Gransnet forums

Chat

Wilfred Johnson

(92 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 11-Jun-21 14:55:14

Judging by the picture on BBC news webpage just now, Boris' son is carrying on the tradition of the hair. smile. Just wish we could have seen his little face.

Dryginger Sun 13-Jun-21 13:07:14

Well you can tell who his dad is. The same with Boris and his dad.

JaneJudge Sun 13-Jun-21 13:13:36

I wondered if they'd taken the baby to show they were hard working parents too! confused

Sparklefizz Sun 13-Jun-21 13:19:13

MaizieD although, once weaned (if BF) , most mothers seem to have no problem leaving them with a relative for a day or two.

Really? A day or two?? I didn't leave my children with anyone for more than a couple of hours before they started school, and I don't think that's unusual, let alone a 1 year old.

Deedaa Sun 13-Jun-21 13:22:22

Yes my comment was necessary Sparklefizz. I expect all Johnson's other children had lovely mops of blonde curls. Didn't stop him leaving did it?

Chestnut Sun 13-Jun-21 13:50:06

Why does every thread where Boris appears turn into a grump of grans criticising either him or Carrie? What's with the constant judgement of every single thing they do? Is this just a group of older women having a bitch-fest? ?

Alegrias1 Sun 13-Jun-21 14:19:51

Couple of posts criticising the Johnsons and the support network swoops.

Its quite creepy.

Callistemon Sun 13-Jun-21 14:24:03

Alegrias1

Couple of posts criticising the Johnsons and the support network swoops.

Its quite creepy.

The bitchfest about a baby is more creepy.

Sparklefizz Sun 13-Jun-21 14:35:13

The bitchfest about a baby is more creepy.

Totally agree Callistemon

Galaxy Sun 13-Jun-21 14:38:45

What are people talking about I was working by the time my oldest was 6 month old, of course I left him with someone. Maternity leave usually lasts maximum of a year of course babies are left with others than their mothers.

Warele Sun 13-Jun-21 14:41:01

I have to say I love his golden curls.

Jabberwok Sun 13-Jun-21 15:02:56

I think the inevitable horrible comments about this family are why some people simply don't post anymore. The constant barrage of hatred for this little boys father and up to a point his mother is depressing and miserable. Deeda, that was a horrid thing to say, but sadly not unexpected in any discussion about the Johnston's.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Jun-21 15:16:42

Horrible comments, not worthy of mother’s or grandmother’s or in fact anyone.

Alegrias1 Sun 13-Jun-21 15:22:34

I've just read the whole thread again and not one person has made any negative remark about the baby.

A couple of jibes about Johnson Senior's hair and one rather uncalled for comment about his love life. People wondering if it is the right thing to use your children as a publicity tool

Then a short barrage about how we are all bitches and unworthy mothers.

One might suspect a plot.

JaneJudge Sun 13-Jun-21 15:36:38

I always wonder why people are quick to defend a man they don't know or aren't speaking to whilst being nasty to a woman they are (online or not) There is something quite ingrained in that sort of response and I don't understand it. I always think I have more in common with women (inc Carrie) wrt a lived experience than I do to men, especially powerful ones

Ilovecheese Sun 13-Jun-21 15:49:51

I've had a bit of a look at the thread and I can't find any negative remarks about the baby.
Why are people pretending that there are?

JaneJudge Sun 13-Jun-21 15:51:57

I think they are all Michael Gove

Callistemon Sun 13-Jun-21 15:53:25

Ilovecheese

I've had a bit of a look at the thread and I can't find any negative remarks about the baby.

It's not the only thread.

Shocking that Wilfred, aged one, went out without any trousers on. Apparently.

Callistemon Sun 13-Jun-21 15:54:43

Wilfred should be hidden away on the top floor with Nanny and not go to the beach with Mummy.
Quite, quite shocking.

JaneJudge Sun 13-Jun-21 15:56:31

Callistemon

Ilovecheese

It's not the only thread.

Shocking that Wilfred, aged one, went out without any trousers on. Apparently.

maybe they are worried it is learnt behaviour off his dad grin sorry I couldn't resist blush

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Jun-21 15:59:18

Posts questioning a baby’s clothing, why he is with his parents?

At his age my brood were normally naked on the beach.

Galaxy Sun 13-Jun-21 15:59:30

It's perfectly reasonable to have a discussion whether spouses and children should feature, that's not horrible it's a different opinion to you.

Callistemon Sun 13-Jun-21 15:59:31

JaneJudge you are very norty.

Galaxy Sun 13-Jun-21 16:01:56

It's quite difficult as you now seem to be talking about another thread, if it's the one I remember it was a mention of shorts, and as far as I am aware was challenged, I also dont think it was anyone on this thread (although am happy to be corrected)

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Jun-21 16:04:13

Galaxy you could be correct, as both Wilfred threads are getting jumbled together by me - must be the sun and trying to keep iPad dry from splashing GC!

Talullah Sun 13-Jun-21 16:08:41

Galaxy

It's quite difficult as you now seem to be talking about another thread, if it's the one I remember it was a mention of shorts, and as far as I am aware was challenged, I also dont think it was anyone on this thread (although am happy to be corrected)

It was on Page 2, Galaxy of this thread.

I must be old fashioned but my first thought was "You are meeting the wife of the President of the USA and you can't be bothered to put a pair of shorts on the baby?"

As for having Wilfred bobbing around I thought it made a nice change. Very rare to see heads of states, along with partners, smiling as if they mean it