Gransnet forums

Chat

What is making you happy today?

(162 Posts)
Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 11:41:58

So many things to be happy about for me today.

It’s warm and sunny, soothing muscles and making movement easier.

Both laundry hampers are completely empty!

Washing drying on the line in the glorious sunshine.

We have a bulky waste collection booked for today, can finally get rid of some major clutter.

My great nephew is celebrating his 9th birthday, thriving after scaring us all by arriving 6 weeks early via an emergency caesarean due to a detached placenta.

I feel so much more hopeful today.

henetha Fri 11-Jun-21 11:30:26

To be home. I've been away and now I'm back.

felice Fri 11-Jun-21 13:24:18

DD deciding to get the machine out to clean both of our terraces this afternoon. Sudden silence upstairs, hope the machine is working !!!!!!!!!!

Auntieflo Fri 11-Jun-21 14:15:47

That I am up and out of bed as I was all day yesterday.
The electrician has finished and was such a clean and tidy worker.
The peonies are in bloom in the front garden, along with many of the big blowsy pink poppies.

Kim19 Fri 11-Jun-21 16:04:19

My neighbours' lilac shrub is directly in my line of vision and is stunningly beautiful. My electrician returned to finish his job. All done, hallelujah. My kitchen project has jumped from one quarter to half done. Heavy work but I'm gaining momentum from success. Just in from a very pleasant and productive walk. All good. I'm so lucky.

Grany Sun 13-Jun-21 19:55:47

Digging out a pit in garden for washing-up bowl pond. I found it very enjoyable digging, finding stones, gravel. Ordered three plants for the pond. So wild flowers growing now a little pond for wild life.

Lovely sunny weather now too and 3 year old GD 'helped' nanny paint shed, white stripes, on yellow shed, looks like a beach hut now. smile

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 17-Jun-21 18:08:03

Just heard this morning that our local ‘confirmed Batchelor’ is engaged, and is to be married next year.
He was as giggly as a teenager, it was lovely to see him so happy. He told me all about the wedding plans and the engagement ring, it was really lovely.

He’s 72 and she is 71.

muse Thu 17-Jun-21 20:22:15

Two things:
Pilates class and extra are having a positive affect on my knee. MrM noticed I wasn't limping when I got home. I will leave the painkillers alone tonight.
After an hour of trying, I got Building Control to pick up the phone. Inspector now booked to come tomorrow morning to inspection the new drains. There will be another one for the installation of the treatment plant. Then it's all steam ahead for the final inspection and signing off. Might be in for Christmas.

muse Thu 17-Jun-21 20:23:17

inspection

theworriedwell Thu 17-Jun-21 20:24:55

My new bathroom is taking shape, I love it already.

Shelflife Sat 19-Jun-21 12:33:52

The arrival this morning of new comfy sandals . Regatta Wetshore ladies, my third pair - different colours. Designed perfectly to accommodate my bunions!!!!!

Kim19 Sun 20-Jun-21 04:05:28

Telephone call from my friend of 62 years telling me she had been released from hospital and was on the slow but sure road to recovery with the help of morphine and physio. Joy!