Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 23-Jun-21 06:05:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny here in brackley even at this early hour .
Today ,small shop this morning , before a quiet day in.
Looking forward to watching the Tour de France with 10 brits in the field , could be an interesting race this year.
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Wed 23-Jun-21 11:19:40

Good morning from the Sefton coast where there is cloud but no rain (surprise, surprise).
My goodness, it’s very busy on this thread today. I share the sentiments of others about Mrharri receiving treatment. May he soon start to feel more comfortable. Have a gentle and enjoyable day Auntieflo. If you’re reading, Cherry, add my name to the list of people who will miss you.
Gold stars are due to B9 and Marydoll’s DGDs. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
A PhD in husband management? ‘Mumbling’ rather than ‘loss of hearing’? Tell me about it! Marydoll’s novellas often make me smile in recognition.
Not a lot on my agenda today. Hold onto that flamingo, amigos!

Grandmafrench Wed 23-Jun-21 11:47:14

Good Morning from Hot & Blue ??. So hot yesterday that my bare feet got a shock when I walked out on the terrace to test the pool water! Lovely breeze, though, so - apart from having to run amok amongst the plants with the hose pipe, we're not complaining.

Running very late today, so probably tail-end-Charlie on this thread. So pleased that someone with a brain cell finally tended to your poor DH's infection, Harri . And that you're getting help organised, GrannyS. Chew Reservoir was where lots of fun fishing used to take place when I was young.
Wearing your very brave and uncomplaining, let's-get-on-with-it hat, Auntieflo ? Do hope that you feel better and stronger this week. x
I'm really sad you're not posting any more, Cherry. Hoping that your Tigger Turns will occur more than the awful seizures and that life will improve over the summer. Miss you, is I all can say, and grateful thanks for all the lifting of spirits that your attitude inspired during this last unpleasant year. x

muse We both take Turmeric every single day and that, together with Glucosamine & Chondroitin (HealthSpan), has made such an improvement to our spines and general creakiness that I wouldn't be without it now. If it weren't for my wretched ankle (to be sorted in a couple of weeks) and DH's recent knee problem, (much improved since the treatment a couple of days ago), I would have to say that (touch everything wooden) we're not too bad considering the limitations put on us by lockdown.

Love your DH's attitude to the wild life. However, if he's going to be out along attempting frog rescue in pitch darkness over a very deep abyss, maybe you need to have something bigger than a sieve on a pole on standby - for when he needs rescuing?

Pretty flower photos this morning. Love your roses, Laura. My DH has made lots of lovely planters from unwanted pallets. One cat loves them because she can gouge tram lines on them when she feels in the mood! Since they're unpainted, there's not much harm done. Must admit there have been times in the last 15 months when I've felt I could make use of something similar!!!!

Whatever you're up to - or not - today, have a really good Wednesday. May your spirits soar, your energy levels rise, your smiles be abundant and all be (mostly) well in your world. Are you resting, B9? The festive season will be upon you before you know it.

Where are you EV?

And to Ali in Cornwall - now you have that whole gang of bad birdies on your bookcase, can you explain the absence of THE FLAMINGO ?‍♀️????

Jaxjacky Wed 23-Jun-21 12:00:45

So much happening as I typed my earlier post and subsequently…Harrigran thank goodness your DH was treated properly, at last. GrannySomerset glad setting the ball rolling means things are happening, well done you. B9 and Marydoll well done those girls for their achievements, especially this year.
Beautiful pictures again from all, they really do paint a thousand words. Thank you.