment as cant wear the ppe face masks so cannot go into a hospital ward. Washing pots in the kitchen instead which I appreciate is as essential as ever other job and is better than no job at all but not what I should be doing.
If the whole world had shut down early in 2020 for 3 months I reckon it would be over by now.

poohbear2811 - Hear, Hear!

I've been saying all along that the entire world should have closed down for 3 months or so ...................... but of course, THAT would have required CO-OPERATION amongst nations that distrust each other - so would not have worked as well as it should have done.

The virus itself has no 'legs' and is therefore incapable of travelling from one country to another without a 'host'. It's been the movement of people around the world that's caused the spread - along with poor hygiene practices and the ignorance of the 'deniers'!

Humankind has to join together to defeat this kind of pandemic, instead of selfishly going along with the 'I'm alright, Jack - beggar you!' attitude that's been going on during the past 18 months.

Phoenixpalmsandsun Mon 07-Jun-21 21:50:20

Ok THAT was funny! I laughed outloud! ?

Lucca Mon 07-Jun-21 22:11:43

What was ?

Callistemon Mon 07-Jun-21 22:15:57

I'm puzzled too