Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls

(58 Posts)
Nana3 Mon 12-Jul-21 04:34:48

Shall we have another thread for those of us with sleepless hours to fill?

Kim19 Tue 30-Nov-21 05:04:04

Morning light sleepers! Just cosily lying here thinking about many people who've had no power for three days. Quite borrendous. I have to smile at those of us who physically get out of bed to do things when unable to sleep. Such strength. Think I would lie here indefinitely. I'm so cocooned that I cannot think of anything that would inspire me to move. Gently thinking of the day ahead and wondering what little surprise it may afford me. Yesterday son 2 turned up unexpectedly and we had had a quick bite of lunch together. He was in my area on business. Lovely! Today I've a couple of appointments to arrange and a wee bit of ironing to do. Whether or not I can manage a short walk will depend entirely on the weather.

nanna8 Tue 30-Nov-21 04:43:13

Second hot day this Spring- really nice to fling off the cardis and jumpers. I think it is around 30C and the washing dried in no time flat. Dont sleep too well once it gets warmer but we do have aircon if all else fails

Juliet27 Tue 30-Nov-21 04:13:44

Went to bed around 10 and fell asleep quickly but woke at 1.30 and worried about all the commitments I have at present and e mailed re one of them. Doubt I’ll get back to sleep but I’m going to try.

lemsip Tue 30-Nov-21 03:56:37

oh dear, wide awake again,,,went to bed just after midnight , given up and am sat at table in kitchen. Just had some cereal and cup of tea on here for a while.

BlueBelle Sun 28-Nov-21 04:38:19

Not heard anything here in the night, I think it’s been rainy and windy but nothing more than ordinary we re lucky it’s been bad up north hasn’t it ?

BlueBelle Sun 28-Nov-21 04:38:19

Not heard anything here in the night, I think it’s been rainy and windy but nothing more than ordinary we re lucky it’s been bad up north hasn’t it ?

loopyloo Sun 28-Nov-21 04:08:09

Hi, DH woke me up going to work now am worried about all the storm damage.

BlueBelle Sun 28-Nov-21 03:49:52

Morning all how’s it going ?

MayBeMaw Sun 28-Nov-21 02:26:00

Sh*t, sh*t and sh*t.
Suffering from a headache I took two paracetamols when I went to bed (around 11)
Three hours later I am buzzing and checking in the WPB I see I took two Paracetamol Plus - ie with caffeine.
So I have now had a cup of Pukka night time tea, a Kalms and a (full drowsy) Piriton. Normally that would have felled me even before I got as far as the bed. But not this time ?????

lemsip Sat 27-Nov-21 09:37:05

I don't go to bed till midnight hoping I'll sleep longer. annoying when I wake after 4 hours and it's hard to get back to sleep so I get up go through and make a cuppa put tele on and watch some rubbish then back to bed for a while.
Had a very good night recently, why can't i get two in a row? lol

BlueBelle Sat 27-Nov-21 04:43:28

I m awake I ve had a good night but usually wake by 4 am
How’s everyone ?

bikergran Sat 27-Nov-21 03:12:30

Anyone awake hmm

lemsip Fri 26-Nov-21 09:24:16

Nana3 Hello to you....good to hear you slept well too. I was searching for this site two nights ago when sleep couldn't be had so searched it out today.....
Where's FannyCornforth theses days.

Nana3 Fri 26-Nov-21 09:07:50

Hello lemsip good to hear you had a good sleep, me too.
I wonder how other night owls are getting on?

lemsip Fri 26-Nov-21 08:50:59

I'm realise the last activity on here was July 2021 by the way but,
Is everyone sleeping okay these days? searched for the
Night Owls Part Two- wit, Two -Woo thread but cannot find, I had good sleep last night which was so good and a pleasant
change

Aldom Wed 21-Jul-21 10:07:01

Mollygo I'm sleeping about 8 hours each night during the heat wave, still using my pillow tied in the middle. smile

Mollygo Tue 20-Jul-21 07:43:41

Meant to get back about the pillow tie idea. It worked well at first-so I wasn’t on here in the early hours. As soon as it got hot though I sweated so much that I went back to an ordinary pillow with a cooling pillow case (from Lidl). I’ll keep it in mind for later this year.

Coolgran65 Tue 20-Jul-21 06:14:45

I used to be forever punching my pillow trying to get comfortable. But no more. Some time ago I bought a small triangular shaped memory foam pillow that is made to go between the knees to take the pressure off your hips. One night I tried it as a neck pillow and found it to be the perfect shape and support. I’ve been using it for well over a year and it’s ideal for me as a side sleeper. No more sore neck/shoulder upon waking up. I’m a poor sleeper and usually get 2 or 3 shifts of a couple of hours each. But know that my pillow will not be the issue.
Being diagnosed with sleep apnea and getting a Cpap machine was another massive benefit.

Kim19 Tue 20-Jul-21 05:27:02

Hello! I've been awake for a while too. Watched West Side Story. Yep, sure looks promising of another lovely day. Three in a row. Remarkable! I've four cousins descending on me today. Really looking forward to it as they're a crazy bunch.

Nana3 Tue 20-Jul-21 05:03:45

Good morning Night Owls, I'm awake at sunrise, the sky is a pale gold.
Another scorcher today sunshine

Rufus2 Wed 14-Jul-21 15:08:43

94 Rufus2! That’s an achievement to be proud of!!
Thank you Molly, but it was nothing really smile
Clean Living and learning how to keep my cool! grin

It's St Swithin's Day tomorrow today, so looking forward to lots of rain, at least until 24th August! grin
Good Health

Nana3 Tue 13-Jul-21 23:34:49

NanKate flowers so sorry to hear about the chronic fatigue, sending best wishes for a better night.

Mollygo Tue 13-Jul-21 16:08:21

94 Rufus2! That’s an achievement to be proud of!!

Rufus2 Tue 13-Jul-21 15:56:45

I doubt he will now as I am 74
Are you the same NanKate who acted as DJ at my 91st virtual birthday bash just after I enlisted in GN? and then dumped me later for something I said, of which I know not what! sad
74 is the new whatever and you've a long winding road still to enjoy. grin
Good Health
OoRoo

NanKate Tue 13-Jul-21 15:38:12

To answer your question Nana3 no I followed my usual routine as I want to get back in track. I have a type of chronic fatigue so I’m used to feeling rubbish. I’m seeing a consultant but he hasn’t sorted me out. I doubt he will now as I am 74, but heyho I’m still breathing. ?