Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 01-Aug-21 06:13:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey cloudy start here in Brackley this morning, but dry at the moment.
Yesterday went to plan despite the rain , I did both Bicester and Buckingham , but the stallholder at the flea market was not there who I have normally brought things from.
Also getting out and about a little further is lowering my weight .
Today easy day in, as from tomorrow ,a look at how we perform in cycling track events in Tokyo .
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Sun 01-Aug-21 08:51:47

Another S Lanarkshire good morning.
A laughter filled afternoon yesterday with two pals. The weather wasn’t great but the chat was. We take it in turns to pick up lunch from the lovely local deli so it is a totally stress free get together.

Zoom church in Ireland this morning. Although we can go back locally now, I enjoy this service so much I am staying with it.
Later on a visit from my brother and a walk. I’ll be off early tomorrow for a whole day’s childminding, not sure how that will feel. I think I had better get my planning hat on!

Wishing everyone a good Sunday ??

Grandmafrench Sun 01-Aug-21 08:54:57

Good Morning everyone. You’ve started by day with a laugh, Alizarin - by the time I reached Ginny’s post, I wouldn’t have been surprised to hear that her roadside musician was playing a knitted trombone! There’s clearly nothing you can’t knit - how good must that be for emergencies : spare door key, taxi, umbrella? What a talent!!

This morning I must track down a good florist I found in Normandy last year, and speak to her about making up a pretty hand-tied bouquet for a friend’s birthday. I love to get flowers but am often disappointed when I receive photos of flowers I’ve ordered online for friends. There’s often too much substitution going on and the deliveries have been uncertain or have failed. So I now try to find a florist local to where I want them delivered. A friend (on here) was to have flowers from me and I had no clue as she lives in the wilds of Scotland. So I found and phoned a hotel in what I hoped was her area and asked who they’d use if they wanted something really pretty.They recommended and I was able to use some lovely people to make up and deliver the flowers I wanted. Happiness all round!

DH has just taken the dogs for a quick spin across the vineyard. Too hot to go far, but we have an early breeze and they (??) are full of frisk this morning - so will love a change of scene. My garden was treated to a surprise shower in the night - not forecast - but everything has quickly dried in the sunshine again and we can have breakfast outside without needing to dry off table or chairs.

Glad to hear of travellers safely home again and of GC visits - whatever the weather. August has raced towards us me at lightning speed this year, little wonder our roads and beaches are busy then, I’ve just not kept up with the dates. If Urms was here, she’d probably be pinching or punching us with an early message. If you’re reading this thread, girlie - even if you are now fully employed as Stationmaster and officially supervise the incoming trains opposite your window- do give us a little wave of your flag one day……it’d be good to hear you’re ok. ?x

To all missing, unwell, worried, busy, still asleep, make sure you have a good, better, calmer, day and try to find a moment for fun or laughter. YOLO! So try to make this ‘once’ really count.

Hugs and kind wishes from across the Channel and down a bit!
????????‍♀️???????

Susan56 Sun 01-Aug-21 09:00:03

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

Haven’t posted for a while as the situation with FIL is dire and my ramblings would have brought this happy thread down.

However, today is a happy day as our darling Henry is being Christened and the sun is shining.

My niece and family came down yesterday and we spent a lovely evening with them so a couple of calm days in the storm.

Have a good day all and thinking of all who are struggling?

Grandmafrench Sun 01-Aug-21 09:06:34

All who are struggling would want to think of you too, susan. So sad to hear of your troubles and of your poor FiL.

Have a truly wonderful day today with your family and being able to celebrate something positive in the current storm of your life. Give little Henry the biggest squeeze and be so glad you have him. ?Love to you all.

Anniebach Sun 01-Aug-21 09:14:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Sun 01-Aug-21 09:15:59

Good morning everyone from a grey and wet Northampton, with more showers forecast.
Nothing really planned for today, just the newspapers and some reading, and will watch more Olympics on tv.
Have a restful Sunday, everyone.

Jaxjacky Sun 01-Aug-21 09:22:18

Good morning Mick and all from an overcast S Hants. Hope you feel better soon Sars and ? for you Susan, may today bring much needed joy.
DD rang earlier, both she and Imogen have tested positive this morning, both asymptomatic, so on their way home, such a shame, Imogen is very upset, her surfing lesson was today. DD tests every other day, habit from school, PCR booked for this afternoon. Fortunately she has a full tank of fuel, so no stops, we’re on standby for shopping.
Hope you have a pleasant Sunday all, especially those on holiday and with or expecting family xx

aggie Sun 01-Aug-21 09:22:26

Good morning from a cooler Co Armagh , I had to pull on the discarded duvet last night , I had been wakened by loud voices and had prowled around to see what was up and got cold .
Stilllearning I am enjoying on line Church too , I am leaving the space in the Chapel for more energetic worshippers
I am not a regular poster , but I am missing a few regulars on here , thinking of them now , and any poorly or sad people xxx

EkwaNimitee Sun 01-Aug-21 09:28:57

Good morning, Mick and all from a bright and cool Carlisle where the sun is fighting the clouds, not very successfully.
With my new little pointy spade, I managed to dig a hole in the lawn much more easily and speedily so my purple-leaved elder is now in. I also continued with a little more lawn removal for my border. Today will be a gardening rest day except for thinning out my tray of foxglove seedlings which germinated embarrassingly well.
I finished a lengthy tome by a 19C explorer, it was a facsimile of the original book and the print was tiny. Good glasses and good light needed to read it comfortably. I don't know how they managed in Victorian days. The language describing the Pacific islanders and Inuit was rather non-pc in places although the author meant well. It wouldn't get published these days as a new work without alterations.
Reading the papers and maybe a stroll is what is planned for today. And the best possible day to you all.

Lins1066 Sun 01-Aug-21 09:29:21

Good morning from a cloudy Welsh coast, forecast says dry from now on.
Good to hear from your Susan I've been thinking about you, enjoy Henry's christening.
Nothing planned today.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 01-Aug-21 09:45:30

Morning Mick and all

Grey here in S E Essex

I am on the sofa with The Imp asleep on my lap, DD has gone for a lie down, he kept her awake most of the night but looking at his angelic face framed with blonde hair it’s hard to believe he can be so challenging

No plans, roast pork for later

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Blossoming Sun 01-Aug-21 10:07:55

Good morning all from the comfort of my lovely warm bed. I think the forecast is for showers. Happy Sunday all.

Gelisajams Sun 01-Aug-21 10:15:58

A late good morning from Shetland. I’ve not been awake long as we were out late last night and then I couldn’t sleep as I was cold. Then there is nothing here to wake me. A mooching day beckons. We’ve done a lot of walking recently and my feet are getting a bit sore. A couple of photos from yesterday when the weather was more typically Shetland!

Mapleleaf Sun 01-Aug-21 11:45:28

Good morning from a drizzly South Yorkshire. It’s only started in the last half hour, so hope it passes over.

I love Northumberland, Greyduster and have visited the places you have mentioned several times. I think the coastline there takes some beating, with those lovely, long, sandy beaches, and fantastic wildlife, plus all the magnificent history of the area. Hope it starts to warm up for you.

Whatever your plans for the day, I hope it’s a good one ?.

mrswoo Sun 01-Aug-21 12:24:23

Greyduster I was also in Seahouses yesterday - it certainly was crowded!
I wonder if you had coffee and cake where DH and I had coffee and cake. It was fabulous and the choice was overwhelming.
We then enjoyed a much overdue trip out to the Farne Islands to see the puffins. Altogether, a great day out although I may regret that slice of chocolate cheesecake at my next Slimming World weigh-in.

B9exchange Sun 01-Aug-21 12:24:56

A rather later Good Morning, didn't have time to post before church. So very good to be able to sing without a mask, what a joy! Everyone delighted to see each other, and had a long catch up over coffee.

Still intermittent rain here, I have probably ruined the summer by buying DH one of those rattan outside sofas for the patio. And I will further scupper it if the air con man arrives this week and fixes the unit in the bedroom and the office, you can blame the rain and cool weather on me! GGFrench I envy you the sunshine. If we do get over to France in September, then the weather will pick up, it is always lovely whilst we are away.

Susan how great that you can have a lovely day in the midst of all your worries over FiL.

A friend I have known for well over 50 years rang and announced he could drop in tomorrow, so I tried to find a quiche in Morrisons, not one to be found, which means I will have to make one, bother!!

Hope everyone can find at least one thing to smile about today.

Nannagarra Sun 01-Aug-21 12:29:21

Susan56 ?
I hope Henry has a wonderful day.