Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(8 Posts)
nadateturbe Wed 08-Sep-21 22:57:34

Good evening Rufus. Nice that you are being looked after. The hot flannel back scrub sounds lovely. Sleep well.?

rafichagran Wed 08-Sep-21 18:44:26

Good Evening Rufus lovely to see you back.

Callistemon Wed 08-Sep-21 17:04:40

Hello Rufus glad you're clean and cared for now and hope you're healing well.

^Lovely scenery of course, but it still irritates when the
“Celebs” travelling 1st class presumably at taxpayers expense always find time to indulge in fine cuisine!^
I know what you mean, it is irritating then I watch them and enjoy it, (well some of them, not all). Especially when we're still limited where we can go - Australia being out for a start.

Aveline Wed 08-Sep-21 16:56:17

Hi Rufus2 I suspect you're in for a longer lockdown than you think somehow. The numbers here are very high but with far fewer hospitalisations and deaths. The vaccines have done well. I hope you've had yours? If not maybe one of your relay of visiting women could give you yours?

Kim19 Wed 08-Sep-21 15:44:54

Hello Rufus. Just one GIGANTIC hello.

Jaxjacky Wed 08-Sep-21 15:43:03

Hi Rufus, last of our warmer days today, Poland v England on the box tonight. I’ve pm’d you.
Take care ?

Grannmarie Wed 08-Sep-21 15:40:03

Good evening, Rufus, looks like you are getting excellent after care, relax and enjoy!?
Sorry to hear of cases rising in Oz, hope your vaccine rollout speeds up. Have you been vaccinated yet?

Rufus2 Wed 08-Sep-21 15:29:15

Good Evening; Not much of interest tonight! Daily Covid stats for VIC remain unchanged with about 250 new cases per day, no doubt as a result of a resurgence of more testing.
NSW is a different, more serious situation..
Still another 2 weeks of hard lockdown to go, although there is talk of easing up for various groups.

My Carer programme is now underway; today it consisted of “Carina” giving me a hot shower! followed by Nurse Sue doing some new dressings.
Oh, the bliss of having my back, especially the itchy bits, scrubbed down with a hot flannel; something my dear Vera never attempted. I was never one for rolling on my back on the lawn after a shower like our Jessie and Rufus!
All that achieved was a hairy coat covered in grass clippings and dead leaves. grin

Baldrick was riding the rails in Canada this evening. Lovely scenery of course, but it still irritates when the
“Celebs” travelling 1st class presumably at taxpayers expense always find time to indulge in fine cuisine!

Weather remains sunny, but wind is too keen for sunbathing and rain is forecast for week-end.
Things on my mind tonight to sleep on, so Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo