Gransnet forums

Chat

News from OZ, missing regular poster.

(145 Posts)
Megs36 Mon 09-Aug-21 10:19:15

Has anyone heard from our Australian poster, don’t think I am supposed to mention names, but we know who I mean!!

Hellogirl1 Mon 09-Aug-21 17:18:49

I hope you`re OK Rufus?

BlueBelle Mon 09-Aug-21 17:22:26

I m also a bit concerned about Bettinalove as she hasn’t been on her thread for a good while since she heard her husband would be coming out of hospital
I pm d her just to say are you ok but no answer hopefully she’s just busy sorting her life out but I d like to know she’s ok

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking out for each other and being concerned when we don’t hear

BlueSky Mon 09-Aug-21 18:17:40

Thanks Platypus! Just any news/contribution from Oz will be very welcome here, as there are quite a few of us with family over there.
Aveline that’s rather worrying.

Aveline Tue 10-Aug-21 17:12:41

Oh dear. Still nothing and today's 'Chewsday'.

BlueBelle Tue 10-Aug-21 18:09:46

I thought the same Aveline I do hope Rufus is ok

lemongrove Tue 10-Aug-21 21:52:38

He may be visiting relatives or friends, or simply bored by GN
I imagine he has other forums.

Aveline Wed 11-Aug-21 07:08:36

More to it than that I fear lemongrove. Last time stopped posting and emailing was when he fell and was in hospital for a while. I doubt he's been banned again as he was trying hard to be 'good'.

BlueBelle Wed 11-Aug-21 07:26:04

Rufus wouldn’t be bored or leave without going out on a big joke Lemon I too think he may be in hospital or unwell which happened last time

lemsip Wed 11-Aug-21 07:40:48

well he last posted on 28 July on his Good Morning Chewsday thread. so not too long ago

MerylStreep Wed 11-Aug-21 07:45:02

Megs36
Are you really that worried about the GN stasi. If so, that’s awful.

Jaxjacky Wed 11-Aug-21 07:51:11

lemsip 3rd August, 28th was a Wednesday. So he posted last week, but either way, somethings up, I hope he’s ok.

rafichagran Wed 11-Aug-21 09:40:19

I hope there is nothing wrong.

BlueSky Wed 11-Aug-21 10:00:21

MerylStreep

Megs36
Are you really that worried about the GN stasi. If so, that’s awful.

Meryl if you do mention names the thread is usually deleted.

FannyCornforth Wed 11-Aug-21 10:05:52

Hi all. Only if someone reports it, it seems.
There have been lots of threads mentioning posters by name.
I think that it’s to stop any bad mouthing.

I hope that the old chap is okay too.

Aveline Wed 11-Aug-21 10:54:13

Just had another email returned 'user unknown'. It certainly used to work.

nanna8 Wed 11-Aug-21 11:18:03

Hope Rufus is ok,too. He seems like a real good ‘in, always happy.
We are still in our 6th lockdown here in Melbourne, they just extended it for another week so I have just been cancelling all sorts of things we had planned with fam and Probus.I have ‘adopted’ a lady who lives alone as a ‘bubble buddy’ so we can go walking together because she is alone and doing it tough. They really don’t consider things like that. For us it is upsetting because in our part of Melbourne we have had no cases at all, ever, but we still have to abide by the stringent rules. Gransnet is a good place to talk and let off steam!

FannyCornforth Wed 11-Aug-21 12:21:11

Aveline how about contacting HQ?
I’m sure that they’d be happy to do whatever they can. I’m sure I’ve read them saying that they can look into stuff like this.
And they seem to be in ‘helpful mode’ at the moment!

Grannmarie Wed 11-Aug-21 12:44:43

I hope Rufus is OK, I enjoy his posts.
His jokes and 'quirky' sense of humour remind me of my Dad's generation.

Platypus Wed 11-Aug-21 13:24:13

nanna8 I’m in Greater Sydney- locked down as well since June - you guys in Melbourne take the cake though - 6 you poor things - we hadn’t even had a case in our lga that is until today - damn!

Do you know what part of Victoria Rufus is from? If he’s in lockdown you’d think he’d be posting.

Hellogirl1 Wed 11-Aug-21 16:17:50

Rufus is in Melbourne

infoman Wed 11-Aug-21 17:27:03

Yabbie,I spent a lot of time in the Marysville area,is that close to you?
To you and nanna8 always appreciate any news about that nexk of the woods.
Just watching a programme about grand designs Australia about the house in Toolangi.

Jaxjacky Fri 13-Aug-21 08:13:07

Still no news, I’m rather concerned, I’ve contacted GNHQ.

BlueBelle Fri 13-Aug-21 08:47:29

I too am concerned about Rufus, I sent a pm but no reply but it was sent so he’s not been banned or anything
Thanks for contacting HQ jaxjacky hopefully they will perhaps know if he’s account has been used

nanna8 Fri 13-Aug-21 10:04:32

Infoman, Marysville is lovely and seems to have recovered well from the fires that devastated the town over 10 years ago now. You wouldn’t even know they had had any. It is quite isolated, though and must be doing it tough just now with a lack of tourists. We always go to Bruno’s garden when we go there, different every time .We live about 50 kms from Marysville so it is a nice day trip for us over Black Spur.

Yabbie Fri 13-Aug-21 10:07:14

I live in a place called Benloch. It's so small that our only public building is the CFA; no shop, no pub, no school just the Country Fire Authority sheds.
We're not currently locked down because we're regional. I still work three days a week in Melbourne which is seriously locked down at the moment.
I have a small farm in the Great Dividing Range; which is just hills where we live.
Local news is mainly related to straying stock and dogs. Good news from the farm is that one of my Wagyu heifers has dropped a heifer calf. We're thrilled because we've had an absolute plague of bull calves
Victoria's news is mainly focused on the Very Slow roll out of vaccination and the Melbourne lock down. We also spend a significant amount of time tut-tutting at NSW for their poor lock down and rampant spread of covid. Daniel Andrews (state premier), our beloved "Dictator Dan", is much admired and respected in Vic.
We regard Gladys (Bin Chicken) Berejiklian (state premier of NSW) with Great Suspicion.
Slo-mo, Scotty-from-marketing, Scott Morrison (prime minister) is generally despised by all.
Winter here at the moment. We've had a lot of rain, actual mud has been detected in gateways and on my old Clydesdale's legs (he's a mud magnet). No snow, infuriating, we expect snow twice a year. Might be some actual grass in the next couple of weeks.