Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Wednesday from Mick

(101 Posts)
MawBe Wed 09-Jun-21 06:18:28

Good Morning Everyone
Its bright and sunny here in Brackley this morning .
Today , local shop , followed by lunch and cycling on TV this afternoon , still cannot access the chat forum.
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Wed 09-Jun-21 07:28:17

Good morning from a sunny NE.
I am hoping for a better day today, yesterday was dreadful. DH wasn't well, rang the oncology unit and they said to go to A&E. They wouldn't treat him despite being on chemo and didn't offer any advice as to where he could get help. BIL took him to the oncology unit to ask for advice and they just told them " we can't help, we don't have any doctors here " . DH rang me and asked me to get in touch with district nurse, automated message told me " we do not have any nurses available and there is no-one to take your call ".DH now sitting in a corridor asking me to get him help, rang 111 " all lines are busy and you should go online for advice" navigated the questions and pressed request a nurse call me back, currently 18 hours on and still waiting. I am at the end of my tether.
Sainsbury's delivery today.

ginny Wed 09-Jun-21 07:28:29

Here are the flowers

Susan56 Wed 09-Jun-21 07:30:26

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

We had a lovely day with DGS yesterday and an enjoyable meal out in the evening.We had to order by app and there was no option to change salad for veg,chips to baked potato etc so a bit of swapping around when the meals arrived!

Today the car is booked in for a service so as I booked it in for lunchtime we will be eating out in town again.DD has given us a restaurant voucher so a free lunch, even better!

Welcome to DR64 and allule ??

Thinking of Cherry,Auntieflo,Mary and all unwell,recovering,anxious or worried?

Have a good day all?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 09-Jun-21 07:32:06

Thank you Maw morning Mick and all

It’s all go go here this morning, the 6yr old slept over, he has to be at school for 8am as he has archery now till end of term, so we have a permanent sleepover date!!!!
(We live next door but one to his school)

Cleaners are here later, I have gym and then I shall be in the garden with my kindle.

Enjoy your time with your DD Sar53 how fabulous after all this time.

Right oh off to shower an aspiring Robin Hoods merry man ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Greyduster Wed 09-Jun-21 07:34:48

Good morning, Michael, Maw, and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the sun is blazing once again. We had a long very hot day yesterday. I took myself off to the Botanical Gardens while DH was at the hospital but it was hot even in the shade. There was a blackbird lying on some gravel with his wings and tail spread out, not moving. I’m assuming he was overcome by the heat. Do birds do that? I felt desiccated by the time we came home. Today we will be back looking at paint samples, and I need to do some shopping while we are out and about.
Welcome DR64 - I paint a bit too.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Urmstongran Wed 09-Jun-21 07:35:43

Oh harrigran that is shocking to read. An animal would get faster treatment. This must be so stressful for you. I bet you are frantic. Your poor husband.

Grandmabatty Wed 09-Jun-21 07:37:36

Good morning all. Cloudy and very muggy in Polmont. I suspect rain later. I'm working today at a head teacher assessment so I'll just say hi to new joiners DR64 and Allelu and wave at you all. I'll drop by later. Take care all.

Greyduster Wed 09-Jun-21 07:37:40

Harri what you and your DH are going through is shameful! I hope things get better very soon??.

Susan56 Wed 09-Jun-21 07:37:50

I am so sorry at the way you and your DH have been treated harri.Its absolutely appalling.I really hope that you manage to speak to somebody and he gets seen soon?

Lins1066 Wed 09-Jun-21 07:41:21

Good morning from a dry and bright S Welsh coast, forecast is reasonably good but not as sunny as yesterday.
Sam went to the vet again yesterday morning, he had another injection and his temperature was down. He is on antibiotics for a few more days and small amounts of chicken and rice. It was awful seeing him so low as he's such a bundle of energy, thank you Dwm, Urm, corner and GmFrench for your good wishes.
With everything we forgot we had a supermarket delivery, hoping for a quieter day.
Gagagran we had a young workman here last summer, he too brought his own supply of drinks, lemonade though.
Thinking of all those in pain and with worries. ?

Alygran Wed 09-Jun-21 07:46:59

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another beautiful day.
Harrigran I am shocked at the lack of support for your DH. Do you have any help from MacMillan? I had the phone number for their local consultant nurse when DH was poorly. She certainly unlocked doors if we needed it.
A busy morning at our Carers’ Week event. We have music yoga and brown bag lunch. Lots of generous sponsors means our parent Carers will all get a gift bag.
Hope those in sick bay have a better day.
Thinking of our north west Grans who are being asked to be specially careful.
Take care everyone . Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Jaxjacky Wed 09-Jun-21 07:47:53

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany
Amselerin here’s the link for the entry rules to the UK.

Welcome to this gentle morning thread DR64.
Have lovely trips to Birmingham Urms and Sar. Elizabeth you sound as bouncy as a Tigger today! Long may it last.

Pittcity Wed 09-Jun-21 07:47:58

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another hot day.

Usual Wednesday morning meetup on the terrace of a cafe. I must get there early for a shady spot as I ended up sitting in full sun last week and it's hotter today.

This afternoon a bathroom planner is visiting. We need a few changes but may go the whole hog and start from scratch.

Love to all x

Alizarin Wed 09-Jun-21 08:03:18

Greyduster, a robin and blackbird regularly 'sunbathe' at my allotment. They look injured but apparently it helps clean their feathers.

Urmstongran Wed 09-Jun-21 08:05:11

Pittcity hard to believe isn’t it we’ve had wall-to-wall sunshine for a week now! I’d take a sun hat just in case ... I bought a decent straw Panama for only £8 last week from Sainsbury’s.
?

dragonfly46 Wed 09-Jun-21 08:07:29

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Welcome DR64.

Coffee with friends this morning before Ocado delivery.

I am shocked at your DH’s treatment or lack of it*Harrigran*.
I hope something is sorted out today and you get the support you need. You are often in my thoughts flowers.
Also thinking of others who are not well and those who are absent.

cornergran Wed 09-Jun-21 08:09:14

Morning All from a sunny, breezy corner of Somerset.

Thank you maw, goodness mick you have been locked out for a while, as marydoll says why not ask GN to delete your account and then create a new one.

I’m so sorry harri, appalling lack of care for your husband. I hope today brings much deserved support. Good news about Sam, lins, he’s going the right way. Welcome to all new posters.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 hour lunch with a friend yesterday. Today is more mundane. Dust removal seems essential. An electrician is due this morning so best get a wriggle on. Hopefully an easy fix, we’ll I can hope grin. This afternoon it’s push a trolley round the supermarket time, I’m quite excited.

Look after yourselves everyone, hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Marydoll Wed 09-Jun-21 08:12:35

* Harri* I'm raging at your DH's appalling treatment. ? I cannot imagine being in your position. I hope you can get help today.

Sar53 Wed 09-Jun-21 08:15:39

I too am shocked at the treatment you and your DH are getting Harri. I hope things improve as the day goes on. Much love xxx

Grammaretto Wed 09-Jun-21 08:15:43

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. Overcast today.
I'm getting the bus into Edinburgh for the first time this year.

Harrigran So sorry to hear your DH is left waiting and needing urgent help.
I phoned the National Cancer Helpline for DH once when it was the weekend and our GP was closed. I ended up driving him to the cancer hospital where he was admitted and cared for until a doctor could see him. At least the people on the phone were sympathetic and understanding.

Have a great time with your DD & family Sar
Well done Elizabeth1
That's some cake Jax!

I hope Mick is back with us soon.

Ashcombe Wed 09-Jun-21 08:17:43

Well done, JaxJacky on posting the link which I was about to research!

Marydoll: Believe me, you'd fit in perfectly with our motley crew at the theatre!

harrigran: I hope your DH is feeling better today; the reaction of all those caring professionals was appalling! ?

Welcome to DR64! This is a very easygoing thread to join so I’m sure you'll soon feel at home. ?

Anniebach Wed 09-Jun-21 08:39:34

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gingster Wed 09-Jun-21 08:41:52

Good morning from another sunny day on the Suffolk coast. We’ve been here over a week now and we’ve just had one afternoon of rain. The rest of the time it’s has been sun all the way. I do hope it continues as some friends are renting a cottage just up the coast from us. It’s the lady’s 70th while they’re here so we will celebrate with them.

The garden has at last taken shape and I must say is looking good, we have a lot of wild areas still, but with the poppies and other wild flowers this time of year, it looks so pretty.

Have a lovely week with your family Sar. Are you travelling by train?

Enjoy your day trip Urms. How lovely for the two elderly brothers to spend time together. ☺️.

I will try to send a pic of my poppies.
Have a lovely day all. ???

Nannagarra Wed 09-Jun-21 08:43:51

Good morning from Sefton where the sun continues to shine. Yesterday I did the bedding and replaced winter woollies with summer clothes. (I’m now more conscious about wearing long tops and shorts. A few years ago, sitting on a bench with DH in Italy, I was mistaken for a lady of ill repute and lambasted loudly and at length by a resident. As if. Specsavers???)
We spent an enjoyable evening with DS and his exceedingly wet retriever. The breed cannot resist water and sharing it!
Welcome to newcomers. Love the tie dye GrandMattie. Is it for the quilt or the trousers? Thinking of Cherry, Bella’s and flo. Has anyone any news of jet? You seem in good spirits Alizarin and seem to be doing well.
Have the best day you can, seek those smiles and find yourselves a flamingo.
???

Gelisajams Wed 09-Jun-21 08:44:30

Good morning from a cloudy warm Morecambe Bay. Thanks for opening up again Maw. Hope you can get sorted soon Mick Your gremlins have certainly outstayed their welcome. It’s so frustrating when the technology doesn’t behave.
Harrigran how I feel for both you and your DH. Can you try a different hospital?
A day of finishing off odds and ends in the garden today for me.
Take care and stay safe everyone ???