Gransnet forums

Chat

What is making you happy today?

(162 Posts)
Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 11:41:58

So many things to be happy about for me today.

It’s warm and sunny, soothing muscles and making movement easier.

Both laundry hampers are completely empty!

Washing drying on the line in the glorious sunshine.

We have a bulky waste collection booked for today, can finally get rid of some major clutter.

My great nephew is celebrating his 9th birthday, thriving after scaring us all by arriving 6 weeks early via an emergency caesarean due to a detached placenta.

I feel so much more hopeful today.

blossom14 Tue 08-Jun-21 13:56:20

Just enjoying watching several groups of children doing their cycling proficiency tests outside our house. The instructors are doing a great job and the children are really concentrating and listening.
It's good to see them doing 'normal' activities again.
And..... the sun is shining.

Callistemon Tue 08-Jun-21 14:08:36

Some starlings arrived in the garden today - not unusual, you might think, but we hadn't seen any here for very many years.
A peony which a friend gave me about 3 years ago is just blooming and it is lovely, I think it's called Bowl of Beauty.

I managed to do some gardening this morning!

Whoever was thumping wooden fence posts in nearby has just stopped and the birds are tweeting and singing happily.

Yiayia4 Tue 08-Jun-21 14:15:05

Sitting on my garden swing in sunshine.Should be packing the caravan for a road trip on Thursday! Maybe later.💤
Such sad news Grandmafrench💐

3dognight Tue 08-Jun-21 14:31:28

Lovely sun here on north Nottinghamshire- washing line completely full, some things having to share pegs .

The magpies are leaving the blackbird family alone for a change so no stressed out mum and dad blackbird!

I’ve had a lovely day pottering in the garden, and when I went to water my council allotment I didn’t have to wait for the water tap to become free.

My hair looks nice today, I’ve parted it in a different place, and it seems ‘happier’.

I found my husband’s lost shorts in my drawer. He will be so pleased!

Kate1949 Tue 08-Jun-21 14:58:51

It's sunny and warm. I got the washing dry outside. DH made me a corned beef and salad sandwich for lunch and I've just been for a canalside walk. smilesunshine

felice Tue 08-Jun-21 15:13:52

Doing a tidy up, then getting ready for DGS and his little friend tomorrow afternoon, a very nice little boy who comes for the afternoon to play..
The online shopping should be here soon and I bought Pizza stuff so they can make their own.
Garden not too bad, so they can play, no swimming just yet.
We have 3 different species of birds nesting among the large bushes on one side so that is out of bounds, and getting very overgrown, who cares!!
Sun is shining and that's fine with me.

Devorgilla Tue 08-Jun-21 15:23:25

I am happy because my daughter has got a firm date for moving to her new flat. Hurrah! All three parties involved were freaking out yesterday because they couldn't find three respective removal companies for the same date. Now they have. I gather everyone who is moving is desperate to do it before end of June to beat lifting of stamp duty holiday. Now I can enjoy the sunshine.

Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 15:59:55

Thank you all for sharing your happiness. Grandmafrench so sorry for your loss, and sorry if my thread upset you, it really wasn’t what I intended flowers

dogsmother Tue 08-Jun-21 16:45:17

Im happy
Because I’m healthy, I’ve got a cosy home, it’s far from the best but it’s mine ( and his 😉)
I can afford to heat it and I can afford to eat.
I’ve got got a healthy family who are close.
I’m happy and content always ready to count my blessings xx

Lin52 Tue 08-Jun-21 16:57:27

Sitting in the sunny garden with my DB and SIL, although only 20 mins away, have not been in their company for eight months.

Scribbles Tue 08-Jun-21 17:31:01

I have just planted out a batch of scarlet geraniums to fill up a garden gap.
Nothing says "summer" to me quite so loudly and cheerfully as red geraniums.sunshine

Kim19 Tue 08-Jun-21 17:41:39

Not long in from a splendid lunch in very enjoyable company. Feel good factor abounds. Earlier this morning I achieved a couple of jobs thoroughly procrastinated and I had an electrician in to do a small job. All go here but in a very positive direction. Long may it continue.

hollysteers Tue 08-Jun-21 17:45:23

I FaceTimed my DD in the south and she had driven my elderly slightly confused brother in law out from his nursing home to visit his companion in her house and cooked lunch for them. His companion’s health is very poor. She sent me photos and I’m so proud of her as she is so busy.
He has not seen his companion for months, so it was rather special.

Millie22 Tue 08-Jun-21 18:16:46

I sat in the park and had my lunch in the sunshine. Lovely.

Harris27 Tue 08-Jun-21 18:22:16

I’ve just come in from work and have had a bouquet of flowers delivered from a dear friend. She has made my day as my husband has been poorly and it’s been a very hard time. She’s truly made my day.

cb1963 Tue 08-Jun-21 18:26:07

Having a lovely breakfast at a local garden centre with Dad.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Jun-21 18:26:10

I have just come back from walking the dog by the river.

Utterly glorious. All I could hear were skylarks. Little egrets were pottering around on the rivers edge. It was windless and warm. A perfect summers day.

Sarahmob Tue 08-Jun-21 18:57:21

Giving my new grandson lots of lovely cuddles 🥰

varian Tue 08-Jun-21 19:12:35

The ducks on our ponds have a new family of little chicks.

fairfraise Tue 08-Jun-21 19:18:00

Had a lovely walk this morning alongside river and canal. But instead of going as far as we intended stopped off at a large Tesco and picked up some steak and rolls for tonight's meal. Picked bunch of Sweet Williams from back garden.

maydonoz Tue 08-Jun-21 19:27:36

A surprise knock on my door this morning, it was our nextdoor neighbour asking if she could use my phone as she had locked herself out, anyway all her windows were open at the back, she asked if we had a ladder, so DH promptly brought it from our garage, when she climbed up her extension wall and got in through the bedroom window. She kept apologising throughout and of course was delighted to get in to her house again. She couldn't thank us enough, I assured her it was nothing and we both got on with our day. After returning from shopping an hour or two later, she arrived at our door with a lovely bunch of flowers, which was very thoughtful. I was pleased to be able to help a neighbour out just a teeny bit.
The second thing to be happy about today was DH and myself bought new shoes each (for our DS2 wedding) in Clark's where they had a sale with 50% discount. I hadn't actually planned to buy any for myself, just went along to help DH choose. It was too good an offer to resist, encouraged by OH.
All in all, I'm a happy bunny today and of course the glorious weather helps as well.
Almost forgot, I made homemade pizza for supper which was very tasty, two trays, one of which we had, the other our DS1 will help to eat tomorrow!

Urmstongran Tue 08-Jun-21 19:33:11

Totally agree with your sentiments GrandmaFrench. ‘Seize the day’ is a good mantra. We none of us know what tomorrow holds.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, it was sudden so it must be a shock to everyone. Life can indeed change in an instant.
💐

I’ve really enjoyed today lunching with friends in the sunshine. I have (as far as I know) no family, health or finance worries.

You can’t buy peace of mind.

CanadianGran Tue 08-Jun-21 21:05:50

I have dinner plans to go to a restaurant for this evening! First time since I don't know when! whoop whoop!

BC Gov't has just opened dining again, we are meeting friends to celebrate her birthday. Will be able to wear something other than jeans.

Juliet27 Tue 08-Jun-21 21:11:23

Had a lovely long chat with another dogwalker who I’d not met before

sodapop Tue 08-Jun-21 21:23:57

Just watching our new little rescue dog trot round the house making herself at home.

Sorry to hear about your friend GrandmaFrench thanks