Gransnet forums

Chat

What is making you happy today?

(162 Posts)
Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 11:41:58

So many things to be happy about for me today.

It’s warm and sunny, soothing muscles and making movement easier.

Both laundry hampers are completely empty!

Washing drying on the line in the glorious sunshine.

We have a bulky waste collection booked for today, can finally get rid of some major clutter.

My great nephew is celebrating his 9th birthday, thriving after scaring us all by arriving 6 weeks early via an emergency caesarean due to a detached placenta.

I feel so much more hopeful today.

Naninka Wed 09-Jun-21 17:22:27

Home from school... feet up...
only a few weeks now to retirement... seeing DGC tomorrow and my 88 yr old Mum on Monday.
Loving my life but feeling a bit sleepy... zzz

vintage1950 Wed 09-Jun-21 17:27:30

Tanith, am so pleased to hear about your grandson, it sounds like good news. I did wonder how he was getting on.
Coconut, condolences on the loss of your brother, hard at any age flowers,

HannahLoisLuke Wed 09-Jun-21 17:32:28

My thirty year old son is getting his first vaccine today ?

trollop8101 Wed 09-Jun-21 17:39:51

These are lovely uplifting posts. I got lots of irritating jobs done today and I feel so much better for it. Sat in the garden listening and watching the birds feeding. It's been a lovely warm sunny day, now having a glass of wine on the patio

elleks Wed 09-Jun-21 17:52:53

My SIL is coming to stay tomorrow. First time we've seen her since March '20.

Yammy Wed 09-Jun-21 18:22:31

It's my DD birthday she is halfway around the world but hopefully coming home soon.
Been for a walk in a lovely country park the sun shone and the flowers were beautiful

Anmagram6 Wed 09-Jun-21 18:27:04

Being able to sit out feel the warmth of the sun, look out at the mountains and all that I’ve accomplished. Enjoying the fruits of my labor

LauraNorder Wed 09-Jun-21 18:47:54

Great news Tanith, I’m so pleased. I have wondered but didn’t like to ask. That’s made me happy today.
Also, Orlin has made some shelves in my little studio so that I can tidy all my paints and other stuff away and have room to move. In return I’ve made a load of lasagne, chilli con carne and a few curries for the freezer so that he can have a few weeks off from the kitchen, although he tells me cooking relaxes him.
Just being part of a good team makes me happy every day.

CanadianGran Wed 09-Jun-21 19:08:28

Happy to have the best husband. We had a water line break where it goes into the house. He found it early, called city to shut off main line, and dug down 3 feet near the foundation to see where the problem was, and talked to neighbours to borrow from their water supply.

He has dug a trench from the house to the alley behind where the main line is, so it can be easily replaced. All this done yesterday! We are hoping plumbers arrive today to put in new line.

Also grateful for lovely neighbours that allowed us to attach a hose to their outdoor tap to supply water for us in the meantime.

DH is retired, but was working as maintenance in the local hospital for most of his career. He is very good at fixing issues and dealing with contractors!

sweetcakes Wed 09-Jun-21 20:30:23

Actually got some energy today that's a lot to be happy about. A beautiful day and a ? daiquiri after dinner only one though ?? ?

Eskay10 Thu 10-Jun-21 00:05:29

A day at the seaside in the South East and a swim in the sea. The moment is now, so I took a dip. It was so refreshing, I felt quite elated by the whole experience.

Newquay Thu 10-Jun-21 08:34:10

Keep Fit class restarting today-yay! Must remember to take it very easy. . .

Craftycat Thu 10-Jun-21 10:11:02

The garden is looking lovely this year so that makes me very happy as I do all the work out there. DH said when we moved here- 'you want a garden then you do it!' He has no clue at all about gardening so that is my domain!
I even dug both the fish ponds while he was working away in USA. He was very shocked when he got back!! (couldn't do it now though).

suzywhoo Thu 10-Jun-21 14:24:02

I can hug my kids grandkids and very elderly parents who were so desperate for a big hug
My clematis is fantasic and my garden is blooming loverly
Just had my hair done so no longer walking round with a frizzy mop.
So much to be happy and grateful forsmile

Trisha57 Thu 10-Jun-21 14:45:59

Like others on here, my garden is making me happy! I'm feeling content that I have finally got round to planting my leeks today after putting it off for a couple of weeks. And the delphiniums that I grew from seed last year are looking marvellous smile

Trisha57 Thu 10-Jun-21 14:49:22

So lovely to hear the good news about your grandson tanith!

Kim19 Thu 10-Jun-21 15:15:22

Payback time from my garden. Absolutely stunning with a wheen of papaver and elegant multi coloured lupins. Such a joy with evidence of much more to come. Indoors, I've just further attacked a kitchen project and reckon I'm now a quarter way there. Also lovely contact from my son today which was a terrific kick start to my day. Oh yesssss.

WishIwasyounger Thu 10-Jun-21 15:50:05

Being able to hug my children an dgrtand child is heaven; how I've missed it. Is there anything more comforting than that?

tanith Thu 10-Jun-21 16:08:36

Thanks Trisha57. Loving all your positive posts gardens certainly lift our spirits.

happycatholicwife1 Thu 10-Jun-21 20:35:43

Praise the Lord, happily sitting with my husband, listening to news. Just finished garden work for today!

Blossoming Thu 10-Jun-21 21:04:23

It’s been a busy week here, sorted a heap of paperwork today and it feels so good to have that job done. Mr. B took me out to Lytham this afternoon, lots of people enjoying the sunshine.

mokryna Thu 10-Jun-21 21:16:49

I have my eldest DD husband and 2 teenaged DGD here, for the last four days, while there house is being renovated and don’t feel stressed at all. Fingers crossed for the next five days.

Niobe Thu 10-Jun-21 21:20:38

Went to collect my 3 year old grandson and as I strapped him into his car seat he said”I love you Maji” in a quiet wee voice. All I could reply was”And I love you my Poppet”
How I managed to stop myself from bawling my eyes out I will never know.

Mollygo Fri 11-Jun-21 09:44:49

The birds have finally decided that the RHS fat balls are worth trying. I’m getting the next lot from B&M. They’re cheaper and the birds like them better.

annsixty Fri 11-Jun-21 10:32:31

My GD who lives with me received a txt last evening to invite her for her vaccine today, she has just left.
It is only about 3 miles away and she is 22.
Great work NHS.