Gransnet forums

Chat

For her birthday, I would buy the Queen...?

(42 Posts)
ixion Fri 11-Jun-21 15:11:32

A replacement two-bar electric heater?

Aveline Fri 11-Jun-21 20:55:12

It is indeed a privilege for one to be a member of Gransnet. You are all doing very well. One has been having a difficult time recently with other members of our (Royal) family and it has been heartening to find such support for one on here.

Aveline Fri 11-Jun-21 20:57:50

I hereby pronounce this forum Royal Gransnet ?

Callistemon Fri 11-Jun-21 21:00:49

Chestnut

Hee hee, I think I fooled them there, they'll never guess it's me ?

??

Do you mind if I don't curtsey, your Maj?
My knees are not what they were

Don't trip over the corgi........
Too late!

Callistemon Fri 11-Jun-21 21:01:24

Ps that was me btw
Bl***y dog

varian Fri 11-Jun-21 21:02:20

Thank you felllow GNetters. I have been a granny for longer than most of you and have always enjoyed Gransnet.

As you know WE are famously non political. No-one ever suspected that I was a Liberal Democrat.

Callistemon Fri 11-Jun-21 21:02:57

Aveline

It is indeed a privilege for one to be a member of Gransnet. You are all doing very well. One has been having a difficult time recently with other members of our (Royal) family and it has been heartening to find such support for one on here.

I'm confused now

Come on, 'fess up
One of you is Camilla

ixion Fri 11-Jun-21 21:06:30

I think I've spotted one or two contenders for Princess Anne☹️

Aveline Fri 11-Jun-21 21:23:20

Well as long as that Meghan isn't on here we'll be ok

Urmstongran Fri 11-Jun-21 21:47:14

varian

Thank you felllow GNetters. I have been a granny for longer than most of you and have always enjoyed Gransnet.

As you know WE are famously non political. No-one ever suspected that I was a Liberal Democrat.

Now that really made me giggle varian!
??

rubysong Fri 11-Jun-21 23:24:26

I know (from a tour of Sandringham) that her majesty enjoys jigsaws. I would give her one I have which shows all kinds of brands of household items from many years ago. It was lots of fun to do. She's welcome to send a footman round to pick it up. I would be very glad if she did as I have very many jigsaws here waiting for our coffee mornings to restart.

maddyone Fri 11-Jun-21 23:51:02

I’d buy her a pair of comfy slippers. Her feet must hurt because she’s always wearing shoes. I think she’d like tartan ones lined with Scottish lambs wool.

maddyone Fri 11-Jun-21 23:51:50

Or a hot water bottle because all those old houses must be draughty and cold.

BigBertha1 Sat 12-Jun-21 07:11:22

A pair of sandals in a colour....she always black shoes

sodapop Sat 12-Jun-21 09:06:03

ixion

I think I've spotted one or two contenders for Princess Anne☹️

I think if Princess Anne was on here we would be getting short shrift on some threads ixion smile

Aveline Sat 12-Jun-21 09:30:23

sodapop- but we do!

henetha Sat 12-Jun-21 10:26:29

I would love to buy the Queen a pair of eyebrow tweezers as I have always wished that she would tidy her eyebrows up.