Gransnet forums

Chat

Shoplifting

(128 Posts)
annsixty Mon 14-Jun-21 12:25:02

She said it would be on cctv but “nothing would be done”
The only description I could give was a tall young man, probably late 20’s wearing shorts and a tee shirt.
We never saw his face only his back as took the goods and walked out.
This all took place in the front section of the shop and I was at the back of the aisle 90 degrees from him when I realised what was happening.
It was a very shocking incident to us.

Kali2 Mon 14-Jun-21 12:09:58

So you told her what you had witnessed. Surely she perhaps knew who the young guy was- and you could have offered a good description and left your details if she needed witnesses.

That is what I would have done.

annsixty Mon 14-Jun-21 12:06:25

On Saturday my GD and I had the first proper outing for a very long time.
We went to a local small town/ large village.
Had coffee and a toastie outside a small cafe and looked in a few shops.
We went into a very small Boots and while in there witnessed the most blatant/ audacious shoplifting episode.
A young man in shorts and tee shirt apparently followed us in and went straight to a corner display and just dropped bottle after bottle of aftershave into a plastic bag and walked out.
He could not be seen by the only staff member on the floor who was behind a large plastic screened counter, she was far from a young woman.
She seemed to be very unhappy with myself , my GD and another woman who had all seen the incident and didn’t react.
It happened so quickly it was hard to comprehend just what was happening and we were shocked and surprised.
I am almost 84 and can’t move well at all and most certainly couldn’t and wouldn’t intervene.
My GD felt the same, 5feet nothing she would not have stood a chance against a young fit man.
What would you have done?