Gransnet forums

Chat

4 day weekend

(40 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Wed 02-Jun-21 14:14:36

#AbolishRepublicism

Long may she live #QueenElizabethII

SueDonim Wed 02-Jun-21 14:11:36

My dd is delighted. She’ll be able to add two more days to her maternity leave.

Grany Wed 02-Jun-21 14:07:32

Who wants to celebrate a woman with a £20 million crown on her head amid austerity poverty food banks continue increasing.

#AbolishtheMonarchy

jusnoneed Wed 02-Jun-21 13:47:18

Really need an edit button - tacking on an extra day!

jusnoneed Wed 02-Jun-21 13:46:08

Sorry 4 days not 5

jusnoneed Wed 02-Jun-21 13:45:23

Moving the late May one to June and tacking on two extra days. What is the point of that?
A lot of lost work hours for many companies, shutting down for 5 days instead of the usual 3. But still having to pay wages, not something they will want after this last 18 months.

Looks like lots of the usual parades etc planned to happen in London.

Aveline Wed 02-Jun-21 13:42:07

I'm in Scotland and I'm looking forward to the celebrations for the Queen. Already planning a garden party for our neighbours. It's nice to have something positive like this on the horizon.

Jaxjacky Wed 02-Jun-21 13:38:55

As we don’t know what winter holds and communities are still unable and reticent to mix this would be a lovely occasion to plan get togethers. I know if I was working I’d love a four day weekend!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 02-Jun-21 13:36:14

What’s not to like?

A boost for the hospitality industry, extra time to spend with friends and family, I think it’s a bright idea ???‍?‍?‍??‍?‍?‍??‍?‍?‍?

Lin52 Wed 02-Jun-21 13:35:33

Esspee

Apparently there is going to be a 4 day weekend next summer to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee with street parties etc.

I can’t help feeling nobody give a stuff. Certainly not here in Scotland.

I respect her but hope she is the last to rein over us in this neck of the woods.

What do you think?

I don’t think you speak for all in Scotland, certainly not the people I know who haven’t given Sturgeon house room, or a vote. Guess you won’t be having 4 days off then.

grannyactivist Wed 02-Jun-21 13:35:13

I tend to support anything that brings communities together for a good purpose and I hope that this will generate a lot of neighbourliness. smile

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 02-Jun-21 13:27:36

I’m assuming that those who ‘don’t give a stuff’ will go to work as usual.

Shelflife Wed 02-Jun-21 13:24:21

What's not to like? You might feel that people don't give a stuff in Scotland- are you in a Position to speak for those in your ' neck of the woods'.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 02-Jun-21 13:20:48

Everyone loves a long weekend don’t they?

Esspee Wed 02-Jun-21 13:19:34

Apparently there is going to be a 4 day weekend next summer to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee with street parties etc.

I can’t help feeling nobody give a stuff. Certainly not here in Scotland.

I respect her but hope she is the last to rein over us in this neck of the woods.

What do you think?