Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy back to basics.

(412 Posts)
Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 22:07:04

Wow the thread came to an end quickly. I was just about to take a big bite of my saveloy and there we were out in the cold.
Right I’ve opened up again. Welcome all

Doodle Fri 13-Aug-21 22:01:42

There’s a bucket in the corner ixion use that if you’re desperate. I’m sure the snails won’t mind ?

muse Fri 13-Aug-21 22:40:52

Just spotted GF in the kitchen. Think she may have smelt the pasties or snails. Think we've been going round in circles and kept missing her. Oh... I feel sick?

AGAA4 Sat 14-Aug-21 11:11:50

Grandmafrench was not wrong it is very hot here. 35 degrees too hot for me so I am heading back to the boat. Where is the boat? Has anyone seen it?
These baby bottles full of poteen are so heavy. May just have to sit here on the sand and have a refreshing swig.

brook2704 Sat 14-Aug-21 19:21:23

Thank goodness you got back to the boat ok AGA I was wondering where you were and it’s much too hot on the beach.
We’ve been sitting here in the harbour all day - think we’re proving to be quite an attraction actually next to all the swanky yachts
I think lemon would like it here it’s very posh

Doodle Sat 14-Aug-21 20:52:19

It is nice here isn’t it. The locals are very friendly.
One of them asked me back to his place. I think it must be a bakery as he indicated he wanted to show me his baguette ?

AGAA4 Sat 14-Aug-21 20:56:35

Just watch out for his bagels Doodle.

Doodle Sat 14-Aug-21 21:14:16

?

Doodle Sun 22-Aug-21 20:03:14

The Argy is now closed for refurbishment.
We will open again just before Christmas when AGA will be brewing her special Mince Pie poteen.
Muse will be baking turkey and cranberry pasties.
Ixion will be sourcing the Christmas decorations and brook and I will be busy sorting out the bar and making things spick and span for our punters.
grandmabatty will be returning all the young men she has stashed away in her bedroom and lemon will be opening Lemongrove Manor for another A to Z Christmas special.
See you then. ?

ixion Wed 22-Sep-21 13:52:06

Hellooo ?
Yes, I know we're closed for refurb but I have a message for AGA and don't know how to get it to her short of scaling the builder's hoardings. Is she on her lunch break in there, do you think?

It's about the llamas.
The Beeb have announced that research shows llamas can be useful. Would you believe it!
Just think, Gnasher and co could be at the forefront of Covid therapy. Fame!
(They just have to get used to needles for the bloods.
I think Norbert should be excluded, due to his tender years).

www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58628689

Doodle Wed 22-Sep-21 18:53:57

Hi Ixion ooh we have started a trend. The llamas are doing well and little Norbert is gorgeous. I think AGA may be in the cellar with Thor preparing some special jet poteen for the Christmas rush. I am very busy ….being a taster. ?
See you at Christmas. Take care ?

brook2704 Thu 02-Dec-21 12:56:25

Just walking past The Argy , the recent refurb looks amazing and the chaps are just putting up the Christmas decorations ready for the grand reopening. I’m hoping Doodle will be along in a few days with the invites for the opening party night
Honestly it looks like Santas sleigh and reindeer won’t have any trouble landing with all those lights and glittery baubles, there’s even a giant blow up Santa near the door to welcome us all in ?‍?
No sign of the llamas yet though, I wonder where they are ?