Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning from Mick and Maw

(69 Posts)
Jaxjacky Thu 10-Jun-21 06:43:10

Thought I’d open up, hope that’s ok.

Marydoll Thu 10-Jun-21 17:20:42

Unfortunately, mamaa, revealing any personal information would be a breach of GDPR regulations, so no chance of it happening.

That is why if you do become friendly with someone on GN, it's a good idea to have their email address, just in case. wink

mamaa Thu 10-Jun-21 13:41:49

I was thinking along the same lines Dragonfly re EV.
I do hope she’s ok- no point in me sending a DM if she can’t receive them.
I do wish GNHQ would let us know the circumstances re missing posters, if they’ve been banned or suspended, especially those who have been or are poorly or of a ‘good age’, shall we say. It’s a worry isn’t it?

Purplepixie Thu 10-Jun-21 13:14:02

Good afternoon from the East Midlands where it is warm, cloudy and quite muggy.

dragonfly46 Thu 10-Jun-21 13:12:11

Something is afoot with Ellan as she is unable to receive PM's. I am hoping she is not banned as she was on a last warning I believe.
Let us hope we hear from her soon.

LauraNorder Thu 10-Jun-21 12:39:23

Welcome back Mapleleaf and a warm welcome to Degilly and to Joyce6135. Hope you stay and post often, it’s the only way we can get to ‘know’ you.
Hopefull EV is enjoying some Ruby-Lou time. Wouldn’t that be good.

Gingster Thu 10-Jun-21 12:32:01

Good morning and the sun is very hot today here on the Suffolk coast. Too warm for little pooch along the beach so we went to the forest and walked for an hour in the cool of the trees.

Poor Sar with that horrendous journey. I know only too well how the A127 can be awful. It seems to affect all the surrounding areas, so I expect roads were gridlocked. Hopefully better for your return journey.

Alizirin I hope you are home now and avoiding all the media . It’s certainly like a circus down there at the moment. I’m sure when you’re home, your recovery will be swift. ?

The sky seems to be darkening out at the back now. My neighbour said there was to be an eclipse sometime this morning, so perhaps that’s what’s happening.

Lunch now - maybe avocado, salmon and scrambled eggs.
Healthy for DH and his newly diagnosed diabetes. I hope he appreciates all the effort I’m going to , looking for healthy food. He’s not easy as he likes his food and is finding it hard. ??.

Well I’m sure you’re all lunching, jobs all done and relaxing for the afternoon.
Take care all

joyce6135 Thu 10-Jun-21 12:17:11

Hello everyone, I am another newbie here, although I have been reading your posts throughout the past year, and have to say that they have helped me a lot through it. I live alone and just to know that other people have felt the same way as me has helped me so much. You are a kind lot, and lots of amusing posts, keep up the good work, I’ll be watching, and keep safe.

Greyduster Thu 10-Jun-21 12:16:15

Good to see you back Maple - I was only wondering this morning why I hadn’t seen you.

Degilly Thu 10-Jun-21 12:08:57

Hi everyone - Im a newbie to this so bear with me! A warm but overcast Sherwood Forest this morning. Lovely to read about how you all spend your days. The sunshine over recent days is certainly lifting my spirits after the lockdown blues; missing my family and losing my Mum in Wales over recent weeks. This morning I felt motivated so did some yoga on waking; had a walk and hubby and I sat outside one of our local cafes eating a delicious breakfast. OMG that first latte for months was divine. Catching up with some housework now then got a 3 hour committee meeting by zoom - so much for retirement LOL

Blossoming Thu 10-Jun-21 11:56:15

Good morning all, cloudy skies here in Lancashire today, no rain forecast.

Slipping in under the wire here, have skimmed through and will read fully later.

Harrisgran hope there’s better news today, glad he’s at least getting some treatment.

Nannagarra Thu 10-Jun-21 11:24:51

Hope all is okay with Cherry and Auntieflo (we’re here for you).
Maybe EV is busy with family. Didn’t she mention R-L?

Mapleleaf Thu 10-Jun-21 11:19:47

Good morning all,

I took a bit of a rest from posting as I didn't really have anything different to say each day, but I have been reading the thread.

I hope you soon get your technical problem sorted Mick - it seems to be taking some time to sort out.

To all with difficulties and problems, I hope that today brings you some respite. ?

A warm welcome to all the new posters. ?

Jaxjacky Thu 10-Jun-21 10:38:52

muse EV is not usually an early poster, but unusual not to hear from her for a couple of days, not accepting pm’s either. I post early, but I don’t properly ‘wake up’ for a few hours!

muse Thu 10-Jun-21 10:24:31

Catching up with my 2nd post.

Oh dear GrannySomerset. What a predicament. Hope he didn’t injure himself.

Hope the medical visit goes well Lins. Those and teeth appointments always unnerve me.

Grandmajean Same here. I’m on my iPhone today and very slow. So often I catch the o instead of i ?. I quite often have pist instead of post?. I touch type so laptop posts are much quicker and more accurate.

My mornings are the same Maw. Mya need her toilet appointment as I do upon riding and I need my cup of EG ready before starting to read posts.

Marydoll. It’s interesting to read where the companies put the blame. The big building company we are using have blamed COVID for the big increase in prices and delay in getting materials.

Good to hear your news harri. Wish DH could gave been seen by someone. I hope you get to see your sister soon.

I never get to finish my morning post till really late some days. I’m not an early riser unless we have someone arriving early. Therefore I quite often wiz through comments. I’m sure I miss lots of news. Occasionally I come back early evening to do a more thorough read in particular to see whose missing.
Hope to see EV today. Does EV tend to early posts?

Trying to get to see these kennels today.

Take care morning peeps.

cornergran Thu 10-Jun-21 09:58:43

A late good morning from a cloudy corner of Somerset

Not a clue what we’ll do today, had thoughts about a wander on a beach but somehow the urge has left me.

There seems to be a lot of health issues around, good wishes to all trying to find their way out of them. I’m relieved you at least had a call yesterday harri, hope there’s a more appropriate response soon.

Have as good a day as you can everyone, look after yourselves.

LauraNorder Thu 10-Jun-21 09:38:36

Good morning Jax, Maw and *Mick, thanks for keeping this lovely thread open, good to know that some one will step up at times of tech need.
Good morning all other gramingos from a grey and overcast Anglesey.
I will spend the day tidying my little studio now that Orlin has put up some useful shelves in the alcove. I have far too much ‘stuff’, it’ll be good to see exactly what there is.
Hope we hear from EV today and also some good news of grandmajet.
Take care everyone and keep looking for your random pink flamingo ?

Grammaretto Thu 10-Jun-21 09:32:58

Alygran What a horrid teacher!
School paint was very watery so to get the stronger colours I wanted I took to sucking the brush dry! It worked but not sure what it did to my insides. I would not recommend trying that at home children.grin

Alygran Thu 10-Jun-21 09:16:06

Grammaretto I’ve not painted since I was 14! My art teacher suggested I concentrate on the sciences! The most I ever paint is a garden fence...and then turn over the soil below to hide the drips ??

muse Thu 10-Jun-21 09:12:36

Good morning Jax. Thank you.

Hope you get home today Alizarin. I was in Truro area on Tuesday. So many police on the roads then. Various helicopters in the sky too! I think the clouds are set to set in Cornwall today

Thank you for Mick’s news Maw.

Lovely the ?towels Grandmafrench

Back soon. Breakfast is on the table.
?

BlueSapphire Thu 10-Jun-21 09:07:01

A very good morning to everyone from a sunny Northampton. It was very grey and cloudy earlier, but the sun is just breaking through.

My goodness, it has taken me nearly half an hour to read all the posts, but fear I have not taken much in!

Had a good walk yesterday afternoon followed by drinks and a chat in the cafe afterwards. My friend and I then grabbed trolleys and came home laden with plants which I aim on potting up this morning. Then I have a Sainsbury's delivery around lunchtime.

An early evening walk again with a group followed by a drink and meal at the pub. I am enjoying catching up on all the pub meals I have missed during lockdown!

Wishing all a good day.

B9exchange Thu 10-Jun-21 09:04:58

Good morning all, bit overcast in SW Herts, but hopefully will brighten up. Off today to help out with childcare, Olive and Freddie, DH to tackle their garden. So sorry to hear of tragedies for some of you and your friends.

Have the best day possible for each of you.

Mick I cannot believe how long this is taking to get you sorted, I think you might have to accept your profile has gone and choose another one hugely frustrating though it is.

Grandmafrench Thu 10-Jun-21 09:01:46

Good Morning everyone - from another 30 degree day in the South ? where I've just had an almost cold shower. It's that time of year again......

No waffling this morning from me. I just want to send you all my sincere thanks for so many lovely messages and PM's I've received when I've been sad. You are all so lovely - just hope you know that. I'm not naming names since there are just too many, so I thought that you'd all be thrilled to your boots to receive this bad taste photo of some beach towels for sale in the market!

Now you know that the thought is there - I'm sending you skies filled with endless fluffy flamingoes and hoping that your day today is a good one. Whatever you're up to, enjoy it all.

Aren't we lucky to hang out here with such a lovely bunch of people!

Take care please, hugs from France - and love from me.
xx

GrannySomerset Thu 10-Jun-21 08:53:23

DH managed to get up (for no reason) and then fall not once but twice in the night so we are both good for not much and I have three stair lift companies to see today. Don’t know quite how to stop DH from getting up as am not keen on blunt instruments or sleeping pills but we can’t go in like this.

So sorry Mick is still not with us and I too miss EV but glad to read of everyone’s doings. Looks like another hot day though still cloudy here. Eclipse - what eclipse?

Grammaretto Thu 10-Jun-21 08:49:48

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still overcast here but too dry so I shall have to get the watering can out. I lit the fire last night it was so chilly.

A lovely day spent strolling around Edinburgh with a pal I haven't seen for ages. On one of the home buses an old woman was singing Irish folk songs to herself, perfectly in tune.

I am glad you are getting some better attention Harrigran

Elizabeth1 I think you can't expect to be feeling 100% the day after such an active day. Take it easy.

I must locate and purchase paint today. for the walls not artist's paint.
Thanks for the irises Alygran do you ever paint them? as in paint a picture of them

I am confusing myself. Better stop and wish you all a happy Thursday/.

Lins1066 Thu 10-Jun-21 08:40:41

Thank you Susan Sam is better but he's still not right. He's finished the medication and is drinking but still not eating much.