Gransnet forums

Chat

*Soop's* ever welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 04-Jul-21 18:34:38

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company...

Welcome. Make yourselves comfortable and let us share our celebrations and tribulations. It's what we do best.

flowers wine brew cupcake and a multitude of virtual hugs.

Galen Sun 04-Jul-21 22:34:34

Never mind the G string!
I’m having trouble with my F string.!
It keeps slipping off the peg as I’m trying to tune my harp!
Any suggestions welcome, but not the clergy as I’m not contemplating shuffling off this mortal coil just yet.
It’s my Celtic harp that I’m trying to tune!

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Jul-21 22:37:59

Yes welcome Mattsmum to this cosy kitchen.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the move goes as planned tomorrow and it stays dry.

The pain from burns is horrid Jax I hope Imogen feels better soon. It is a good idea keeping her off school.

I made a treacle tart which I have left on the side - calorie free of course.

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Jul-21 08:15:59

Welcome to Mattsmum1 and happy birthday to Mamaa. Babysitting duties call.

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Jul-21 10:25:16

Morning all,

Crikey , I barely made it into the old kitchen and here we are in a new one.

Welcome to all newcomers, help yourself to cake!

My dentist visit was a surprise as instead of the hygienist I had a tooth removed ! Probably for the best , I was nervous enough already ! ?

We’ve been away all weekend . The much rescheduled photo shoot for the grandchildren finally took place but oh it was like herding cats . Three small boys together - just imagine. And the Queen of the Universe was totally unimpressed with them! Luckily the photographer had them neatly corralled and I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Hope all are well in the kitchen , I’ll do my best to keep up in this one ?xx

kittylester Mon 05-Jul-21 10:44:10

Found you at last!

Welcome Mattsmum. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Did you bring cake? Actually, I am Matt's mum - our eldest is called Matt so, for nigh on 50 years, I have been Matt's mum (and different versions depending on which child)

Actually, I have called in to right a wrong. Thank you grandmafrench for your kind words about our fabulous front garden (which is granite chips to match the house) but I have no green thumbs and did no hardwork. A fabulous girl from the next village designed and planted it and now helps us in the garden on a regular basis. I take no credit at all apart from paying her.

We have had a full on weekend with middle daughter and co here celebrating her 40th birthday. I think I will have recovered by the next time they arrive when they will stay 2 and a half weeks while they new kitchen is installed.

soop, I am so glad progress is being made with the drop bot and I love your present. Please let us know how Toby is!

TOYA

Susan56 Mon 05-Jul-21 11:08:51

Welcome Mattsmum.

N and G, glad the dentist visit is over and done with.Definitely better not to know about the tooth removal until it happened.

Barnaby’s baptism went really well.He quite liked being the star of the show.When DD tipped him backwards and the priest poured the water over his head he shouted Oi!He was happy to wear his smart clothes in the end as his little pal had a very similar outfit on.

We have had a lovely couple of days living the hotel life but back home later after lunch with DD and B.

Hoping that Imogen is in less pain today.A few days off school is probably a good idea.

Will pop back later to see how everyone is.

soop Mon 05-Jul-21 11:27:15

Welcome. Mattsmum You are indeed
in the right place Our kitcheners understand the value of kindness and how comforting it is to share both happy and stressful times. That's life. We all know how it feels to be overjoyed and, on occasions, heartbroken. You have our sympathy. We send you a virtual, huge group hug. flowers

dustyangel Mon 05-Jul-21 11:33:48

Susan56, I’ve just giggled so much at your story about Barnaby that I had to explain it to DH. He normally knows nothing about GN but liked the idea of a little Spider-Man heading to the front for his baptism.

soop Mon 05-Jul-21 11:35:29

Wow! You lot are amazing. As I wandered into our new gathering place, I imagined that maybe I would bump into one or three visitors. Here we are. It's by far the best kitchen simply because you make it so.

Away to sup coffee ^and maybe check to see who is playing bat and ball at Wimbles. wink
I could iron at the same time. Second thoughts - perhaps not.

soop Mon 05-Jul-21 11:39:02

Susan Barnaby certainly knows how do things in style. grin

Hoping that little Imogen is making a steady recovery. She certainly deserves home comforts right now.

Grandmafrench Mon 05-Jul-21 11:57:42

Hello lovely peeps!

I have just returned from having a haircut. So, I can see! That wild warm wind is responsible for my usual shaggy look so some fringe shortening was well overdue today.

Aren't little kids just so funny, Susan. The doings of Barnaby made me laugh out loud. It's a perfectly normal reaction of course, just inappropriate enough to make us all laugh. So pleased it worked out well and you had a nice hotel break, catering and housework free.

Kitty you're far too honest. I think that - as you are a fresh flower lover - and are also willing to pay to have such a lovely front garden maintained for the benefit of all, including neighbours and passers by, you should be able to take credit for a lot of that loveliness. Not doing the work, well that's just a little bonus ! ? Glad you had such a good weekend.

Do hope that life, chez Soop is under control and that you both feel so much better for the break. Blazing weather here and I'm tempted to try ironing in the garden under a sunshade. GranddadFrencch is against the idea. I fear he is right. Once on a boat weekend and under a sunshade on Lake Kariba in Africa, I sat in the breeze and 47 degrees of heat. When I looked down at my arms and then my top my skin was completely covered in tiny blisters because I wasn't able to get rid of the sweat fast enough. I looked like a Toad! Happy Days! Maybe GranddadFrench cannot unsee the awful sight and is trying to avoid a re-run. I'll probably take his advice today.

Have a lovely day all, and although I know nothing about tuning Celtic harps, I am in awe of you, Galen, and my only suggestion would be not to lose your wonderful sense of humour. ?

TTFN, as my old Mum used to say. x

soop Mon 05-Jul-21 13:04:36

Last night's sunset. Images taken some time apart...
Our daily visitor.

Blossoming Mon 05-Jul-21 13:22:39

Happy Birthday mamaa flowers

soop Mon 05-Jul-21 16:59:04

I talked myself into ironing and repairing an ancient pair of Mr Soop's jim-jams. Feeling a tad saintly. wink

N&G Please may we see the photos when you have them? I bet those boys were rascals, even so, they appear to be angelic when needs be.

Grandmafrench Us lot would like to see what the hairdresser has been up to. Bet you look chic. Please protect your skin in the hot sunshine. It's less hot here today. Hazy and warmish with barely a hint of a breeze.

Mattsmum, I too am a Matt's mum. Mine is the youngest of three.

kitty Family birthday celebrations are the best. Youngest son will mid 40s this month. Eldest son will be 60 the day after. Middle son 58 in November. It's all good stuff. Better still if you are able to spend the time together.

Happy birthday, Mamaa. Shall we share dragonfly's calorie-free treacle tart? If only. wink

Hello, Blossoming and dustyangel and Grandmabatty.

Galen Have you sorted the F string yet? grin

I am away for today. No pussy cat visitation. Hope springs eternal. Please continue to take the best possible care of yourselves. You are very important peoples. smile moon

muse Mon 05-Jul-21 17:41:36

Thank you for all the messages about my leg.

Welcome to soop's kitchen Mattsmum2. Sorry to read about your very good friend. It sounds like you have so many lovely memories of how infectious her happy smile was. Hope the move went well today. That's such a lot of moves over a short period. ?

soop Beautiful sunsets. Loving the big fridge here in the new kitchen, to store all our cakes. Not that they last very long.
I have been behaving myself for the past few days and had a chat with the doctor this afternoon. The pain in my upper calf is slowly improving and I have to walk around a little and often to get the swelling in my foot/lower leg down. It's only just started. If it's the same on Wednesday, I have to ring back.

Left a message on Mick's morning thread about the photos Susan56. What a lovely two days.

I love fruit cake Doodle. My gran used to like it with a slice of strong cheddar cheese.

MrM is currently dealing with another of our build inspections in the pouring rain. Drainage. ?? He spotted today that Phil hasn't put enough gravel under and over the rainwater pipes. He was going to rectify it before the inspection, but the man is here early.

Mya has currently pinched my place on the sofa. I will be easing her to one side so my leg can go up again very soon.

Jaxjacky Hope Imogen is settling OK at night with her burns.

Perhaps we will hear from those missing tomorrow.

Grandmafrench Mon 05-Jul-21 17:42:02

Here you are, as requested, soop. Hope you’ve had a Happy Birthday, mamaa and the sun shone down on you and yours ?

I’m now off indoors in search of a G&T. Cheers and Good Health and better times to come, dear peeps. ???‍♀️

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Jul-21 17:43:01

That's lovely Grandmafrench and such a beautiful colour.

muse Mon 05-Jul-21 17:47:00

Thank you for the ?*mamma*. They bright up my window and block out the rain?I'm currently looking at.

Got the last brownie yesterday Blossoming. Thank you.

muse Mon 05-Jul-21 17:51:00

Grandmafrench ?‍♀️? Enjoy the G+T. Might join you soon.

Yiayia4 Mon 05-Jul-21 18:19:04

Nice hair strawberry blonde GrandmaFrench.
I had my hair done today and always find it very uplifting wish could have the rest of me sorted out?
Fish pie for dinner nice comfort food.
Happy Birthday Mamaa enjoy your evening everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 05-Jul-21 18:59:05

Hello everyone! I’ve been reading all the posts but no time for writing. Galen I hope you are sorted now - a slipping string can’t be good.
Glad to see there is plenty of cake! We have dug a new flowerbed out of the lawn today and I have turned over about a quarter of it. I am smug and in need of celebratory cake! I just hope it is dry enough to finish the job tomorrow.
Welcome to the new posters and happy birthday to those I have missed. Look after yourself soop.

Jaxjacky Mon 05-Jul-21 19:25:49

Hi all, Imogen, after today off, wants to go back to school tomorrow, DD will ask Matron to remind her to take analgesic, she is a quiet flower our GD.
Washing, weeding and floors today (more washing), farm shop for veg was at 07:45, no one else there.
Beautiful pictures soop you do get the best sunsets, ours tonight is rainy. Grabdmafrench your hair is the colour my daughters was when younger, it looks gorgeous.
I have two photos, one of ‘the thigh burn’ don’t enlarge if you’re squeamish, the other of the flowers we sent to DD for her birthday, apparently the scent is amazing.
Have a gentle evening all. X

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Jul-21 19:35:14

Oh JaxJacky, poor Imogen. That looks so painful. ?

Susan56 Mon 05-Jul-21 20:09:37

Oh Jax, poor Imogen, it really does look so painful but brave girl going back to school tomorrow??

Lovely hair Grandmafrench and lovely photos soop.

I’m glad the leg is showing signs of improvement muse.Hopefully further improvement tomorrow??

Thank you for all your lovely comments about B and our weekend away.We are now home?tomorrow will be laundry and sorting the garden.How the garden looks so over grown after three days I don’t know?

TOYA

Bellanonna Mon 05-Jul-21 20:11:33

I can’t believe we’ve moved again! Our intervals between kitchens are shorter and shorter.

Lovely sunsets as usual soop, and warm welcome to mattsmum.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion