Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 22nd August 2021

(60 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 22-Aug-21 06:09:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its been raining here in brackley earlier , but dry at present .
Yesterdays day coach trip to London was a mixture , weather plus , the coach could not get to the Kingsway, so we ended up on the embankment across from the London Eye.
I did go to Chinatown and have my lunch otherwise a walk about , saw drama of demonstrations on Parliament Square, as per current crisis , otherwise a nice day put.
Today ,stay in watch cycling later as well .
Take Care,
Mick

B9exchange Sun 22-Aug-21 23:07:19

Welcome back Urms, missed you! And hope you feel better tomorrow Ash, shame you had to come home early.

brook2704 Sun 22-Aug-21 14:14:52

Wishing Mr and Mrs Mapleleaf a very Happy Anniversary! ???❤️?

EkwaNimitee Sun 22-Aug-21 11:59:16

Borrheid, I think Marydoll said she was taking a little time off.

EkwaNimitee Sun 22-Aug-21 11:57:12

Good morning, Mick and all from drizzly Carlisle. Yesterday was mostly wet so nothing got done outside. I might garden after lunch if it dries up a bit. I've just come back from the DIY store with bits and bobs though not everything I wanted. I try not to resort to a certain large online emporium all the time.
It sounds like it was a good trip, Mick. There's always something interesting to do/see in London.
I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour NanKate. You are right about the wearing of the alarm. My mother had one, came downstairs one morning without it and had a fall in the hall. And there she lay for about 6 hours before my brother arrived and called the ambulance. Fortunately no injuries, she just couldn't get herself up or move to the phone.
Best wishes for your DiL, LauraNorder, it's a worrying time for you all. And look after yourself, Ashcombe, I hope you're soon well.
And a good day to all with a bit of sun for once.

Borrheid55 Sun 22-Aug-21 11:54:49

Morning (just ) from Ashford Kent where we were woken at 05:30 by thunder and heavy rain. At least the garden got a soaking. GranMattie I’m glad your son looked up diverticulitis. Let’s hope he gets a definitive diagnosis.
aggie I like Beechgrove too, it’s a bit more casual than Gardeners World. They seem more ‘down to earth’ ?
Marydoll hasn’t posted for a couple of days. I hope she’s ok , I know she was upset by some posts last week. She has such a good heart and takes things to it easily.
Quiet day planned - finishing a baby cardi for my hairdresser’s bump, chicken casserole later to make and catch up on the jumbo Times xword. That lot should keep me busy!
Have a good day all!

Feelingmyage55 Sun 22-Aug-21 11:38:32

Good morning from a sunny, for now, north of Scotland.
We’ve just had a lovely brunch in the garden and are off to fill the car with rubbish for a visit to the dump tomorrow. Thank goodness we don’t have to make an appointment but I may have to queue. I think this way there is hopefully less fly tipping.
What good neighbours and friends so many of you are.
urms. What is for Spanish lunch?
Have the best day you can.

Grandmajean Sun 22-Aug-21 11:33:55

Have a happy day on your anniversaryMapleleaf

Kalu Sun 22-Aug-21 11:09:10

Good morning all from a greyish Glasgow, thankfully no rain forecast. I have been unsuccessfully trying to rid the garden of greenfly which we have been plagued with this year. Such a pity to see the damage they cause. Another round of soapy water has been recommended so fingers firmly crossed it works, if not, I fear I have lost the battle.

Happy Anniversary Mapleleaf. ?. Hope you both enjoy your day whether you decide to go out or not, being together is what counts.

Best wishes to all, especially those of you going through worrying times, I hope you have a better day.

Callistemon Sun 22-Aug-21 10:59:01

LauraNorder

Callistemon are you sure #lazygran came up on your ‘active’ list!!
Good to see her tho isn’t it.

I must have missed that hashtag previously! Perhaps I was dozing ?

Grammaretto Sun 22-Aug-21 10:58:05

Too right MawBe. That is one of my nightmares and has happened frequently. We once had a double puncture but only one spare tyre. Looks like they are in a big layby

Happy anniversary Mapleleaves.

Nannagarra Sun 22-Aug-21 10:57:59

Wishing you a very happy wedding anniversary Mapleleaf. ???

Nannagarra Sun 22-Aug-21 10:53:01

Good morning from bright and sunny Sefton.
DGC have requested their favourite meal - bangers and mash to which I’ll add lots of veg. Mary B’s brownies sound delicious (thanks Blue) so they may be made.
What an awful situation for your dear friend NanKate. I do hope she is comfortable, pain-free and soon on the mend. I’m also sorry to hear you’re not feeling well, Ashcombe. What a time you and Olddudders are having.
It goes without saying that I am thinking of you all. Have the best Sunday possible. ????

LauraNorder Sun 22-Aug-21 10:45:16

Callistemon are you sure #lazygran came up on your ‘active’ list!!
Good to see her tho isn’t it.

Greyduster Sun 22-Aug-21 10:44:16

A very Happy Anniversary to you, Maple and Mr Maple! Have a super day!???

Callistemon Sun 22-Aug-21 10:39:07

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Mapleleaf ?

Callistemon Sun 22-Aug-21 10:37:48

I just saw Urmstongran's name pop up on my active list so thought I'd call in to say Good Morning and to everyone.
Good to see you back.

It's a lovely sunny morning here in S Wales after yesterday's torrential rain. That should make the garden grow.

LauraNorder sending good wishes for your DIL ?

And to all who are experiencing difficulties of any kind

NanKate a friend had a fall, used his alarm but no-one answered so he managed to crawl to the phone, called a neighbour who sent for an ambulance. He's ok again now, it was an infection which caused confusion and dizziness.
A warning to us all, perhaps, to carry a mobile phone with us even at home.

MawBe Well done that boy! How to get the best out of every situation ⚽️ ?

LauraNorder Sun 22-Aug-21 10:36:39

Happy anniversary to the Mapleleaves x

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-Aug-21 10:36:26

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Mapleleaf ???

Beechnut Sun 22-Aug-21 10:32:22

Happy Anniversary *Mr&MrsMapleleaf. Go out and enjoy your day ??

Jaxjacky Sun 22-Aug-21 10:31:47

Have a very Happy Anniversary Mapleleaf to you both ???.

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Aug-21 10:28:04

Good morning all,

I'll read the posts through properly in a while, I've just read Micks so far, but thought I'd better post before it gets any later.
Glad you enjoyed your day out, Mick despite the change to parking location. Hope you enjoyed your meal in Chinatown.
Not sure what we are doing today yet, but as it's our wedding anniversary, might pop out somewhere.

Hope you all have the best day possible, and to all with worries or Ill health I send you kind thoughts ?.

Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 22-Aug-21 10:23:51

Oh Maw Nigella’s Chocolate Meringue Gelato with raspberries? I’ll pop round at tea time! Sounds heavenly.

MawBe Sun 22-Aug-21 09:59:53

Good morning from N Bucks where after overnight rain it is brightening up.
I was relieved to hear D1 and family were home safely last night from the Highlands. They had set off 2 1/2 weeks ago for Scotland with the car absolutely rammed full not counting the 5 bikes on bike racks and the spaniel in the dog crate . Pretty typical I should think, (we used to pack stuff round the children in the back - who needed rear airbags in those days?)
This was them on their way home yesterday- 4 miles north of Tebay with the friendly AA man!
It’s every family’s nightmare isn’t it - the car (and a big one, a Land River Discovery) packed to the gunwales with children, clothes, holiday stuff, dog in dog crate etc etc- and you break down!
Only thing worse would have been if that had happened as they were setting off on holiday!
As I said they got home safely and no, I don’t think it involved Pickfords. GS took the opportunity to play his beloved football beside the M6 - I trust on a side road from the look of it, not the hard shoulder ?
I have few plans for today, washing is out, ironing I suppose sad or maybe start making the pud I have planned when friends come to lunch next week. It’s Nigella’s Chocolate Meringue Gelato with raspberries. At least if I make it, it will stop me snacking on the meringue nests!
I have not RTF(for full) T so if I have missed anything , my apologies.
Wishing you all a peaceful day and relief to all with worries or sadness.

Blossoming Sun 22-Aug-21 09:50:33

Good morning all. It’s cold, wet and windy here in Lancashire. Porridge has been consumed, bacon butties for lunch later, mince and stovies in the slow cooker for this evening.

What a shock about your lovely neighbour NanKate. A life changing event for sure at that age.

Wishing you all the best day possible and some ease from any pain and worries.

ixion Sun 22-Aug-21 09:50:06

Good morning all!
Just popped in to deliver ? to LauraNorder and her family and to wish them all strength in the days and weeks to follow.